Stafford concerns have come full circle after the Vikings game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I got about 3 pages into this thread, and stopped reading. People who were against the trade seem to be focusing on the negatives, and people who were for the trade seem to be focusing on the positives (but I could be wrong). Seems like people see what they want to see.
Choose a side you pussy.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Choose a side you pussy.
LOL. I am all aboard Team Stafford. Have been super pumped since the trade was announced. Unlike a lot of guys in this thread, I understand that QBs make mistakes. And he has basically doubled the passing TDs we had last year. Expecting a team to be in perfect sync when the OL is shuffled, and the team gets 2 practices over the course of 2 weeks is a little much.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True, and what QB can win with garbage around him, yet we hold the 2016 Fisher led Rams and the 2021 gutted Lions team against Goff.
We do?
Only times I've thought of Goff this year was when he and the Lions beat the Cards and when the Rams played the Lions, hoping AD would metaphorically, cancel his subscription.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL. I am all aboard Team Stafford. Have been super pumped since the trade was announced. Unlike a lot of guys in this thread, I understand that QBs make mistakes. And he has basically doubled the passing TDs we had last year. Expecting a team to be in perfect sync when the OL is shuffled, and the team gets 2 practices over the course of 2 weeks is a little much.
Bingo.....and how in the hell has this turned into another Goff v. Stafford thread? Goff is a damn Lion now, so who gives a shyte what happens to him? He's not our problem anymore.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Choose a side you pussy.
MTSQv4r.gif

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I got about 3 pages into this thread, and stopped reading. People who were against the trade seem to be focusing on the negatives, and people who were for the trade seem to be focusing on the positives (but I could be wrong). Seems like people see what they want to see.
Wouldn't apply to me.
I thought the Stafford trade was the right move... and still do. And am still very concerned about the very bad turnovers, especially deep in Rams territory. That's not really part of a winning formula in the playoffs. I hope he can reign that in.

I was happy to see them move on from Goff.. and am pleasantly surprised that he seems to be not-horrific in Detroit.

Tano

Legend
Bingo.....and how in the hell has this turned into another Goff v. Stafford thread? Goff is a damn Lion now, so who gives a shyte what happens to him? He's not our problem anymore.
Well whenever there are concerns about Stafford, Goff's name is invariably going to come up

And whenever Goff is called a shitty QB I am going to respond

I really need to stop doing that

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We do?
Only times I've thought of Goff this year was when he and the Lions beat the Cards and when the Rams played the Lions, hoping AD would metaphorically, cancel his subscription.
And maybe the 1000 or so threads we’ve had this year on this subject.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well whenever there are concerns about Stafford, Goff's name is invariably going to come up

And whenever Goff is called a shitty QB I am going to respond

I really need to stop doing that
It's about performance and shouldn't be personal. Todd Gurley, for a couple of years, was one of the best RB's I've seen play in horns. Our dumping him was a sad thing, but necessary.
Goff threw 20 TD's and 13 TD's last year and McSnead didn't think that was good enough and so made a move for a QB who thus far has doubled Jared's TD numbers from 2021. Our dumping him was a sad thing, but necessary. That's one helluva good increase in production, and it's not personal.

NFL (Not For Long)

Tano

Legend
It's about performance and shouldn't be personal. Todd Gurley, for a couple of years, was one of the best RB's I've seen play in horns. Our dumping him was a sad thing, but necessary.
Goff threw 20 TD's and 13 TD's last year and McSnead didn't think that was good enough and so made a move for a QB who thus far has doubled Jared's TD numbers from 2021. Our dumping him was a sad thing, but necessary. That's one helluva good increase in production, and it's not personal.

NFL (Not For Long)
Oh I have no problem with trading Goff - that has been stated by me in other threads. I felt the price was too high but that is another story.

It was time to go. McVay and Goff were not going to work together any more for a number of reasons and one of them had to go and I am glad it was Goff and not McVay

I just want people to stop dumping on Goff because I really liked what Goff did here and just felt he wasn't being treated fairly by a few people on this board.

I really got to just give up because some people just will always hate Goff

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was kiddin around. Will avoid all blue font adventures with you in the future though no worries. :clinkingbeer:
I am just playing. You will have a hell of a hard time offending me. Probably should have blue fonted that.

jap

Legend
Matthew needs to know his teammates strengths and weaknesses thoroughly, play with that knowledge, and give the Horns ten consecutive Super Bowl victories. That's all he has to do, really! Easy Peasy!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Sorry. Feel free to hold to that... but coaching and playing are worlds apart.

Again.. I'm not banging on any inefficiencies... I'm focused on really catastrophic turnovers.. and, no.. QBs don't do them at the same rate or even close to it.

Again... Stafford is the active leader in pick 6s thrown.

And.. "when the defense let us down"???

If the D hadn't of done their job and the Special teams hadn't of scored... the game was a loss.

Yeah, by the way, Stafford did do a good job in the 4th!
I guess Stafford wants to increase his lead in this category.

And... again.. for those who say.. "all QBs make mistakes/have bad games".. the reality is that Stafford throws more pick 6s than anyone else currently in the NFL and by a significant margin.