Stafford and those 2 first-rounders - worth it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Today's worth it, not worth it meter reads:
View attachment 51268

He has always been worth it.Jared Goff & Sean Mcvay had a falling out.

Jared Goff & The Rams have done basically the same thing as last season. His contract was to Big of a Hit.

Wolford was The Rams starting QB & one there first playoff game. IMO if The Rams played Tampa Bay they might have won ?

This Rams offensive line has also been together another season.

What Stafford & Kupp did this year is Tops in NFL history. He took off & was at the HOF for Mega-Tron.Then back to practice the next day. Mcvay held him out. He works his Azz off & this means everything to him.

He is not the best or most talented QB. He works hard, but it is his competitiveness that makes him the player he is.

Murray did a Stafford last night. We know as Ram fans in 2021 that is a recipe for Lossing.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It would be what the Rams gave to acquire Stafford.

All the sport pundits say Stafford has HOF numbers. But what good is that if he cannot win the Super Bowl with a 1:1 ratio of TDs to Interceptions during the regular season?

I think the Rams all in approach will strip the talent cupboard bare in the future when their scouting and coaching are not up to par and it will be another 10-12 years of suck like what they had before.
You should see his stats from this year, they certainly are not 1:1.

Their recent history doesn’t come close to your view of what will happen. They are only getting better using this approach.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if he wins a Superbowl, there will be some that won't be happy about the trade. Stafford was amazing last night. How about his runs when there was open space and nobody open? QB sneak for a TD? How about a 154.5 passer rating? How about the Rams going to Tampa Bay facing the GOAT & defending Champs and the world will be watching with a legit chance to win? All for some first round picks that might as well be magic beans at this point. There are only 8 teams remaining in the quest. Enjoy the ride!

Ellard80

Legend
Even if he wins a Superbowl, there will be some that won't be happy about the trade. Stafford was amazing last night. How about his runs when there was open space and nobody open? QB sneak for a TD? How about a 154.5 passer rating? How about the Rams going to Tampa Bay facing the GOAT & defending Champs and the world will be watching with a legit chance to win? All for some first round picks that might as well be magic beans at this point. There are only 8 teams remaining in the quest. Enjoy the ride!
highest passer rating in rams playoff history

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I love these little veiled shots at Goff. Of course these "records" stand since they didnt make the playoffs for 12 seasons...
Alas... Stafford has now taken the Rams as far this season as they went last season, so the "worth it" meter is definitely headed in the right direction!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How valuable are first round picks to you? The last two picks we traded turned into K'lavon Chaisson and Travis Etienne.

I'm thinking Stafford is worth those guys, Goff and a few more picks.
How valuable are the 2 first round picks that we spent on Ramsey? Got to have 1st rounders to use them.
The way the Rams trade the picks, we dont know who they could have gotten with those picks, surely wouldnt have been those players.
That said, the meter is pointing up because even the staunchest Goff supporters (Of which I am surely one of) have to doubt he would have gotten the Rams this far, and played the near perfect game Stafford played yesterday.

Psycho_X

Legend
I love these little veiled shots at Goff. Of course these "records" stand since they didnt make the playoffs for 12 seasons...
Alas... Stafford has now taken the Rams as far this season as they went last season, so the "worth it" meter is definitely headed in the right direction!
It's going to be what you make it I suppose but don't think it's a veiled shot at Goff as much as it shows what Stafford was able to accomplish yesterday which hadn't been done in 22 years. Because Stafford does good doesn't mean it's a slight at Goff. But in a thread that is asking directly if Stafford was worth getting it seems a stat like that is worth pointing out.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Just curious why you think this is a veiled shot at anyone???

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was definitely against the trade when it happened, but I'll go on record now as saying that I'm happy they did it. This is not a shot at Goff in any way, who I still think is a talented QB and can do great things when surrounded with the right personnel - things that only a handful of QB's can do better. But Stafford is one of that handful of QB's who can do those things better, and has just made so many throws this year that Jared can't do even at his best. The TD throw to Beckham last night is one such throw, and there have been dozens of others this season.

I'll still root for Goff in Detroit and hope that Brad Holmes can turn things around and surround him with the kind of talent he needs to win. But I am happy the Rams are moving forward with Stafford.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious why you think this is a veiled shot at anyone???
Because only 1 guy played in a playoff game from Bulger to Stafford.
So yeah, its a shot
Whatevs, not needing any senseless debate, or negativity.
Staff is the man and he knocked that 0 playoff win Monkey off his back like Holly Holmes knocked out Rhonda Rousey

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was definitely against the trade when it happened, but I'll go on record now as saying that I'm happy they did it. This is not a shot at Goff in any way, who I still think is a talented QB and can do great things when surrounded with the right personnel - things that only a handful of QB's can do better. But Stafford is one of that handful of QB's who can do those things better, and has just made so many throws this year that Jared can't do even at his best. The TD throw to Beckham last night is one such throw, and there have been dozens of others this season.

I'll still root for Goff in Detroit and hope that Brad Holmes can turn things around and surround him with the kind of talent he needs to win. But I am happy the Rams are moving forward with Stafford.

Oh, and to add to my post above, I also want to note that after last night, we can finally say we have a running QB. Suck it, Lamar Jackson.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Because only 1 guy played in a playoff game from Bulger to Stafford.
So yeah, its a shot
Whatevs, not needing any senseless debate, or negativity.
Staff is the man and he knocked that 0 playoff win Monkey off his back like Holly Holmes knocked out Rhonda Rousey
Lolz, ok. Who was bringing a senseless debate or negativity?? Certainly not me!!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Anyone have a photo of Stafford doing that celebration he does where it looks like he's injecting himself or something like that?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed big time. He also had a nice play to OBj called back. He was on target all game and stay incredibly calm and composed, played real loose and it was evident.

Just to nit pick because of his position & cost.

1.He still misses throws
2.Doesn’t go through his first progressions well early.
3.predetermined his deep passes as well.
4.Takes to many big hits he doesn’t have to.
5.At times he try’s to do to much.

—It’s not all on him & his touch is excellent in the Red Zone.His 4th qrt. Track record is amazing.If he protects the ball & has that 4th qrt. Mind set he is almost as good as it gets.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Just to nit pick because of his position & cost.

1.He still misses throws
2.Doesn’t go through his first progressions well early.
3.predetermined his deep passes as well.
4.Takes to many big hits he doesn’t have to.
5.At times he try’s to do to much.

—It’s not all on him & his touch is excellent in the Red Zone.His 4th qrt. Track record is amazing.If he protects the ball & has that 4th qrt. Mind set he is almost as good as it gets.
1. Other than say, Rodgers or Tom Brady, a lot of NFL QBs miss throws. Just part of the game when you're a gun slinger.
2. I thought he went through progressions real well and fast.
3. I agree, I also think this is something McVay wants too.
4. Agreed. But how many times has he stood in, took a shot and completed an absolute dime? He's tough as nails and isn't afraid.
5. Once again, agreed. I think it's something he's working on getting better at. He's used to having to try to because of Detroit. I think another year as a Ram and he'll be better at it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He's one of the best safeties in football. But like almost every player, he has flaws. Imagine if a team took Cooper Kupp and asked him to almost entirely run deep routes. Imagine if a team took D.K. Metcalf and asked him to do what Cooper Kupp does. Smart coordinators understand their players' strengths and weaknesses. They design their schemes around playing to the strengths and masking the weaknesses.

Jamal Adams can be a gamewrecker if you used correctly. He's a force against the run, he's an elite blitzer, and he's quite good when used as a robber. He's also effective at covering tight ends. What Jamal Adams is not is a safety who can man up against WRs or excel in deep zone coverage. Play to his strengths, and you have an All Pro. There aren't a lot of guys in the NFL you can say that about.

As for the trade, it won't go down as one of the worst trades in recent years. People might make it out to be that because it hasn't panned out for Seattle in the way they expected. They thought they had a window and were going for a Super Bowl. Things fells apart. But Jamal Adams isn't the reason things didn't work out. He didn't screw things up there. Some people will scapegoat him, but the reality of what both Seattle and us do is that you look like geniuses trading those picks until the wheels come off.
What makes it a flawed trade is perception. It really feels, because of how Seattle used Adams, that they felt they were trading for the new Earl Thomas.

If that is what they thought, then the misevaluation of Adams skills was a colossal failure.

Adams is more of a strong safety with great speed. Is that worth two first round picks? Maybe for the right team that needs that role filled but in general SS is not usually a position that demands first round talent.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
1. Other than say, Rodgers or Tom Brady, a lot of NFL QBs miss throws. Just part of the game when you're a gun slinger.
2. I thought he went through progressions real well and fast.
3. I agree, I also think this is something McVay wants too.
4. Agreed. But how many times has he stood in, took a shot and completed an absolute dime? He's tough as nails and isn't afraid.
5. Once again, agreed. I think it's something he's working on getting better at. He's used to having to try to because of Detroit. I think another year as a Ram and he'll be better at it.

I’ll answer the last part first.

I HATE the wait till next year talk all of a sudden.That is the future & who really knows.

I also hate the saying of The Rams are all in as well.This team is built for the future & your point from above is well taken that Matthew Stafford should be better next season. Then again I could go on about changes to say O’Connell?? Who knows once again. The Rams 2020 draft though imo could be The Best by Les Snead in 3 years. That is saying a lot.

What happened in Detroit stays in Detroit. He had one of his best season of his excellent career as a Ram.

Mcvay love Stafford & trust him. This Rams team is stacked around him.Fans want to blame Morris which I always have to add because it is a team game.

The good thing was watching Cam Akers breakout.He ran 7 wild cat plays his last playoff game showing what a stud he is. It was basically 10 on 11 with Goff as a WR(broken hand). Sony is such a hard runner as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.