Stafford and those 2 first-rounders - worth it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Who cares what anybody said one year ago in the heat of the moment.

I can 100% guarantee everybody is happy now.

TexasRam

Legend
Hey all,

First off. My 16 year old sons mom got in a serious car accident and at this moment is still in critical condition. I had to take some time to deal with that and be with my son the last few days but wanted to come back here to give Props to Stafford for the incredible job he did.

It's fair to say Stafford wasn't perfect in the Super Bowl.. He wasn't an MVP. But he was dam good and good enough. In the most important drive of the season he was amazing and certainly justified Mcvay's faith in him by helping us get that Lombardi. He was also excellent early on until the OBJ injury. So could have had an MVP time game. Adjusting to an injury like that was very difficult, especially with Higs already down. Jefferson and Skow certainly didn't help Stafford.

I think it's also fair to mention that Mcvay was smart enough to realize this Rams team needed help to get that Lombardi. After the Stafford trade, as the season went along, Mcvay realized we had to double down with even more draft picks and acquisitions. Von Miller, OBJ, Weddle, Sony etc. Once we kept doubling down I was completely on board and said as much. My reasoning was The Donald window isn't forever and now was the time to get it done. Von Miller in particular was critical in this playoff run. We could not have done this without him. So the doubling down was the right move.

Not only was I was wrong on Stafford's ability to play his best in the biggest games, I was also wrong on Brian Allen and the Oline. We had the #1 pass protecting line in the NFL, which was also due to the addition of Carberry in my book. We did have Kupp this time around in the big game who was simply unstoppable and certainly MVP worthy. Alot could be said about that but I don't want to detract from Stafford's clutch performance. Stafford did some amazing work to get Kupp the ball in tight coverage when it mattered most. The no look pass for the big gainer was simply legendary by Stafford. The poise by Stafford was incredible and I admittedly doubted he could do that. We could talk about the Tartt interception drop and several other things but shit happens and so what. Stafford came through in the end.

The debate will rage on for years - as it already is - regarding selling multiple years of premium draft picks for a Lombardi.

WE GOT A LOMBARDI and those things are VERY hard to get - so screw it. F them picks! WE ARE CHAMPS!!

I couldn't be more excited for our Rams. Mcvay, Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Miller, OBJ. Every last one.

I'm ecstatic about our Super Bowl win. No offense to anyone but I plan to focus my posts for the next couple weeks on our world championship and the tragedy my son is facing. So I'll take a break from this thread for a while. Peace brothers!

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Now that the dust has settled and the Lions are getting the 32nd pick overall, there are a few fans who are pretty sad with getting fleeced in this trade. Brad Holmes has a bit of pressure with this draft but he’s savvy - 32 isn’t too bad!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Stafford was well worth it. A few picks for a Lombardi trophy. Anyone would look back and do it,

Plus on the bright side, we have a relatively young team and a very young coach. I hope the Rams are the dynasty of the 2020's and beyond.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Nope. Stafford is not worth two first round draft picks. When you’re the legendary QB to take over games and win the SB, Stafford is not in that class yet. He’s better than Goff. But he’s not the answer for the Rams.
This really did not age well. And it's only one month old.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hey all,

First off. My 16 year old sons mom got in a serious car accident and at this moment is still in critical condition. I had to take some time to deal with that and be with my son the last few days but wanted to come back here to give Props to Stafford for the incredible job he did.

It's fair to say Stafford wasn't perfect in the Super Bowl.. He wasn't an MVP. But he was dam good and good enough. In the most important drive of the season he was amazing and certainly justified Mcvay's faith in him by helping us get that Lombardi. He was also excellent early on until the OBJ injury. So could have had an MVP time game. Adjusting to an injury like that was very difficult, especially with Higs already down. Jefferson and Skow certainly didn't help Stafford.

I think it's also fair to mention that Mcvay was smart enough to realize this Rams team needed help to get that Lombardi. After the Stafford trade, as the season went along, Mcvay realized we had to double down with even more draft picks and acquisitions. Von Miller, OBJ, Weddle, Sony etc. Once we kept doubling down I was completely on board and said as much. My reasoning was The Donald window isn't forever and now was the time to get it done. Von Miller in particular was critical in this playoff run. We could not have done this without him. So the doubling down was the right move.

Not only was I was wrong on Stafford's ability to play his best in the biggest games, I was also wrong on Brian Allen and the Oline. We had the #1 pass protecting line in the NFL, which was also due to the addition of Carberry in my book. We did have Kupp this time around in the big game who was simply unstoppable and certainly MVP worthy. Alot could be said about that but I don't want to detract from Stafford's clutch performance. Stafford did some amazing work to get Kupp the ball in tight coverage when it mattered most. The no look pass for the big gainer was simply legendary by Stafford. The poise by Stafford was incredible and I admittedly doubted he could do that. We could talk about the Tartt interception drop and several other things but shit happens and so what. Stafford came through in the end.

The debate will rage on for years - as it already is - regarding selling multiple years of premium draft picks for a Lombardi.

WE GOT A LOMBARDI and those things are VERY hard to get - so screw it. F them picks! WE ARE CHAMPS!!

I couldn't be more excited for our Rams. Mcvay, Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Miller, OBJ. Every last one.

I'm ecstatic about our Super Bowl win. No offense to anyone but I plan to focus my posts for the next couple weeks on our world championship and the tragedy my son is facing. So I'll take a break from this thread for a while. Peace brothers!
TexasRam,
Will say some prayers for your son's mother. Looking forward to hearing a great report concerning her recovery and health.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Trading for Stafford was still cheaper than trading up for Goff - if you ignore the rookie contract part. We got a better player out of it too.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Oof I can't yet.

It's not about me being right - it's about how wrong so many people were on this site.

Again, if there's already a crow thread that I haven't seen, or I guess if I have time I'll dig through this thread - but I need to see that. People argued too strongly against it and it's an accountability thing to me.

I dunno who you still need it from but I was on the fence when the move was first made. I already knew that Stafford was a better QB than Goff but his age and injuries bothered me and I wasn't convinced we would have the kind of O-line necessary to ensure he stayed upright long enough to take us farther than the guy we had could with an improved o-line.

By the time training camp started, I was on board. I learned more about him, watched more and I recognized I was wrong a long time ago and have said as much several times but that's old news imo. I'll be a cheerleader for Staffords greatness forever.

Good thing Carberry and Allen and the starters from last season were such an improvement. Without that surprise nobody saw coming, who knows how this would've played out.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If he is worth it now, technically he has always been worth it. You are compelled to believe it now.

“Technically”?
Value can always be reassessed at a given time and can be subject to “conditions.”

The Miller trade is another example.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah... This thread is done. It seems to be just one big "I told you so" or "look how wrong you were" thread. And clearly, there is no need for all the rehashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.