Ramsey vs Rapp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Ramsey just needs to use his words not his hands.

I think what he was trying to say was “ I thought I told you to keep your ass on the bench bitch”.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t have a problem with two highly competitive world class athletes getting heated at each other.

I have a problem with the leader of our secondary and one of the team leaders striking a lesser player in the middle of the field on national television. As a leader that is not how you get your guys focused or to play better it’s just the opposite. Jalen shouldn’t have done it period

RibRam

UDFA
Gotta love that stare that AD is giving Ramsey when the video above freezes at the end.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
It happened right in front of us. They were arguing about something the play before. It looked like one or the other was out of position before the snap. Then Rapp was still jawing after the play , and Ramsey slapped him.
AD got in both their faces on the sideline. Not a good look.
I don’t suppose you were wearing a Kupp #10 Blue Jersey?
10-15 Rows up behind the Rams bench, whomever was got some air time in the 4th

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don’t have a problem with two highly competitive world class athletes getting heated at each other.

I have a problem with the leader of our secondary and one of the team leaders striking a lesser player in the middle of the field on national television. As a leader that is not how you get your guys focused or to play better it’s just the opposite. Jalen shouldn’t have done it period
It happened pretty early in the game and the defense held them to 3 field goals. Seems like it worked to me. Sometimes people need their attention grabbed before they can really start listening to your words. Not very often, but once in 2 years isn't very often. There are absolutely better *long term* ways to handle whatever issue they had. I bet that if Ramsey has used some of those starting last year this wouldn't have happened. But in the moment, sometimes people need to be abruptly taken off track so they can disengage from whatever they were thinking and doing. And again, it worked so saying it doesn't focus them or get them playing better is ignoring what actually happened.

All that being said, he really shouldn't do it again and McVay needs to send Ramsey to some leadership classes so he can figure out how to stop this problem last month instead of slapping a dude in game.

Ram65

Legend
If you call that a punch, i dont know what to tell you. Unless you assume what the announcers say is gospel.
That's why I posted the tweet video to show it was more of an open had face mask push.

Announcer calling it a punch.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looked like we had a good turnout for the game today, could hear you guys getting loud late in the game
Ram fans were everywhere. Quite a nice surprise compared to other years. Definitely generated a lot of noise

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
I heard Donald told Ramsey in the huddle that Rapp tapped his girlfriend the night before. Bros before hoes, Rammers.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It happened pretty early in the game and the defense held them to 3 field goals. Seems like it worked to me. And again, it worked so saying it doesn't focus them or get them playing better is ignoring what actually happened.
It worked? Are you suggesting that Ramsey striking Rapp was the catalyst to the Rams defense playing well?

Not a big fan of Ramsey at the moment. Between his un-professionalism (attack of Rapp), missed assignment (see long pass to TE Andrews that lead to first FG), and lack of effort (long run by Freeman resulting in FG), he may cost the Rams a win going forward. He needs to play more consistently and show some leadership instead of acting like a teenager on the field.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Ramsey being in the "star" position and being moved around is not because Morris wants to...but because Ramsey has complained that he gets bored locking down players and wants to be more involved. So we allow Darius to take on assignments he should never even sniff because Ramsey is bored...

Any player that would swing at a teammate in the middle of a huddle is no leader in my eyes. I don't care what people say about him.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me
No, I would suggest a brisk love tap to the face mask (or under) definitely fires one up more, aw hell, I’m getting too old, I remember in HS I screwed up, our Defensive Captian came over grabbed my 70s era face mask and butted heads with me, lol, that definitely got my attention
we had a coach who would wind up and hit you in the helmet with his whistle.

It would make your ears ring.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Well 2 things...
If you watch the play before Ramsey is clearly looking back at rapp with his hands up and trying to tell him something. Obviously rapp wasn't lined up correctly. I'm gonna bet my money rapp was out of position.
Second, he didn't punch him in the face. It clearly shows he pushed him on the facemask.
Not that this is an acceptable move by Ramsey but let's not blow this up bigger than it needs to be. Teammates fight sometimes. They'll be fine.

JustMe

Rookie
Name
Just Me

It’s football, not baseball, basketball or freaking tiddly winks

And it’s also 2022, the wussifcation of America has been going on for 20 years now

I should probably duck but what the hell, fuck it, it’s true”

I personally didn’t have an issue with what he did.

the delivery of the message might have been unconventional but I am sure rapp got the message.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
So, please... enlighten me... when is it acceptable to slap a teammate in the face in the middle of the field in the middle of a game?
He slapped in the helmet, big deal, maybe it’ll wake him the fuck up. I sure hope Rapp’s feelings weren’t hurt too bad, because if they were he’s too big of a pussy to be starting for us anyway.
As far as any fans getting their panties twisted over this it’s probably just a sign of the times.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I will say it's my job to notice things for a living from mannerisms body language habits temperament etc. And more so this year than ever maybe last year too I do see and feel sometimes certain players view MCvay as a buddy or even a nuisance he does seem like he tries to be buddy buddy and fit in sometimes more than a coach. I was/am annoyed with Ramsey and how that went down he is elite but on a team he isn't above anyone you don't do that shit you either lead from your greatness or STFU. Having said that it's still two grown ass men and hopefully it gets squashed what bothered me more and even throughout the season is how certain players refer to MCvay as "Sean" not coach and that to me is a no no. So getting to my main point I know it's rt after a terrible play but MCvay trying to talk to Stafford and him kind of disregarding him blowing him off bothered me and he calls him Sean all the time. This isn't effing Cabo and he isn't your pal he is your coach your boss so act like it.

As far as MCvay I know he helps create stuff like that but you got to get the troops in order I know it's new generation but I hear all the young dudes refer to him as coach AD does Von Obj Coop etc. Don't know just annoys me. And no I'm not the get off my land old dude I'm 46 I just don't see players walking around calling coaches by their 1st name even if it's just for respect do it your also not above anyone.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The fact that this is even a threa
He slapped in the helmet, big deal, maybe it’ll wake him the fuck up. I sure hope Rapp’s feelings weren’t hurt too bad, because if they were he’s too big of a pussy to be starting for us anyway.
As far as any fans getting their panties twisted over this it’s probably just a sign of the times.
There have been more than one of these responses... suggesting there's some kind of "toughness" deficit for thinking what Ramsey did was wrong and that "feelings" have something to do with it.

Nope... real men on a team take care of shit like that the right way... they don't throw hissy fits on the field and slap teammates.

Take your "real men" nonsense somewhere else... because real men ain't drama queens.