Ramsey vs Rapp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm actually considering a subscription just to read that very article.

If you commit to listen to the 11 personnel podcast, and it's your cup of tea, it's totally worth the subscription.

I follow sports teams from other leagues plus our rivals to see what's going on with them, and while I like Jourdan a lot, I think she puts out less content than some other reporters.

The Ramsey piece is solid gold. Only other thing I really get from it for the Rams during the season is the podcast and then her article after each game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you commit to listen to the 11 personnel podcast, and it's your cup of tea, it's totally worth the subscription.

I follow sports teams from other leagues plus our rivals to see what's going on with them, and while I like Jourdan a lot, I think she puts out less content than some other reporters.

The Ramsey piece is solid gold. Only other thing I really get from it for the Rams during the season is the podcast and then her article after each game.
I more like reading articles over podcasts. I rarely have the time or inclination to listen to talk. I might still, as I hear it is quite good. Thanks for the suggestion. Cheers!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Being a sports nut there's 4 or 5 podcast's I'm a regular for one of which is of course 11 personnel.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I don't think Reeder is bad btw. I think he's an almost-starter.
His instincts are terrible and his tackling is worse. He does make big plays from time to time.
But the last time I checked he has (despite missing playing time when Jones was starting)
the 5th highest rate of missed tackles of all LB'S in the league. He continually allows blockers to
get into his body. @ 6'3" he has very short arms. 4" shorter than the 6'1" Jones
In my mind he is a 3rd string LB and maybe a ST starter.

If he starts against niners it will be a huge game for him. Shanny targeted reeder in the last game
Shanny loves exposing LB's who can't cover. No reason to believe it won't happen again.

I have nothing against reeder If he shows out and plays well against 9er's I will be the first to
congratulate him. I want him to play well, he just hasn't done it very often

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
your obsession with showing how bad a guy is
I have no obsession. I made a comment on his play and you have turned it into an obsession of being butt hurt
because someone pointed out a bad play. that's all I was doing
Team game, dude.. your obsession with showing how bad a guy is... even when a play isn't his fault.. is funny.

My defense is pretty simple.. it's an RPO and Reeder is obviously tasked with mirroring Huntley on that.
Your defense is completely wrong as others have pointed out.
He not only was not mirroring Huntley he was not even looking at Huntley.
he locked on to the motion guy, which is not how it's supposed to be done.
even if he had coverage responsibilities on the motion.

You said you went back and looked and figured out that reeder was supposed to spy the QB and
There in lies the biggest problem. The truth is You couldn't tell the difference between spying or
short zone if your life depended on it. And the more you type the more obvious that becomes.
I can tell by the way you debate, that you really don't understand what you're
seeing or talking about. Just a armchair looking to start a argument.

The reason I said it wasn't 100% his fault is because Robinson may have been able to
play it better as well, unless he had a pinch called.
that being said 95% of all NFL inside or middle linebackers would have made that play or at least
be close to the ball.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have no obsession. I made a comment on his play and you have turned it into an obsession of being butt hurt
because someone pointed out a bad play. that's all I was doing

Your defense is completely wrong as others have pointed out.
He not only was not mirroring Huntley he was not even looking at Huntley.
he locked on to the motion guy, which is not how it's supposed to be done.
even if he had coverage responsibilities on the motion.

You said you went back and looked and figured out that reeder was supposed to spy the QB and
There in lies the biggest problem. The truth is You couldn't tell the difference between spying or
short zone if your life depended on it. And the more you type the more obvious that becomes.
I can tell by the way you debate, that you really don't understand what you're
seeing or talking about. Just a armchair looking to start a argument.

The reason I said it wasn't 100% his fault is because Robinson may have been able to
play it better as well, unless he had a pinch called.
that being said 95% of all NFL inside or middle linebackers would have made that play or at least
be close to the ball.
Others can be wrong as well.
Because.. again.. watching from the reverse angle.. which shows where Reeder is looking.. he's 100% focused on Huntley. He does not key on the jet.

You can attack me all you want.. if you look at the reverse angle.. which you have not posted.. Reeder is 100% focused on Huntley. He's screened out on the ball exchange and he has no reaction to the jet.

You previously said Copeland was screened.. that's either a lie, or you simply aren't looking at the video.
Here's a link.. the reverse angle replay starts at 20 seconds. It's irrefutable. Reeder is screened out and Copeland has a direct line of sight on the handoff.

I'll say again, happily... you're wrong.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Because.. again.. watching from the reverse angle.. which shows where Reeder is looking.. he's 100% focused on Huntley. He does not key on the jet.

You can attack me all you want.. if you look at the reverse angle.. which you have not posted.. Reeder is 100% focused on Huntley. He's screened out on the ball exchange and he has no reaction to the jet.

You previously said Copeland was screened.. that's either a lie, or you simply aren't looking at the video.
Here's a link.. the reverse angle replay starts at 20 seconds. It's irrefutable. Reeder is screened out and Copeland has a direct line of sight on the handoff.

Yes of course everyone else is wrong and you are right. :laugh4:
Not gonna argue with you any more, because it's quite clear you are
unqualified to talk football on any level past the score.:explode1:
The whole board could tell you shit stunk and you would still say it doesn't.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yes of course everyone else is wrong and you are right. :laugh4:
Not gonna argue with you any more, because it's quite clear you are
unqualified to talk football on any level past the score.:explode1:
The whole board could tell you shit stunk and you would still say it doesn't.
Look. At. The. Video.

There's plenty on here that listen and learn from. I forget.. is it you who describe the Rams as a hybrid 4-3 of a hybrid 3-4? I totally watched the front from that perspective and like to learn from the very smart posters on here.

It doesn't change what actually happens on tape. And I've provided a link with the reverse angle for you to look at.

You haven't responded once to the fact that you either made something up about Copeland being screened... or you only saw from one angle and couldn't see clearly.. which would explain why you don't understand what happened with Reeder on that play.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

@Kupped ... I agree with you. The video angle from behind the QB clearly shows Reeder is completely UN-able to see where the ball went for a split second. If Reeder's job was to follow Huntley then he did EXACTLY that, until he was able to literally see that Huntley did not have the ball. He played his role perfectly, if his role was to shadow Huntley on the keeper.

PS- It's horribly sad though to watch what Rapp does on that play after it's extremely obvious the RB has the ball and is running to the left. Rapp literally runs the opposite direction, to a place where there are only 2 WR and already 2 DBs on them. THAT was extremely poor reaction to what he's seeing with his eyes.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
@Kupped ... I agree with you. The video angle from behind the QB clearly shows Reeder is completely UN-able to see where the ball went for a split second. If Reeder's job was to follow Huntley then he did EXACTLY that, until he was able to literally see that Huntley did not have the ball. He played his role perfectly, if his role was to shadow Huntley on the keeper.
Thanks.