Ramsey vs Rapp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
By all means judge away without any info, free country.
There is NO excusing hitting your own teammate while on the field and the other team is driving. Like zero.

Even on the sidelines it’s bad. But to do it on the field and I think it was 0-0 still. Like wth?!?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When that player has been coached ad nauseum and then the coach says, " Jalen" your going to have to help him in game too. Because he's still brain farting. So that player ( Rapp) continues to not get it in game coaching from Jalen or others and talks back when he f's up again and has shitty attitude and is costing the team... that's when.
I guess that is a possibility. I’ve never been a big Rapp.

If he’s making mistakes regularly I understand frustrations. Especially if he talked back. It’s still best handled off the field imo.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It happened right in front of us. They were arguing about something the play before. It looked like one or the other was out of position before the snap. Then Rapp was still jawing after the play , and Ramsey slapped him.
AD got in both their faces on the sideline. Not a good look.

RamWoodie

Legend
Face it folks...we may never know what this was about...but that should never happen on the field!!! It only added more adversity to the game where nothing was going right for the Rams most of the game.

The great thing is the Rams got the win. Get Ramsey and Rapp face to face later in the week and clear it up!!!

Ram65

Legend
Ramsey has to control his emotions. I understand that's a part of his game. He can't be punching teammates in the middle of the field during a game. Same as talking too much and getting taunting penalties including chippy plays. I hope they get it straightened out for the rest of the season.

I would like to know exactly what started it but, I highly doubt we ever find out.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For everybody jumping on Ramsey go ahead and listen to McVay post game. If it was something he thought needed discipline he'd say they'll address it in locker/house and move on but he like most people you'd think would shrugs it off says it wasn't a big deal they're brothers they moved on and no problem.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
In McVay's post-game presser...
we got Mr Diplomat explaining it away as boys will be boys, basically...

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off, it wasn't a punch, and you guys need to quit calling it that. Second off, it wasn't to the face, it was to the face mask. Agree it shouldn't happen, but I saw worse this week in the NFL. Hated to see it, and interested in what lead up to it, but I am not super worried about it. And let me just say "BullShit" to whoever said that only the coaches are supposed to coach. If you truly believe that, I have to think you never played a team sport.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Wish we could see the whole clip. Looks like Rapp was running his mouth too.

I do feel bad for Rapp, it seems like he's the outcast.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
It happened right in front of us. They were arguing about something the play before. It looked like one or the other was out of position before the snap. Then Rapp was still jawing after the play , and Ramsey slapped him.
AD got in both their faces on the sideline. Not a good look.
Looked like we had a good turnout for the game today, could hear you guys getting loud late in the game

SAK11

Rookie
For everybody jumping on Ramsey go ahead and listen to McVay post game. If it was something he thought needed discipline he'd say they'll address it in locker/house and move on but he like most people you'd think would shrugs it off says it wasn't a big deal they're brothers they moved on and no problem.

McVay never gives the media much. We've had awkward situations involving the likes of Gurley, Goff and DJax in recent years and McVay always manages to downplay any awkwardness/frustration. Not saying this is a massive deal, just that McVay shrugging it off doesn't tell us much. Who knows what will be said behind closed doors. I personally think Ramsey needs to be a better leader than that, though.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay never gives the media much. We've had awkward situations involving the likes of Gurley, Goff and DJax in recent years and McVay always manages to downplay any awkwardness/frustration. Not saying this is a massive deal, just that McVay shrugging it off doesn't tell us much. Who knows what will be said behind closed doors. I personally think Ramsey needs to be a better leader than that, though.
And yet we've heard him before where he thinks something needs to be addressed say they'll handle it in house. McVay answering the way he did should tell us everything we need to know having had this guy as our coach for a few years now. He didn't here which tends to make one think that he honestly doesn't think it's a big deal. I'm absolutely sure he'll talk with Jalen and tell him there's a better way to handle that and being a vet and a leader he should have. But the drama being created in this thread is comical. McVay answering the way he did should tell us everything we need to know having had this guy as our coach for a few years now.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO Ramsey still has maturity issues. I suspect Rapp has assignment issues. Bad combo.

Luckily the Rams always handle their business in house and don't support a culture that allows the players to play out their drama in the media. I feel like this culture is one of the reasons that the media doesn't latch onto the Rams as much as other organizations.
No one walked off the field today after taking off their jersey. Just saying this isn’t an AB type issue. I 100% agree with your take.