Ramsey vs Rapp?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Jalen Ramsey is a punk. He’s a good player. But not all that great. Ramsey did get burned a few times today and tried to pin the blame on Rapp.

This is also on Morris. The players execute their assignment given. And if the plays were executed as drawn and the opponent still get a 1st down or TD, then the blame is on the coach.

No player is greater than the team or his teammates.

McVay should have both players settled their differences in the locker room and see who comes out on top and stop with the diplomatic BS.

Rapp and Ramsey had their issues since Ramsey arrived in 2019 and the loss in the Niner game was a tell-tale sign that Ramsey did not personally like Rapp.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
The fact that this is even a threa

There have been more than one of these responses... suggesting there's some kind of "toughness" deficit for thinking what Ramsey did was wrong and that "feelings" have something to do with it.

Nope... real men on a team take care of shit like that the right way... they don't throw hissy fits on the field and slap teammates.

Take your "real men" nonsense somewhere else... because real men ain't drama queens.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Just ain’t that big of a deal and I’m sure you’ll hear the players saying the same thing. Someone got mad, shit happens. If it’s anything bigger than that to anybody, then you have a problem.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Idk what lead to that and it really doesn't matter Ramsey as a defensive leader and one of this teams best players m should never react that way. Mcvay should send a clear message by suspending him 1 game which would cost him 1 game check. Shit like that shouldn't be tolerated no matter who the player is. But we all know that won't happen.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Just ain’t that big of a deal and I’m sure you’ll hear the players saying the same thing. Someone got mad, shit happens. If it’s anything bigger than that to anybody, then you have a problem.
Saying something was flat-out wrong doesn't make it a "big deal."

I don't see anyone on here demanding Ramsey be benched or cut.. we're saying what he did was bullshit and that you don't ever do that to a teammate on the field like that. Period.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Idk what lead to that and it really doesn't matter Ramsey as a defensive leader and one of this teams best players m should never react that way. Mcvay should send a clear message by suspending him 1 game which would cost him 1 game check. Shit like that shouldn't be tolerated no matter who the player is. But we all know that won't happen.
Whoops on my part, lol.

No, I wouldn't suspend Ramsey. But there would definitely be accountability measures within the team environment.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It worked? Are you suggesting that Ramsey striking Rapp was the catalyst to the Rams defense playing well?
I'm suggesting they probably weren't going to do better than only allowing 3 field goals (4? People keep saying 3, but they had 19 points which is a pick 6 and 4 FGs). It's not like it hurt. This game anyway. I wasn't able to watch the game but maybe Rapp pulled his head out of his butt after that and played better? Or maybe he played the same and it didn't have an effect. Are you suggesting that the slap caused him to play worse and the defense would have given up less than a handful of field goals?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm suggesting they probably weren't going to do better than only allowing 3 field goals (4? People keep saying 3, but they had 19 points which is a pick 6 and 4 FGs). It's not like it hurt. This game anyway. I wasn't able to watch the game but maybe Rapp pulled his head out of his butt after that and played better? Or maybe he played the same and it didn't have an effect. Are you suggesting that the slap caused him to play worse and the defense would have given up less than a handful of field goals?
Ramsey didn't have a particularly good game at all.

Maybe slapping Rapp and realizing how dumb that was distracted *him*.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Ramsey didn't have a particularly good game at all.

Maybe slapping Rapp and realizing how dumb that was distracted *him*.
Also very possible. I've had those moments (not slapping someone) and really been affected as a leader because I knew I fucked up. I tend heavily towards a lack of self confidence, so that's an easy cliff for me to fall off though. But it could happen to Ramsey too.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Jalen Ramsey is a punk. He’s a good player. But not all that great. Ramsey did get burned a few times today and tried to pin the blame on Rapp.

This is also on Morris. The players execute their assignment given. And if the plays were executed as drawn and the opponent still get a 1st down or TD, then the blame is on the coach.

No player is greater than the team or his teammates.

McVay should have both players settled their differences in the locker room and see who comes out on top and stop with the diplomatic BS.

Rapp and Ramsey had their issues since Ramsey arrived in 2019 and the loss in the Niner game was a tell-tale sign that Ramsey did not personally like Rapp.

"Diplomatic bullshit" is perfect

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

I agree we don't see AD slapping anyone we saw a real man in AD crying like a baby last year in Green Bay that is a leader that is a man that embodies greatness and the Rams!!! That's why he is a favourite of mine and I'm sure countless others.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Ramsey was out of line. But I wouldn't trade/ bench him for it. Besides they will work it out. Anyone who's ever been on a serious team has probably been a part of something similar or seen it. Only difference is the cameras. This stuff usually blows over.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever happens shouldn't be announced to the public.

At my work I constantly have a woman that reports to me complaining that there are never any ramifications for others on the team if they do something wrong. I have to keep telling her that there are ramifications, even if she doesn't see them. It's not her job to be tracking that shit and no manager of people that is worth anything will flog their employees in public for a mistake. That shit happens behind closed doors.

So, if there are ramifications, it's none of our fucking business. I don't think this is a big deal, but guess what ... It doesn't matter what I think. I'll trust the head coach with the 12-4 record - and a winning season every year he's coached - to know how to best manage his team.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Whatever happens shouldn't be announced to the public.

At my work I constantly have a woman that reports to me complaining that there are never any ramifications for others on the team if they do something wrong. I have to keep telling her that there are ramifications, even if she doesn't see them. It's not her job to be tracking that shit and no manager of people that is worth anything will flog their employees in public for a mistake. That shit happens behind closed doors.

So, if there are ramifications, it's none of our fucking business. I don't think this is a big deal, but guess what ... It doesn't matter what I think. I'll trust the head coach with the 12-4 record - and a winning season every year he's coached - to know how to best manage his team.
Agreed.
Because shit like that belongs behind closed doors.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The most important issue with this right now is how it plays out in the future.

Psycho_X

Legend
and AD finishes off the winner
AD gave a look on the field after it happened and that's all that it takes to finish it.

1641174398678.png

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
sone people really out gere debating if it was a closed fist punch or a open hand slap. Dawg, it don’t matter, don’t aggressively strike a team mate like that. Maybe Rapp did something or said something worse, but it still don’t make it ok to strike a teammate. That shits clownish

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm sure Ramsey is gonna get a talking to on this. It was a hard shove to the face, pretty hostile move, someone does that to me in my mind you took a swing and go from there. I don't think it's a big deal, but it does show that he doesn't like Rapp. There is something there with those two.

And again if push comes to shove Rapp is gone or sits. Because he's least important to the team in this equation. It may come down to a him or me type deal. Would not surprise me.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No I’m suggesting what Ramsey did was poor leadership which is what I said.

Where are you getting anything about the defense giving up more field goals? The only noticeable impact the slap had was on the sideline where Rapp removed himself from his own position group after it happened.

You said “it worked” implying that it had some cause/effect on the defense playing well. I didn’t say anything other than that is not behavior a leader should exhibit nor is it how one should lead the lesser guys on the team by embarrassing them on national tv. Nowhere did I say it made the Rams D play worse the only suggestion of that nature came from you implying it made them better I.e “worked”.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If I’m hitting a guy with a football helmet on, I’m using an open hand slap. Certainly not using a closed fist to hit a helmet.