Rams Offensive Line 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Top 9, IMO;
Whitworth
Edwards
Corbett
Evans
Havenstein
Noteboom
Anchrum
Brewer
Alaric Jackson

The rest in order;
Shelton
Allen
Max Pircher
Demby
Jordan Meredith

Question about Max Pircher - does he have a automatic spot because of a Euro Exchange?

I’m going to say Brian Allen is FOCUSED & ready to roll!! Dude looks Yolked & Thick. He is going to give Austin Corbett a Run for his Money.

My question would be who is The Rams backup Center if Austin Corbett starts there ? —Add I agree with 9. The Rams might go with 8 ?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Question about Max Pircher - does he have a automatic spot because of a Euro Exchange?

I’m going to say Brian Allen is FOCUSED & ready to roll!! Dude looks Yolked & Thick. He is going to give Austin Corbett a Run for his Money.

My question would be who is The Rams backup Center if Austin Corbett starts there ? —Add I agree with 9. The Rams might go with 8 ?
If Allen beats out Corbett then I think we're in an IDEAL position at Center.
(But it would surprise me.)
It would be great though because that means we have Corbett at Guard and Allen transformed into a teetotal STUD.

I would start working early on transforming Anchrum into a center/guard.

I think Alaric Jackson could also be turned into a third-string game-day active type in case of injury up front.

But both Anchrum and Jackson are going to need some extra work to catch up with Noteboom and Shelton/ Brewer for that 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th spot.

Pircher gets the extra spot on the practice squad.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess my 8

Brian Allen
Austin Corbett — pick the starter ?

Whitworth LT
David Edwards LG
Joesph Noteboom (swing)

Rob Havienstien RT
Bobby Evans RG
Tre. Anchrum (swing)

Brian Allen will only play Center.Either start or back up.
Corbett can rotate from Center to guard, or guard to Center

Chandler Brewer is the wild card.Might be tough for him to make the squad.He will get a lot of Preseason Reps,which could earn him a spot ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If Allen beats out Corbett then I think we're in an IDEAL position at Center.
(But it would surprise me.)
It would be great though because that means we have Corbett at Guard and Allen transformed into a teetotal STUD.

I would start working early on transforming Anchrum into a center/guard.

I think Alaric Jackson could also be turned into a third-string game-day active type in case of injury up front.

But both Anchrum and Jackson are going to need some extra work to catch up with Noteboom and Shelton/ Brewer for that 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th spot.

Pircher gets the extra spot on the practice squad.

Yep - so there you have it. Corbett being able to handle the starting Center spot will make The Rams more stout. I like Bobby Evans playing next to Big Rob.His range on range is good.The 2 of them will open up some big holes.If Havienstien can cheat of knowing Evans will help inside will Secure the Edge.Big Rob & his long arms will also allow Matthew Stafford to step up roll out & even back up to keep a few extra plays alive.I think having a QB with a good feel for the pocket is going to make a big difference.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Top 9, IMO;
Whitworth
Edwards
Corbett
Evans
Havenstein
Noteboom
Anchrum
Brewer
Alaric Jackson

The rest in order;
Shelton
Allen
Max Pircher
Demby
Jordan Meredith
Mostly agree but I believe Allen makes the top nine if for no other reason than you need someone who can step in at center if Corbett goes down.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Mostly agree but I believe Allen makes the top nine if for no other reason than you need someone who can step in at center if Corbett goes down.
The problem with Allen being a game-day active is that he plays center only.

But if a guard was injured they could slide Corbett over and put Allen in.

The ideal situation would be to train Anchrum as a center/guard.

That gives you more flexibility on game day.

Plus I was so underwhelmed by Allen's play when he started that I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Let's hope I'm wrong on that and Brian Allen has transformed into a stud Center.

The deeper and talented the better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The problem with Allen being a game-day active is that he plays center only.

But if a guard was injured they could slide Corbett over and put Allen in.

The ideal situation would be to train Anchrum as a center/guard.

That gives you more flexibility on game day.

Plus I was so underwhelmed by Allen's play when he started that I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

Let's hope I'm wrong on that and Brian Allen has transformed into a stud Center.

The deeper and talented the better.

Both Allen & Corbett are Free Agents at the end of the season.So I’ll try to stay on point & say Austin Corbett needs to be resigned.If not them who ?'

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Both Allen & Corbett are Free Agents at the end of the season.So I’ll try to stay on point & say Austin Corbett needs to be resigned.If not them who ?'
I'm not surprised that they didn't DRAFT any offensive line but I am surprised, (more like scared and nervous) that they didn't RE-SIGN any offensive lineman.

I feel most comfortable when at least three or four of those starting offensive linemen are locked up for a couple years contract wise.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

If he's on the practice squad? Yes, he does have an extra spot, and to my knowledge, he can't be poached by another team this year, since he never graduated from a North American college and that's part of the Euro Exchange.

Pircher's an interesting kid from Italy; 6'7", 300 lbs., and with his frame, he could probably pack on at least twenty more pounds without losing his athleticism. Definitely someone to keep an eye on in the future with Noteboom likely leaving after this year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I hope they can coach up Evans on his pass pro, because he's a mauler in the run game and I'd love to see him start mainly for that reason. If he's not a liability (or better yet, is an asset) in pass pro, that would really help this team.

dang

Legend
I guess my 8

Brian Allen
Austin Corbett — pick the starter ?

Whitworth LT
David Edwards LG
Joesph Noteboom (swing)

Rob Havienstien RT
Bobby Evans RG
Tre. Anchrum (swing)

Brian Allen will only play Center.Either start or back up.
Corbett can rotate from Center to guard, or guard to Center

Chandler Brewer is the wild card.Might be tough for him to make the squad.He will get a lot of Preseason Reps,which could earn him a spot ?
I see 9 maybe 10 OL making the 53 man roster. I would think the Rams would not want to lose any of the following:
Whit
Edwards
Corbett
Evans
Hav
Note
Anchrum
Brewer
Allen
Jackson

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If he's on the practice squad? Yes, he does have an extra spot, and to my knowledge, he can't be poached by another team this year, since he never graduated from a North American college and that's part of the Euro Exchange.

Pircher's an interesting kid from Italy; 6'7", 300 lbs., and with his frame, he could probably pack on at least twenty more pounds without losing his athleticism. Definitely someone to keep an eye on in the future with Noteboom likely leaving after this year.
Alaric Jackson as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Alaric Jackson as well.

Jackson strikes me as more of a guard than a tackle. He simply doesn't have the footwork to be a tackle, but he could wind up being a solid guard.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not surprised that they didn't DRAFT any offensive line but I am surprised, (more like scared and nervous) that they didn't RE-SIGN any offensive lineman.

I feel most comfortable when at least three or four of those starting offensive linemen are locked up for a couple years contract wise.

Still clearing up cap space.Depending on how things goes will dictate the future.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Brian Allen & his white Spandex.I was more impressed with the back muscles.He put in some good work in the offseason. Not sure how that changes things. He is also athletic & has a lot to prove.I like the competition & the way he came into OTA’s.

He looks bigger, we shall see if it translates well in preseason.
1621524527379.png

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
A lot of skepticism here regarding Brian Allen and rightfully so. He didn't look very good when he started at C couple years ago, but some of that might have to do with the two guys who started on either side of him. Blythe at RG and Noteboom at LG. Neither one of them were very good either.

He's had almost two years to get stronger and more proficient. OTA's it looks like they have him at C with the 2nd team. I hope they give him snaps with the 1st string between Edwards and Evans.

If Allen comes out looking strong and Evans shakey at pass pro, its possible Allen could emerge as the starter at C and Corbett staying a RG, keeping the OL the same as last year with only one change, not messing much with Ol continuity.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
A lot of skepticism here regarding Brian Allen and rightfully so. He didn't look very good when he started at C couple years ago, but some of that might have to do with the two guys who started on either side of him. Blythe at RG and Noteboom at LG. Neither one of them were very good either.

He's had almost two years to get stronger and more proficient. OTA's it looks like they have him at C with the 2nd team. I hope they give him snaps with the 1st string between Edwards and Evans.

If Allen comes out looking strong and Evans shakey at pass pro, its possible Allen could emerge as the starter at C and Corbett staying a RG, keeping the OL the same as last year with only one change, not messing much with Ol continuity.
Allen was walking backwards when bull rushed. That has nothing to do with Boom and Blythe. He needs size in addition to strength. I'm not sure if he has that yet.