Rams Offensive Line 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would think that Allen is maxed out his 6-2 short frame at this time. I would imagine he is solid as granite going into OTA's & TC. Short framed OL'ers like Allen & Anchrum can be very effective in getting under larger taller D:'ers as we know....can they learn to be successful @ the NFL level in doing that?

Corbett is 6-4 1/2 ft tall & has the largest hands of all the OL'ers 10 1/2 . Grasping that football should be pretty easy for Corbett.

RG Bobby Evans sure looks like he spent some time on the couch eating junk food & playing video games

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RG Bobby Evans sure looks like he spent some time on the couch eating junk food & playing video games

He will have a battle with Tremayne Anchrum & Chandler Brewer, so he better stop eating the Ho Hos & Twinkies.

MauiRam

Rookie
Corbett is listed @ 6' 4" and 306 lbs. Allen is listed @ 6' 2" and 303 lbs. Allen would seem to have an advantage in leverage providing his technique has been significantly improved. Getting low is key to handling bull rushers. Allen may yet surprise this year. He has a wrestling background which is a plus. I like both guys, and it will be interesting to see who ends up where. Allen is a competitor through & through. He's had a couple of off seasons to add strength and polish up his techniques. I am rooting for him to contribute to the team.

MauiRam

Rookie
I know Allen is listed at 6’ 2”. I just don’t believe he’s 6’ 2”.
You could be right, and if so - more leverage for him. I look forward to seeing all these O-line guys compete. I believe we will have a better O-line than last year as they've had more time to develop. Hopefully our new O-line coach can add some shine as well ..

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sorry we will agree to disagree, you don't take cheap shots, that's not the right thing to do and in Allen's case, it was late. If you're taking cheap shots, you're doing it wrong.
Here’s the video. It was not late, it was on a play where he hits a guy from the side who falls into Noteboom before Goff steps up but is sacked. It’s just after the 9 minute mark.

View: https://youtu.be/9heYbDdzMIY

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just talked to "a friend of a friend" who knows someone close to the Rams. Says TC will be in Thousand Oaks and fans will be allowed. How many and what kind of covid restrictions depend on the County. Looks like I'll have to pack the RV and find somewhere close to park. Still waiting for something from Rams on TC

I'm really looking forward to attending TC and posting my thoughts here at ROD. So much to pay attention to. Stafford, OL, WR. If anyone plans to also go and would like to hook up, send me a PM, would enjoy discussing what we observe over a cold one. Sure hope my buddy VetRamFan can make a few.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No, I appreciate @blackbart credit, but I looked at it and couldn't find when it happened. Maybe more time I will take a longer look at it.
It looks like on that play where Goff is sacked Note is on the ground holding his right knee. It happens real fast on the highlight film but that’s the best I could find.

I had to run it back 4 or 5 times to see the whole thing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No, I appreciate @blackbart credit, but I looked at it and couldn't find when it happened. Maybe more time I will take a longer look at it.
Was just a little light-hearted ball busting there Den. I get your take on the dude. (y)

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Allen is a competitor through & through. He's had a couple of off seasons to add strength and polish up his techniques. I am rooting for him to contribute to the team.

i am not sure who will be at center but my big question is coaching. i know that mcvay has been really good at replacing coaches that have left. he did have a bad miss on st coach. all most all here were very happy with getting kromer. if carberry is as good as mcvay other coaching gets we should be fine but if he is like mcvay's st coach could be a long year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Because of his veteran status, Bobby Evans almost had to be offered that Right Guard spot.
But if he doesn't want to put in the effort required to get it, Joe Noteboom or Chandler Brewer would be glad to fight him for it.

Or if Allen looks good or Tremayne Anchrum comes out of nowhere, Corbett can head back to guard.

Can I ask where you saw the photographs of the soft Evans?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Because of his veteran status, Bobby Evans almost had to be offered that Right Guard spot.
But if he doesn't want to put in the effort required to get it, Joe Noteboom or Chandler Brewer would be glad to fight him for it.

Or if Allen looks good or Tremayne Anchrum comes out of nowhere, Corbett can head back to guard.

Can I ask where you saw the photographs of the soft Evans?
Look at my post on page 7. There are also OTA pics on the Rams site and in other threads.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Posted this — think anyone that
see things different can add against.

Lost in Translation

Bobby Evans looked stronger & better in 2021.His football work & pass blocking is better.He might get blocked back at bit upfront (inside)
Against bigger DT/NT (DE/LB) stunts,but squares up Very Well. He creates a pocket. Yes he does(did) get beat with a quick passer rusher.His skill set (instincts) as a OT is keep the Rusher from getting to The QB.He does enough though to create a lane or a pocket when beat.If on a blitz is on though & another OL guy does the same there is no lane or pocket. The QB has to get rid of the Ball or take a Sack. —Bobby Evans at LG showed Tremendous Ability to Run Block which was New in 2020.He showed he got Stringer from 22 years to 23 years of Age.IMO he will continue to work Hard a Grow as a Player.

—Austin Blythe & Corbett both got Main Handled inside by This Williams from Bama. https://www.al.com/sports/2021/01/quinnen-williams-wants-jets-to-be-more-like-alabama-patriots.html

This Williams as a USC Fan always thought would be Excellent? Is he ? Who is Better ? Now with The Giants.Get it ? NY NY.I believe both were like The Number 3 picks.the lather maybe 7 overall.
www.newsday.com
Glauber: Giants gamble on Williams' potential
Perhaps it is in keeping with Leonard Williams’ unusually disappointing run with the Jets that he now becomes an unusual answer for the Giants in their quest to regain credibility against the headwind
www.newsday.com www.newsday.com

Still Austin Blythe had his worst game I can recall as a Ram.Chicago in 2018 at RG is another. —Austin Corbett started to slump & looked slow in side.Has trouble sliding his feet. No range & not great with support. My thoughts after last night he might be better playing Center.