Rams Offensive Line 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I would think that Allen is maxed out his 6-2 short frame at this time. I would imagine he is solid as granite going into OTA's & TC. Short framed OL'ers like Allen & Anchrum can be very effective in getting under larger taller D:'ers as we know....can they learn to be successful @ the NFL level in doing that?

Corbett is 6-4 1/2 ft tall & has the largest hands of all the OL'ers 10 1/2 . Grasping that football should be pretty easy for Corbett.

RG Bobby Evans sure looks like he spent some time on the couch eating junk food & playing video games
Odd article. When is 19th or 20th considered one of the top at any position? I guess it's not one of the bottom but....

"Whether at center or guard, Corbett will be a starter. And in Pro Football Focus’ opinion, he’ll be one of the better players at either position. Corbett was ranked as the 19th-best center in the NFL by PFF’s Ben Linsey, as well as the 20th-best guard by Sam Monson."

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Odd article. When is 19th or 20th considered one of the top at any position? I guess it's not one of the bottom but....

"Whether at center or guard, Corbett will be a starter. And in Pro Football Focus’ opinion, he’ll be one of the better players at either position. Corbett was ranked as the 19th-best center in the NFL by PFF’s Ben Linsey, as well as the 20th-best guard by Sam Monson."
Well you have to consider how many will start in a year.

I would guess at least 70 Guards would get starts.

So that puts Corbett, after 1 year of starting, in the top 25% of Guards roughly.

That sounds like pretty good news to me and I agree with the assessment.

Rating Corbett as a Center at this point is silly.
I agree.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
And yeah, too many pundits over-analyzing too many things, which leads to too many odd articles.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Because of his veteran status, Bobby Evans almost had to be offered that Right Guard spot.
But if he doesn't want to put in the effort required to get it, Joe Noteboom or Chandler Brewer would be glad to fight him for it.

Or if Allen looks good or Tremayne Anchrum comes out of nowhere, Corbett can head back to guard.

Can I ask where you saw the photographs of the soft Evans?
Those were my thoughts too on Evans. Evans also saw the Rams did not draft any OL'ers in this year's draft. Evans now knows that Snead signed 3 OL'ers Jordan Meredith, Alaric Jackson & Max Pircher plus the Rams gave an invite to the thick 6-3 315 RG Zech Thomas. That's 3 newcomers (for those like me that have issues in math) entering the Rams picture @ RG.

Evans knew there was a very good chance he would have the opportunity to start @ OG this season once Blythe was not offered a contract. He knows that the senior-most experienced OL Joe Noteboom will be involved with the near 40 yr old Andrew Whitworth @ the LT post. I do not see Noteboom being involved in any way in the OG post due to the ongoing situation in this OL of a shortage of LT's. That not a problem in the other 4 OL posts. Rams have players who can play in the NFL!

Evans also knew that the next most experienced Ol'er center Brian Allen 6-2/303 had basically lost 2 seasons of playing due to knee injury would be mainly battling for the OC position either as a starter or the main backup @ OC. Likewise, Evans knows that Ol'er Coleman Shelton is far more versatile than Allen due to being 6-5/300 lbs & a proven college track record of starting & performing well @ all 5 OL posts. I would not write off interior OL'er Shelton as "cut bait" just because he was not drafted by the Rams & was stoled from the Cards PS & Evans got a nod as RG starter in OTA's.

Both Tremayne Anchrum & Chandler Brewer are strong legit starting RG prospects now that both are entering their 2nd Rams Training Camp. Neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

To answer your question: Page #7 in this thread. The photo was posted by RamsOfCastamere. #71 was Evans. Havenstein who was close to near 400 lbs very early in college still has that loose skin too.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well you have to consider how many will start in a year.

I would guess at least 70 Guards would get starts.

So that puts Corbett, after 1 year of starting, in the top 25% of Guards roughly.

That sounds like pretty good news to me and I agree with the assessment.

Rating Corbett as a Center at this point is silly.
I agree.
Many times OC's & OG's are grouped together as Interior OL'ers & rated together too. So this writer could have just messed up in his terminology.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I thought it was the job of every offensive lineman to grow a gut.

Plus Bobby Evans is *only* 312 and should be able to pack on another 10 to 12 no problem.

And of course this is the beginning of OTAs when players could be a little out of shape.

Except Aaron Donald of course.
Yes, a Gut is well needed as an interior OL'er....... a flat flabby & hanging roll on each side is not a good sign. Like you say he does have some time to work on that center mass. Evans just has a body that appears far more RT than RG.

Take a look @ that gut on Anchrum.......:per:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yes, a Gut is well needed as an interior OL'er....... a flat flabby & hanging roll on each side is not a good sign. Like you say he does have some time to work on that center mass. Evans just has a body that appears far more RT than RG.

Take a look @ that gut on Anchrum.......:per:
What most concerns me about that photograph is that confused look on Bobby Evans face.

At least he doesn't play confused.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I can't help but notice that Brian Allen STILL has a brace on his knee as well.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Don't a lot of o-linemen play every game and practice with a knee brace?
In OTAs and walkthroughs?

He's the only one I see in that photograph with one on.
Whitworth and Noteboom have had recent knee problems as well.

It doesn't necessarily mean that Allen's knee is bad but you can't help but notice it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams looking at claiming Giallard brings up the question moving forward.

Just shows about Brian Allen being a bust ? Either way The Rams claimed Coleman from Arizona ,which shows Gailard might be the better player ?
Then again how good are the backup guards & tackles ?I’ve been always drinking the Kool-aide,but still not sold on the unproven.

LT Whitworth- Noteboom the future

LG David Edwards (back-up ?)

C- Austin Corbett (has never played C)

RG- Bobby Evans (never has played RG)

RT- Rob Havenstien ( back-up ?)

Brewer was a backup & sat out.
Anchrum has never been through preseason games.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams offensive line weather Ram Fans want to believe it or not are worse than in 2021 going into training camp than in 2022.

Everyone’s whipping Ram Austin Blythe brought having a true center to the position. Austin Corbett has never played the CENTER spot!! Traded to The Rams because he was only a Guard & to small to play LT.
(crazy value 4 the Rams)

Bobby Evans on the Right Side ?? Still brings up questions.I think both will be fine. Probably even better ?

Noteboom can’t play Guard ?(still a believer) He is a FA though.

Brings up the question of Corbett being The Rams best RG ? He will also be a Free Agent in 2022.

I LMAO that oldbutnotdead thinks Rob Havenstien should get cut or traded?
Last time I saw Anchrum at RT wasn’t a work of art.

Brewer is unproven.

went to the last OTA & saw Coleman on 2nd team & Allen at RG which scares the heck out of me.

Last edited:

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't a lot of o-linemen play every game and practice with a knee brace?
I think it’s mandatory due to the excess weight they carry. But I’ve been wrong many times before.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think it’s mandatory due to the excess weight they carry. But I’ve been wrong many times before.

In college it was a precaution thing. I think The NFL is different?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm tired of the months of speculation. Time to put the pads on and watch it shake out.

Bubba Ram the time is getting closer.
Hard call on the numbers.

I’m going with only 8 offensive lineman. Have said it from the start.
Sure I over speculated on Brian Allen
badly & good as well ?
Bobby Evans ,Anchrum? Brewer practice squad. Who else ? There was an injury & Brewer filled in from LG to RT Tackle.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams offensive line weather Ram Fans want to believe it or not are worse than in 2021 going into training camp than in 2022.

Everyone’s whipping Ram Austin Blythe brought having a true center to the position. Austin Corbett has never played the CENTER spot!! Traded to The Rams because he was only a Guard & to small to play LT.
(crazy value 4 the Rams)

Bobby Evans on the Right Side ?? Still brings up questions.I think both will be fine. Probably even better ?

Noteboom can’t play Guard ?(still a believer) He is a FA though.

Brings up the question of Corbett being The Rams best RG ? He will also be a Free Agent in 2022.

I LMAO that oldbutnotdead thinks Rob Havenstien should get cut or traded?
Last time I saw Anchrum at RT wasn’t a work of art.

Brewer is unproven.

went to the last OTA & saw Coleman on 2nd team & Allen at RG which scares the heck out of me.

so my take here was actually the question we needed answered.

1. Rams in 2022 is such a HUGE concern from contract & players stand point .

2. Brian Allen won the starting Center position which eases my mind.Better than 2019.FA though.

3.Austin Corbett is a FA, He also is The Rams best RG. He can also play center if needed in game. Great training camp for him.

4. Noteboom- to me just a Great Ram.He knows his role & is going to be The Rams future LT. Still believe he can play guard,but not worth the Risk. He is a starting NFL LT.

5. David Edwards is just there. Always good when nobody is calling an O-Lineman’s name. Classic-

6. Big Rob Havenstien- enough said.

7. Whitworth — like Slater. The old Dinosaur. Just a HOF LT being able to play at a high level.

Bobby Evans,Anchrum,& Noteboom as the 8.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
so my take here was actually the question we needed answered.

1. Rams in 2022 is such a HUGE concern from contract & players stand point .

2. Brian Allen won the starting Center position which eases my mind.Better than 2019.FA though.

3.Austin Corbett is a FA, He also is The Rams best RG. He can also play center if needed in game. Great training camp for him.

4. Noteboom- to me just a Great Ram.He knows his role & is going to be The Rams future LT. Still believe he can play guard,but not worth the Risk. He is a starting NFL LT.

5. David Edwards is just there. Always good when nobody is calling an O-Lineman’s name. Classic-

6. Big Rob Havenstien- enough said.

7. Whitworth — like Slater. The old Dinosaur. Just a HOF LT being able to play at a high level.

Bobby Evans,Anchrum,& Noteboom as the 8.
What will the high ankle sprain ongoing with Anchrum do to your proposed 8 OL'ers?
You sure look way short on OG's to me.:thinking::( full of a bunch of exterior OL'ers. Who going to start @ OG when your starters go down?

You have no backups to start inside here. Oh, I guess you have included Evans as your answer & that's worked really well in the past? I am fishing for a good response ..:);)

Last edited: