Rams Offensive Line 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well he was behind a Top 5 O-Line where he was expendable. IMO The Rams & McSnead have a way about them with developing players.

Got to disagree with you there.

The 2019 Browns' OL was not good. One of the reasons they had a disappointing 2019 season. They had a good interior, with Bitonio-Tretter-Teller but were weak at OT. Corbett had shown little but he showed he was not a tackle.

Cleveland did a terrific job in the 2020 off-season, signing free agent Conklin to play RT and using their top-pick on LT Wills. With LG Teller continuing to develop (Bitonio and Tretter have been excellent players for years), the Browns OL was one of the best this past season; and that was a major reason for the Browns' having an excellent 2020 season.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So I just read a Cameron DaSilva story that mentions they are starting OTAs with Corbett at Center and Evans at Right Guard.

As decent as our o-line was last year, this one should be even better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hear Hear! Never got (don't get) some of the negativity thrown his way.
Every position could be improved on (except AD, JR), but the guy's been solid for a long time, and imo, until RH, we have sucked at RT since letting Fred Smith walk after winning the SB.

Fred Smith ? Fred Miller
Kevin Carter DE
Jeff Fisher actually had both players the following year.

Signed Jared Cook then drafted Brian Quick Dumb & then signed dumber a couple years later.Dumber actually had a 1,000 yard season.

2008 draft Donnine Avery was the first WR drafted which was the 2nd rd.
DJ1 was in that draft. So was The Rams OC Kevin O’Connell at #94.

2012 Brian Quick was the 5th WR taken,but The 1st. Pick in the in the 2nd rd. —Gordy Glenn went #41.

Billy Devaney drafted JASON SMITH Les Snead drafted Greg Robinson

In 2015 Les Snead traded back & then up again to get Rob Havienstien.He has worked out a lot better than those 2 #2 picks overall.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Got to disagree with you there.

The 2019 Browns' OL was not good. One of the reasons they had a disappointing 2019 season. They had a good interior, with Bitonio-Tretter-Teller but were weak at OT. Corbett had shown little but he showed he was not a tackle.

Cleveland did a terrific job in the 2020 off-season, signing free agent Conklin to play RT and using their top-pick on LT Wills. With LG Teller continuing to develop (Bitonio and Tretter have been excellent players for years), the Browns OL was one of the best this past season; and that was a major reason for the Browns' having an excellent 2020 season.

— Les Snead does find value though over the Years.RAMsey cost a boat load & well as Matthew Stafford.

Mark Barron was a nice Find from Tampa who drafted him #7 overall
ahead of Brockers at #14.

You are right & appreciate keeping me in check.Corbett looks to be
Beginning The 2021 OTA’s at CENTER!!
along ways from a LT in retrospect.thanks

oldnotdead

Legend
Apparently, Corbett will practice at center in OTAs. It doesn't mean a whole lot as OTAs are when teams experiment with different schemes and alignments. IMO it's to give Austin experience at the position as a game-day backup. Having depth is never a bad thing. The Rams are mindful of how they lost Allen for a season on one play. It would allow them to be 3 deep at center. They have a lot of OGs and more importantly, as I've pointed out previously, center is the most difficult position to play on the o-line.

I still anticipate Allen as the starter.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Apparently, Corbett will practice at center in OTAs. It doesn't mean a whole lot as OTAs are when teams experiment with different schemes and alignments. IMO it's to give Austin experience at the position as a game-day backup. Having depth is never a bad thing. The Rams are mindful of how they lost Allen for a season on one play. It would allow them to be 3 deep at center. They have a lot of OGs and more importantly, as I've pointed out previously, center is the most difficult position to play on the o-line.

I still anticipate Allen as the starter.

Who are your 8 ?? That is what it will come down to. Bobby Evans showed how well he could play Guard in the Playoffs.
This is not good for Coleman.Brian Allen still has to prove himself.Corbett is a Med-School Grad & very smart player.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Isn't that Brewer at RG with the 1s?
Could we be looking at different photos?

#71 Bobby Evans is at RG. Corbett (C) ... Edwards (LG) ... Whitworth (LT) ... Stafford at QB.

RT is not clear. Just see a leg and foot.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Could we be looking at different photos?

#71 Bobby Evans is at RG. Corbett (C) ... Edwards (LG) ... Whitworth (LT) ... Stafford at QB.

RT is not clear. Just see a leg and foot.

RT is Havenstein, it's his leg.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams are playing Austin Corbett at center to begin OTAs

Cameron DaSilva
May 18, 2021 6:05 am

The departure of Austin Blythe in free agency left a gaping hole in the middle of the Rams’ offensive line. He was the starting center for the last season and a half, playing relatively well in front of Jared Goff.

But with Blythe now a member of the Chiefs, the Rams are set to make a change at center once again. Brian Allen should be healthy after suffering a severe knee injury in 2019, so he’s a candidate to start. Coleman Shelton is, too.

But the likeliest scenario seems to be moving Austin Corbett from guard to center. During the first session of OTAs on Monday, the Rams had Corbett at center, Bobby Evans at right guard, David Edwards at left guard and Andrew Whitworth at left tackle in front of Matthew Stafford. The photo didn’t clearly show the right tackle, but it appeared to be Rob Havenstein.

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Isn't that Brewer at RG with the 1s?

From what I saw LG next to Noteboom. It’s going to be interesting upfront. Last season I thought Chandler Brewer got lucky he sat out last season.Still this season he has to beat out Anchrum imo. Both players are so young & have so much upside.
Offensive Line is not a Young Man’s game. All these Draftnik guys just looking at numbers & videos.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Top 9, IMO;
Whitworth
Edwards
Corbett
Evans
Havenstein
Noteboom
Anchrum
Brewer
Alaric Jackson

The rest in order;
Shelton
Allen
Max Pircher
Demby
Jordan Meredith

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
"That ain't my leg."
~ Hav

Well Big Rob isn’t going to win The best Spandex award Day 1. I’d say coolest Rams hat though

A Big Mentor for Jake Funk(M.Brown) 5’10 206)#34. This guy is a sponge.He will find his way on the team.Raymond Calais((5’8 189)has his work cut out for himself.
Xavier Jones(5’11 208)has the 3rd RB spot down right now.