Rams Offensive Line 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This article is predraft,but pretty much spot on.Brian Allen was(is) the question mark.I believe this tells the story of what the Offensive Line situation looks like.Very simply.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Talib & veterans The Rams have brought in under Sean Mcvay has changed the Culture of the locker room. - not to get into Peters,but IMO he kept him in check.Once Talib got hurt & was sort of done,Mcvay made the move to keep the locker room in check.Mcvay lives divas,but it’s WE not ME.In comes RAMSEY.
The schedule came out today so I find this ironic the timing of this interview.Talib’s first months with The Rams he was with Wade,,Whit,Snead,Demoff,& Mcvay to receive that SuperBowl Schedule.
Keeping this(real)O” Lineman though.

View: https://youtu.be/xu7N1YjqwIE

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What I’d ask is for someone to follow the Instagram for updates. I’ve found this to be interesting.Wondering who all is training together?

From the Link:

Unlike the last couple of years, the Los Angeles Rams won’t be making major changes to their offensive line. Andrew Whitworth will be the starting left tackle, David Edwards is likely to start next to him at guard, with Austin Corbett and Rob Havenstein projected to be the cogs on the right side.

There’s obviously a hole at center left by Austin Blythe’s departure, but for the most part, the group will remain intact from a season ago. And though it’s only April, the Rams’ offensive line is training together in preparation of the 2021 season.

Trainer Tommy Costello shared a video of Joseph Noteboom, Edwards, Whitworth and Corbett all working out in Whitworth’s home gym, which is located in his garage.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNtmCvpn-vS/?igshid=1unvww3z6t7br

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNlxk1lH0QL/?igshid=n8t0iuq2l4a1

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO the only real question is LG as I think as long as Allen is 100% and I've heard nothing to think he isn't, he is the presumptive starter. We know Corbett will be an OG on one side, but will he move back to the left side? I think he might. I think the lack of game experience will hurt Brewer and he will be in a backup role. So I think the other OG will come down to Evans, Edwards, Shelton, and Brewer. I like Brewer and he might have the best mobility of the 4. Although last year he was looked at by Kromer as an OT, like Evans by his build he's an OG perhaps a RT in the NFL. I am not convinced Edwards will continue to start at LG and that will be left to Carberry.

My only issue with the o-line is RT Havenstein. He's paid too much to sit but he's given up 9 sacks over two years and his heavy feet are a huge liability as is his cap of $8.8M. Remember the Rams schedule have them facing largely the top-tier teams. They can't afford an OT who can't block speed rushers because this year they will see a lot of them. He has a manageable dead cap of $3.1M which would clear $5M in cap space if he isn't on the roster. With Jared and Todd still on the dead cap, they can't make Rob a post June 1 release. I don't see why they would wait since he's gone next year anyway. Better one year early than one year too late, i.e. if Stafford gets hurt. Dunlap killed Havenstein last year. Goff got hurt because of bad o-line play.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My issue with the OL is Whitworth (or more accurately, his replacement). He's the best we have and he missed half a season last year. He'll be 40 in December. What are his odds for playing 16? We've got a lot of OL on the roster, many with experience. Can Carberry 'develop' a solid O line? He doesn't have to develop any HOFers. Just a solid O line. We shall see.

dang

Legend
LT is such a critical position. I believe the Rams will figure out this year if they have a replacement for Whit or if they have to pursue a trade/FA. I don’t see them trusting a round 2 or lower draft pick to fill that void. I sure hope they keep Corbett, Edwards and Evans to solidify the line over the next 3-4 years. Fingers crossed they got a diamond on the rough with Anchrum and/or Jackson. Keep feeding the beast with versatile strong high character players.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IMO the only real question is LG as I think as long as Allen is 100% and I've heard nothing to think he isn't, he is the presumptive starter. We know Corbett will be an OG on one side, but will he move back to the left side? I think he might. I think the lack of game experience will hurt Brewer and he will be in a backup role. So I think the other OG will come down to Evans, Edwards, Shelton, and Brewer. I like Brewer and he might have the best mobility of the 4. Although last year he was looked at by Kromer as an OT, like Evans by his build he's an OG perhaps a RT in the NFL. I am not convinced Edwards will continue to start at LG and that will be left to Carberry.

My only issue with the o-line is RT Havenstein. He's paid too much to sit but he's given up 9 sacks over two years and his heavy feet are a huge liability as is his cap of $8.8M. Remember the Rams schedule have them facing largely the top-tier teams. They can't afford an OT who can't block speed rushers because this year they will see a lot of them. He has a manageable dead cap of $3.1M which would clear $5M in cap space if he isn't on the roster. With Jared and Todd still on the dead cap, they can't make Rob a post June 1 release. I don't see why they would wait since he's gone next year anyway. Better one year early than one year too late, i.e. if Stafford gets hurt. Dunlap killed Havenstein last year. Goff got hurt because of bad o-line play.

This is just my opinion,but Mcvay said a couple times how he liked how Bobby Evans played inside.
IMO he played better than Edwards at LG.Cam Akers had a lot of running lanes & missed 2 game changing runs against Green Bay.Mcvay ran the Wild Cat like 5 times.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My issue with the OL is Whitworth (or more accurately, his replacement). He's the best we have and he missed half a season last year. He'll be 40 in December. What are his odds for playing 16? We've got a lot of OL on the roster, many with experience. Can Carberry 'develop' a solid O line? He doesn't have to develop any HOFers. Just a solid O line. We shall see.

Noteboom played well for Whitworth when he got hurt.He also was coming of a knee injury & has been The Rams starting LG to start 2019 & 2020.I know there is a New OC,but that doesn’t give Joesph Noteboom a reason not to compete.He is going into a Contract Year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

View: https://youtu.be/xu7N1YjqwIE
[/QUOTE]

Andrew Whitworth & Talib talk about there SuperBowl experience.

Tom Brady & (NFL) Belacheat F” another team in the SuperBowl.
If Whitworth I’m sure knows the play exactly & it was the iNVISIBLE John Sullivan hold when Todd Gurley crossed the 50 yard line on a 10 yards run inbtween he & Saffold. To me will always be worse than SPY GATE.
Moving on though The Rams still have there Bookends in Havienstien & Whitworth since Mcvay has been The Rams HC.
— I like how Havienstien is still working well with Whitworth as Mentors.The have had many of O’Line pre game group dinners together.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Here is a updated depth chart from ESPN. Chandler Brewer is not even on it,but it makes some sense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
All I can say is hopefully Carberry won't put together a lineup we laugh at. I don't get any satisfaction from seeing them trot out the wrong dudes and then needing to fix it even when it's something we see coming.

I'd love to see Brewer win a job over guys like Boom and Allen. We'd have two years control with him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
From the Link:

Unlike the last couple of years, the Los Angeles Rams won’t be making major changes to their offensive line. Andrew Whitworth will be the starting left tackle, David Edwards is likely to start next to him at guard, with Austin Corbett and Rob Havenstein projected to be the cogs on the right side.

There’s obviously a hole at center left by Austin Blythe’s departure, but for the most part, the group will remain intact from a season ago. And though it’s only April, the Rams’ offensive line is training together in preparation of the 2021 season.

Trainer Tommy Costello shared a video of Joseph Noteboom, Edwards, Whitworth and Corbett all working out in Whitworth’s home gym, which is located in his garage.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNtmCvpn-vS/?igshid=1unvww3z6t7br

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNlxk1lH0QL/?igshid=n8t0iuq2l4a1

"I do that move on the dance floor."
~ @Loyal

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Here is a updated depth chart from ESPN. Chandler Brewer is not even on it,but it makes some sense.

No depth chart that has Jamil Demby as 2nd string and Anchrum as 3rd string makes a bit of sense to me. I base that on no knowledge of Anchrum but Demby. Add to that Brewer is no where to be found.......not that I know if he's any good but they have said he's like one of their 2021 draft picks.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No depth chart that has Jamil Demby as 2nd string and Anchrum as 3rd string makes a bit of sense to me. I base that on no knowledge of Anchrum but Demby. Add to that Brewer is no where to be found.......not that I know if he's any good but they have said he's like one of their 2021 draft picks.

Agree - imo Brewer is going to be the reserve RT. Anchrum & him will battle out that 8 spot. —Coleman gets cut.

I’m basing this on Brian Allen being 100% in 2021. I think if The Rams were pressed Brian Allen would have been on the game day roster for the Playoffs in 2020. I saw him on the sidelines and he looked in good shape. He caught a over thrown pass late in the seasons in dress clothes.
In one of these articles it says he is the starting Center if Healthy.There is no doubt he is healthy & his contract help make the decision not to bring back Austin Blythe.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I Lol - at this. The bashing of Rams backup O’Lineman. It’s not just the Backups. - The Rams gave more depth than like Les Snead said,since he has been w/The Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All I can say is hopefully Carberry won't put together a lineup we laugh at. I don't get any satisfaction from seeing them trot out the wrong dudes and then needing to fix it even when it's something we see coming.

I'd love to see Brewer win a job over guys like Boom and Allen. We'd have two years control with him.

Noteboom is a stud & will prove you wrong Imo.I like Brewer as a ascending player & a RT.He did do well at LT,so who knows? Crazier things have happened.
My thoughts are Noteboom is The Rams LT of the future & signs a team friendly deal.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Who is Steven Wirtel? Backup Center

Here’s another depth chart - yes it is still to early. Crazy how these get put together. Jordan Meredith as the back up Center

Last edited: