OTA’s / News and Notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ROD posters ranted and raved about Bobby Evans poor play for 3 seasons, but Mcvay kept running him out there before he finally took the hint from Den....
I was going to post the same thought about Bobby Evans. Although, I would not have credited a ROD poster.
Thank you sincerely @bubbaramfan as to @Allen2McVay
bored star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Kendrick doesn't need to play corner at all. He's too slow and needs to convert to safety imo. Problem is that he's always a boneheaded mistake waiting to happen so I'd be more than happy to never see him start.
What you said.

What you meant:

Kendrick doesn't need to play corner at all. He's too slow and needs to convert to safety imo. Problem is that he's always a boneheaded mistake waiting to happen so I'd be more than happy to never see him play.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, I really think the front office leaned a little too heavily on AD's dominance to deal with the lack of draft picks and free agency money since the super bowl win. They hoped his presence alone would get them by and did what they could for the offense. As soon as AD made his intent known to management before last season they started making great choices on the defensive side of the ball talent wise. I hope I'm not in for a rude awakening but I truly think McVay is about to have one of his best defenses since he's been here. Might not quite reach that peak this season but it'll get close. A lot will depend on our CBs healthy.
We've heard Shula talk about changes in the secondary they made due to the lack of AD. He even insinuates that they put less emphasis on the players back there because they relied on AD to create pressures. Now with the vets added back there and the youth in the front 7 I think the defense is improved overall.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I agree, I really think the front office leaned a little too heavily on AD's dominance to deal with the lack of draft picks and free agency money since the super bowl win. They hoped his presence alone would get them by and did what they could for the offense. As soon as AD made his intent known to management before last season they started making great choices on the defensive side of the ball talent wise. I hope I'm not in for a rude awakening but I truly think McVay is about to have one of his best defenses since he's been here. Might not quite reach that peak this season but it'll get close. A lot will depend on our CBs healthy.

I don't recall anyone ever saying they trusted Linehan, Spags, or Fisher. Martz earned a little bit from creating the GSOT but that quickly went down the toilet each passing year. Fisher got a small amount from getting us out of the cellar to mediocrity but his choices on offense constantly negated that every year.

McSnead isn't 100% in their choices but they obviously know what it takes to build a winning football team year in and out. Sometimes they push their luck and regret it like the disaster of 2022 but they always rebound. So far they have a winning record in 6 of 7 seasons with two super bowl trips and a win. I get not trusting every little decision because they do make mistakes. But overall I feel they've earned more than enough trust that their plan year to year will be a winner.
It’s amazing how McVay and Sneed have been able to continue evolving successfully after all the poaching, adapting, and copy-catting they deal with. They always have to exceed themselves. Hope they’re able to sustain that for a long time to come.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
ROD posters ranted and raved about Bobby Evans poor play for 3 seasons, but Mcvay kept running him out there before he finally took the hint from Den....
Yes, and he’s not the only player that coaches have played while fans frustratingly scratched their heads at, only for the fans to be correct in evaluating.

I believe that if a coach likes a player personally and the player continues to try hard to improve, then it factors into getting them playing time or at least a roster spot. It really doesn’t seem likely that it was impossible for the Rams to find an upgrade for Evans that was released from another team or on a PS somewhere.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With all of the information the Rams put out about *how* they do things... I very much trust in the rams PROCESS.

Do they make mistakes??? Sure!!!! Everyone does.
Some have argued against this idea, but it sure does seem to me that they have continued to refine their drafting/evaluating process each year. The ability to evolve is impressive.

It has me very positive about the future. The days of constantly trading back to amass late round picks/middlin talent seem to be a thing of the past.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Some have argued against this idea, but it sure does seem to me that they have continued to refine their drafting/evaluating process each year. The ability to evolve is impressive.

It has me very positive about the future. The days of constantly trading back to amass late round picks/middlin talent seem to be a thing of the past.
Watching the The Grind #2 this season is pretty awesome . It gives you(us) a chance to see the Development of how The Rams are scouting. There region scouts,plus this young guy who is really advancing & help run The Show!!

Not sure if anyone posted this,but well worth having it up again if SO(Ram)

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I don't see anything to drive me to make any big conclusions other than they don't trade back just to trade back.
There was a pretty ideal player and value in place for them at pick 19, so they used it.
They had another player they had graded as a first rounder, so they traded up, feeling like the pairing was kind of a force-multiplier.. I think kind of a unique situation.

We'll see what happens next year, of course.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Watching the The Grind #2 this season is pretty awesome . It gives you(us) a chance to see the Development of how The Rams are scouting. There region scouts,plus this young guy who is really advancing & help run The Show!!

Not sure if anyone posted this,but well worth having it up again if SO(Ram)
I only saw the short version. That was a good watch. Thanks for posting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see anything to drive me to make any big conclusions other than they don't trade back just to trade back.
There was a pretty ideal player and value in place for them at pick 19, so they used it.
They had another player they had graded as a first rounder, so they traded up, feeling like the pairing was kind of a force-multiplier.. I think kind of a unique situation.

They actually tried to trade up, in 23 and 24. I don’t know how long they have been using the leadership/character test but it sounds like it’s only been the last few years. I love that they e been more secretive about the process too. The leaks ended up not being true. So even if reporters are getting info about the Rams plans, from other teams, it was wrong.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

100% @Kupped, I see it the same way