OTA’s / News and Notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Kendrick doesn't need to play corner at all. He's too slow and needs to convert to safety imo. Problem is that he's always a boneheaded mistake waiting to happen so I'd be more than happy to never see him start.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams are just trying to find a spot for Kendricks because it ain't corner. Hopefully he can grow into something tho. I believe he has talent, the Rams just have to figure out how to use it effectively.

Psycho_X

Legend

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think the Rams are just trying to find a spot for Kendricks because it ain't corner. Hopefully he can grow into something tho. I believe he has talent, the Rams just have to figure out how to use it effectively.
What is Chris Shula doing on this site?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I know Kendricks is one of the more polarizing players. I like the fight he shows, his speed and mental breakdowns aside he is a tough player and plays hard. The coaching staff sees enough to try and find him a role and if he can play the big nickle and be a bit of an enforcer that would be a great find. I think his mistakes or mental lapses in judgment were partially due to his athletic shortcomings and if that is partially alleviated by a move inside it could be a win-win.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I have never seen Kendrick play well consistently.... Or even really close to it. He runs his mouth like he's Deion Fucking Sanders, but he plays more like Tye Hill.

Not sure what the coaches could possibly see in him to think he could be anything more than depth, but of course I hope I am wrong.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I have never seen Kendrick play well consistently.... Or even really close to it. He runs his mouth like he's Deion Fucking Sanders, but he plays more like Tye Hill.

Not sure what the coaches could possibly see in him to think he could be anything more than depth, but of course I hope I am wrong.
Totally fair, I think some of what you mentioned is what staff like (grittiness) albeit in a more controlled fashion. The move could be as simple as here is your shot to make the team and contribute, it would add depth if he does make it in the new role and who knows maybe special team, doesn't see the field much, adds versatility, and contributes or hits the wire. He is intriguing when not playing dumb.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Totally fair, I think some of what you mentioned is what staff like (grittiness) albeit in a more controlled fashion. The move could be as simple as here is your shot to make the team and contribute, it would add depth if he does make it in the new role and who knows maybe special team, doesn't see the field much, adds versatility, and contributes or hits the wire. He is intriguing when not playing dumb.
Is he intriguing because of his play, or because he acts the way he does? Serious question, and not trying to be a dick here, haha. Personally, I love when a player has a swagger about them, but I HATE when they can't back it up.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Is he intriguing because of his play, or because he acts the way he does? Serious question, and not trying to be a dick here, haha. Personally, I love when a player has a swagger about them, but I HATE when they can't back it up.]
He is still young and I thought he grew as a player from year 1 to year 2 when he wasn't making mental mistakes or playing emotionally. I think he had some really good games and parts of other games where he stepped up.
I know Jalen was a fan of his and so are the coaches, if he matures and works on fundamentals and technique he will continue to improve. I think it can go either way but he doesn't give me the this dude has no place on the field feeling like we had on the OL 2 seasons ago. As far as the way he acts, I wouldn't say I like it when your emotions get the best of you but when you learn to harness that and direct in a more productive and focused manner it can be an asset. An emotional player likely will always play on that edge but when used properly it can be fruitful or at least not detrimental.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Of all the players currently on the roster, Derion Kendrick has to be the most polarizing for ROD posters.

dang

Legend
Of all the players currently on the roster, Derion Kendrick has to be the most polarizing for ROD posters.
Probably Reeder for me because the Rams know what Reeder can (or can’t) do. While the Rams may still be figuring out what Kendrick can do.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Probably Reeder for me because the Rams know what Reeder can (or can’t) do. While the Rams may still be figuring out what Kendrick can do.
What are you talking about, Kendrick is waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more polarizing than Reeder!!!!!!!!!!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Kendrick gets a lot more discussion around here than Reeder.

While most posters agree on Reeder's skill set and limitations, we do not agree on Kendrick ... not even on his production. Some think he has shown good stuff, while others think he is consistently awful. That's Polarizing.