OTA’s / News and Notes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don’t think Kendrick’s is even that good at tackling. He doesn’t sound to smart in interviews either, which explains the dumb mistakes.
There's been some moments where I wonder if he wanted to make the tackle, but I think when he wants to he is quite effective at it. Whereas Durant is one of those coverage type corners who looks like a cat by the bathtub, which you can get away with if you're good enough in coverage to make up for it. But he hasn't been that good unfortunately.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
There's been some moments where I wonder if he wanted to make the tackle, but I think when he wants to he is quite effective at it. Whereas Durant is one of those coverage type corners who looks like a cat by the bathtub, which you can get away with if you're good enough in coverage to make up for it. But he hasn't been that good unfortunately.
As much as I could agree,that’s the beauty of THE RAMS culture.

Durant has been developing his game & going into his 3rd season.2nd true OTA’s where he has been hitting the weights & bulking up.He also has arm guards which helps protect him more.
I think we as Ram Fans will see some good improvement of he & Kendrick.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As much as I could agree,that’s the beauty of THE RAMS culture.

I think we as Ram Fans will see some good improvement of he & Kendrick.
IDK, when it comes to Derion Rayshawn Kendrick, it seems like it's always, one step forward & two steps back.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
IDK, when it comes to Derion Rayshawn Kendrick, it seems like it's always, one step forward & two steps back.
Well that’s part of growing up.If you look at his rookie season he sort of came out of know where to be starter.He has always been asked to do a lot.

I think what really gets over looked & especially these last 3/4 seasons is AGE!! Experience & growth comes in time.It takes hard work ,but Jalen Ramsey was a good mentor.Rams culture really provides a nice unity & TEAM FISRT is instilled in players.

Last edited:

sloramfan

Starter
i have to agree with you den the coach...

im a DK supporter, because durant is not anywhere close to a physical football player...

and here's my point...

why was DK starting and playing more than the ROD poster boy durant?...

and why were the rams putting DK on the other teams BEST receiver?...

he has no speed... right? and he can't cover... right?

so why is he playing??????

geeeze ....

MCVAY YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO THE POSTERS ON ROD AND GET A FUCKING CLUE!!!!!

or...

trust your analytics and eyes...

and do what you did... you benched a better player, and will again try to knock some sense into the kid about how leet receivers will get into your head, and get you to make stupid moves that hurt the team...

you can't have dumb penalties DK...

all corners get beat... but the penalties put you over the edge...

even with me.... a DK supporter

i'm still in your corner buddy...

i know a football player when i see one...

go rams

slo

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

im a DK supporter, because durant is not anywhere close to a physical football player...

and here's my point...

geeeze ....

or...

and do what you did... you benched a better player, and will again try to knock some sense into the kid about how leet receivers will get into your head, and get you to make stupid moves that hurt the team...

go rams

slo

-sort of funny,just likes Durant hair right now.You know OTA’s are for getting better & learning.

I will guarantee you Sean Mcvay as a person lives cobie Durrantnmire than DK.They are both good young players going into there 3rd season .That’s when it has been said you know what you have in your draft picks & grade teams picks.

IMO you don’t tear down a player to make another player better.What do we really know about DK & CD14 ? Durant was The Rams rookie of the year 2022 votes by his team mates.
-That gun charger last season could have been really bad for The Rams timing wise.IMO everyone became better from it as a team though.

The Rams under Sean Mcvay is a WE vs ME & DK got lucky he understands what is being ask of him as a Team Player.

I’m on the side of DK being a solid Ram & was a serious value pick.If you look at the 2022 Draft players like Russ Yeast & Q.Lake might have better seasons than both DK & CD14 if we group them together .
Kyren though last season was The Best of that Draft Class

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well that’s part of growing up.If you look at his rookie season he sort of came out of know where to be starter.He has always been asked to do a lot.

I think what really gets over looked & especially these last 3/4 seasons is AGE!! Experience & growth comes in time.It takes hard work ,but Jalen Ramsey was a good mentor.Rams culture really provides a nice unity & TEAM FISRT is instilled in players.
I guess I should recuse myself from evaluating Kendrick. I did not think much of him in college, then his 40 time and last season some boneheaded penalties. I just have to abstain moving forward because I just am not a fan of his game.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
ROD posters ranted and raved about Bobby Evans poor play for 3 seasons, but Mcvay kept running him out there before he finally took the hint from Den....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

and here's my point...

geeeze ....

or...

go rams

slo
You forgot about the bonehead plays

I think the whole reason Kendrick’s started over Durant is simply because he’s a more physical and willing tackler. I think Durant is better in coverage.

What do the Rams seem to be emphasizing in the last draft? I’d you watched the second episode of Behind the Grind, you’d say it’s obviously -toughness.

Then you look at the free agents the Rams signed, and it’s safe to say, they weren’t satisfied with either Durant, nor Kendrick, because they brought in two better corners. So what’s the point of making a long post about how great your boy Kendrick must be?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
ROD posters ranted and raved about Bobby Evans poor play for 3 seasons, but Mcvay kept running him out there before he finally took the hint from Den....
I was going to post the same thought about Bobby Evans. Although, I would not have credited a ROD poster.

My point would be that even the best head coaches make mistakes and are sometimes wrong.

The Rams are in great shape and we, as fans, are fortunate. They have a strong Front Office, quality Coaches and an outstanding Head Coach. However, none are perfect, or always right, or beyond reproach.

Nothing I hate more than ... In McVay-I-trust, or In-Snead-I-trust, or the worst ... In-McSnead-I-trust. UGH!

That's because I remember ... In Martz, Linehan, Spagnuolo and Fisher I trust ... UGH!!!

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was going to post the same thought about Bobby Evans. Although, I would not have credited a ROD poster.

My point would be that even the best head coaches make mistakes and are sometimes wrong.

The Rams are in great shape and we, as fans, are fortunate. They have a strong Front Office, quality Coaches and an outstanding Head Coach. However, none are perfect, or always right, or beyond reproach.

Nothing I hate more than ... In McVay-I-trust, or In-Snead-I-trust, or the worst ... In-McSnead-I-trust. UGH!

That's because I remember ... In Martz, Linehan, Spagnuolo and Fisher I trust ... UGH!!!
But only McVay won a Super Bowl as head coach. Martz lost a Super Bowl as a HC. Linehan, Spags and Fisher never even touched the playoffs as our HC's. McSnead, the combo of a great young HC and an excellent talent evaluator in GM in Les Snead, have raised our beloved team from mediocrity (or worse) to become a playoff contender most years. Therefore due to past performance,
In McSnead I trust.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You mean when The Rams lost both Kupp & Stafford because of his poor play.If he Rams had beaten T Bay..Then again I can’t say & don’t want to look back. —Just happy with The Rams addressed the OFFENSIVE LINE in the off season this year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In McSnead I trust.
1718030935962.png

Seriously though, I agree; and that's why I tried to compliment the Rams' current Brain Trust and Leadership.
However, blind loyalty, faith and support to anyone and in anything is just foolish in my opinion.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
But only McVay won a Super Bowl as head coach. Martz lost a Super Bowl as a HC. Linehan, Spags and Fisher never even touched the playoffs as our HC's. McSnead, the combo of a great young HC and an excellent talent evaluator in GM in Les Snead, have raised our beloved team from mediocrity (or worse) to become a playoff contender most years. Therefore due to past performance,
In McSnead I trust.
MY moto, trust but verify. Always.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

How 'bout In McSnead I trust more than a given internet poster or talking head? Y'know because the whole even a blind mouse finds a piece of cheese saying. And keep in mind, just because you trust someone, it doesn't make them infallible.

That all said.... In McSnead I trust.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm generally a glass more than half full over optimistic about the team but I feel we'll miss AD but overall our defense will be better. Especially as the season gets into the 2nd half and these young guys start to work together more and more.
I agree, I really think the front office leaned a little too heavily on AD's dominance to deal with the lack of draft picks and free agency money since the super bowl win. They hoped his presence alone would get them by and did what they could for the offense. As soon as AD made his intent known to management before last season they started making great choices on the defensive side of the ball talent wise. I hope I'm not in for a rude awakening but I truly think McVay is about to have one of his best defenses since he's been here. Might not quite reach that peak this season but it'll get close. A lot will depend on our CBs healthy.

I don't recall anyone ever saying they trusted Linehan, Spags, or Fisher. Martz earned a little bit from creating the GSOT but that quickly went down the toilet each passing year. Fisher got a small amount from getting us out of the cellar to mediocrity but his choices on offense constantly negated that every year.

McSnead isn't 100% in their choices but they obviously know what it takes to build a winning football team year in and out. Sometimes they push their luck and regret it like the disaster of 2022 but they always rebound. So far they have a winning record in 6 of 7 seasons with two super bowl trips and a win. I get not trusting every little decision because they do make mistakes. But overall I feel they've earned more than enough trust that their plan year to year will be a winner.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How 'bout In McSnead I trust more than a given internet poster or talking head?

That does not fit on a T-shirt

That all said.... In McSnead I trust.

That's Very Hurtful.

And, earlier today, I was going to reply to your flip-no flip/juicy-burger post; and point-out to West-Coast-Ram that he was out of his element because you were an experienced/successful competitive grill-master.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I don't recall anyone ever saying they trusted Linehan, Spags, or Fisher.

I sure do. My pre-ROD days but absolutely recall Rams' fans on Rams' forums saying that.

Either you have the gift of forgetting bad memories; or I suffer from terrible nightmares. Could be both.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
With all of the information the Rams put out about *how* they do things... I very much trust in the rams PROCESS.

Do they make mistakes??? Sure!!!! Everyone does.