Official Roster Cuts Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
DR RAM said:
BonifayRam said:
Rabid Ram said:
so how many cuts left
Rams are below 53 presently. Big surprise is Brandon Washington OT/OG still on roster.
That is the BIGGEST surprise to me. Wow, scratching my head.

What happen to OT Sean Hooey? injured IR or released a while back or injury settlement situation?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I see only 18 cuts so far in this round. If we started with 75 we still have 4 more to go don't we?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BonifayRam said:
DR RAM said:
BonifayRam said:
Rabid Ram said:
so how many cuts left
Rams are below 53 presently. Big surprise is Brandon Washington OT/OG still on roster.

What happen to OT Sean Hooey? injured IR or released a while back or injury settlement situation?
I don't know. Last time I heard he was still hurt.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
albefree69 said:
I see only 18 cuts so far in this round. If we started with 75 we still have 4 more to go don't we?

How do the suspensions of Pead and Dunbar factor into this? I think with those applying we only have 2 cuts to go. I could be wrong though.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Dagonet said:
albefree69 said:

How do the suspensions of Pead and Dunbar factor into this? I think with those applying we only have 2 cuts to go. I could be wrong though.
You are right, they don't count until they are reinstated.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:

They get two roster exemptions due to the suspensions for week one. They need to get to 55.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I'm shocked that it looks like Stevens (FB) is going to stick. And Giordano over C. Davis?

Josh Hull? WOW

10 O-Linemen?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CoachO said:
I'm shocked that it looks like Stevens (FB) is going to stick. And Giordano over C. Davis?

Josh Hull? WOW

10 O-Linemen?
I thought Stevens might make it when Harkey got hurt. Washington made it, really? Giordano, strange, they must really like him. Cody tailed off a little the last two games. Hull is a surprise, because he's one of the few vets.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sucks about Cody Davis, I liked him, but I can't say it's that shocking when you see what they have at S and what he offers.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
WOW! A lot of good players cut. I know they were undrafted players and these guys sometimes end up being training camp heroes just to fizzle out in the regular season but damn. I'm hoping Davis, Helmic, Bodine and a few others make the practice squad. How many spots are available for the practice squad anyways?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Afro Ram said:
WOW! A lot of good players cut. I know they were undrafted players and these guys sometimes end up being training camp heroes just to fizzle out in the regular season but damn. I'm hoping Davis, Helmic, Bodine and a few others make the practice squad. How many spots are available for the practice squad anyways?

Eight

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
bluecoconuts said:
Sucks about Cody Davis, I liked him, but I can't say it's that shocking when you see what they have at S and what he offers.
Yeah, Daniels just lit it up the last two games, and he can play either safety. Mcleod, and Stewart both have versatility too.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Many of these cuts are hard to fathom. There must have been a lot of stuff going on in all the closed practices that we didn't see.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
Many of these cuts are hard to fathom. There must have been a lot of stuff going on in all the closed practices that we didn't see.
Which ones?

wolfman84

Rookie
Hull being cut was a big surprise to me, Cody Davis was the biggest disappointment. I thought he had a lot of potential. If we're keeping the best 53, not sure I see Brandon Washington, Sean Hooey, and Matt Giordano as being better than Hull and Davis. But what do I know.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
BonifayRam said:
Rabid Ram said:
so how many cuts left

according to rotoworld he isn't.

Philip Lutzenkirchen TE STL 4 Hrs

Rams waived TE Philip Lutzenkirchen, G/C Brandon Washington, S Rashard Hall, WR Nicholas Johnson, CB Drew Thomas, DE R.J. Washington and OT D.J. Young.

Washington is a former Eagles draft pick. The Rams gave Lutzenkirchen a look as an undrafted free agent from Auburn, but he failed to stick out in camp.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:

This roster is not what they are going to go into the Sept 8th game with.

Way too many question marks. And unless guys get healthy in a hurry (Stewart, Giordano, McGee, Pointer), they are woefully THIN in the secondary. Not to mention Special Teams.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It's not just that're keeping 10 O-linemen, it's that many of them suck.

Of course this is all before we start replacing some with player that other teams have cut. Lots more to come I think.

DR RAM inquired:
Which ones?

All the closed practices. I'm assuming it was like last year where about half of them were closed to the public.