Official Roster Cuts Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
My font has suddenly changed to very small and I had to get my daughter to read these posts. It's going to take me awhile to get used to it.

I hope.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
albefree69 said:
It's not just that're keeping 10 O-linemen, it's that many of them suck.

Of course this is all before we start replacing some with player that other teams have cut. Lots more to come I think.

DR RAM inquired:
Which ones?

All the closed practices. I'm assuming it was like last year where about half of them were closed to the public.
No, I mean which players are you shocked by being cut?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
albefree69 said:
My font has suddenly changed to very small and I had to get my daughter to read these posts. It's going to take me awhile to get used to it.

I hope.
I had the same happen to me a while back - I think it was when X did a major facelift a couple months ago. Most times I can simply refresh the page and the problem seems to resolve itself. I'm on Firefox Beta, by the way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:

I hope.
I notice no difference. You sure you didn't accidentally -zoom the page?
Here's a screenshot of how I see your theme.

kdFdDnb.png

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams are down to 10 OL'ers with a big question mark about Sean Hooey OT he would make 11.

OT's
Jake Long
Rodger Saffold
Joe Barksdale

OG's
Harvey Dahl
Chris Williams
Shelley Smith
Brandon Washington

OC
Scott Wells
Tim Barnes
Barrett Jones(R)

TE/FB/H-Back
Jared Cook
Lance Kendricks
Harkey
McNeil

RB
Richardson
Cunningham(R)
Stacy(R)
Reynolds

WR's
Givens
Quick
Austin(R)
Bailey(R)
Pettis

QB's
Bradford
Clemens

Five rookies made the offense

A55VA6

Legend
kurtfaulk said:
DR RAM said:
BonifayRam said:
Rabid Ram said:
so how many cuts left
Rams are below 53 presently. Big surprise is Brandon Washington OT/OG still on roster.
That is the BIGGEST surprise to me. Wow, scratching my head.

according to rotoworld he isn't.

Philip Lutzenkirchen TE STL 4 Hrs

Rams waived TE Philip Lutzenkirchen, G/C Brandon Washington, S Rashard Hall, WR Nicholas Johnson, CB Drew Thomas, DE R.J. Washington and OT D.J. Young.

Washington is a former Eagles draft pick. The Rams gave Lutzenkirchen a look as an undrafted free agent from Auburn, but he failed to stick out in camp.
There is 2 Washingtons on the roster and there was a mixup. From what we know, Brandon is still on the roster.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BonifayRam said:
Rams are down to 9 OL'ers with a big question mark about Sean Hooey OT.

OT's
Jake Long
Rodger Saffold
Joe Barksdale

OG's
Harvey Dahl
Chris Williams
Shelley Smith

OC
Scott Wells
Tim Barnes
Barrett Jones
This is what I thought it would be, with the probability of picking someone else up in FA.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/8/30/4676702/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-st-louis-rams-depth-chart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/8/30/ ... epth-chart</a>

The above site indicates both Washington DE & OL have been released.

Nick Wagoner said
A few Rams cuts trickling in: TE Philip Lutzenkirchen, OL Brandon Washington being released today.

Not so sure how reliable this site is though.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:
kurtfaulk said:
DR RAM said:
BonifayRam said:
Rabid Ram said:
so how many cuts left
Rams are below 53 presently. Big surprise is Brandon Washington OT/OG still on roster.

Rams waived TE Philip Lutzenkirchen, G/C Brandon Washington, S Rashard Hall, WR Nicholas Johnson, CB Drew Thomas, DE R.J. Washington and OT D.J. Young.

Washington is a former Eagles draft pick. The Rams gave Lutzenkirchen a look as an undrafted free agent from Auburn, but he failed to stick out in camp.
There is 2 Washingtons on the roster and there was a mixup. From what we know, Brandon is still on the roster.

if you look at the list there they have both been cut.

A55VA6

Legend
kurtfaulk said:
A55VA6 said:
kurtfaulk said:
DR RAM said:
BonifayRam said:
Rabid Ram said:
so how many cuts left

if you look at the list there they have both been cut.

Wagnor said Brandon has not been cut.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/373548405378658304[/tweet]

CoachO

Hall of Fame
BonifayRam said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/8/30/4676702/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-st-louis-rams-depth-chart

Nick Wagoner said
A few Rams cuts trickling in: TE Philip Lutzenkirchen, OL Brandon Washington being released today.

If you follow Wagoner on Twitter, he admitted he jumped the gun with BRANDON WASHINGTON....

SO, unless someone else can confirm it, I think we still have to "find" one more cut.....

And has anyone seen anything confirming Hooey has been released?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
CoachO said:
BonifayRam said:
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/8/30/4676702/nfl-roster-cuts-2013-st-louis-rams-depth-chart

Nick Wagoner said

If you follow Wagoner on Twitter, he admitted he jumped the gun with BRANDON WASHINGTON....

SO, unless someone else can confirm it, I think we still have to "find" one more cut.....

And has anyone seen anything confirming Hooey has been released?

No nothing on Sean Hooey. Hooey would make #54 at this time on my bad math.

I watched the full game earlier today & found that Brandon Washington played the entire first half @ OLG. His play @ OLG was IMO the best he has played. The second half he played the ORT post and fared well without any mistakes or whiffs. So he played the entire game with the offense. Up to this game he has only played on the right side @ OG & OT. I am NOT upset with him still hanging in on the roster so far. That would make 10 OL'ers guess Washington being able to play 3 posts really helped him when compared to most of the others released thus far.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
9-DL'ers

Long
Quinn
Sims
Hayes
River (R)
Brockers
Langford
Cudjo
Conrath

6 -LB'ers
JL
Spoon
Tree (R)
Armstrong (R)
Bates (R)
Stewart (R)

5- afeties
McDonald (R)
McLeod
Daniels
Stewart
Giordano

5-CB's
Finnegan
JJ
T.Johnson
Pointer
McGee(R)

7 rookies made it thus far on defense.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Sorry, had to wait for my daughter to finish her chores so she could read for me.

DR RAM giving me clarification:
No, I mean which players are you shocked by being cut?

Josh Hull, Ty Nsekhe and Cody Davis.

X trying to get to the bottom of the problem:
I notice no difference. You sure you didn't accidentally -zoom the page?
Here's a screenshot of how I see your theme.

I didn't even know we had zoom capabilities. :lol: Where's the snti-zoom button?
The screen shot is the same as everything else. The only thing I can compare it to is the PD font which is larger. Maybe it's just my eyes giving me problems.

It's not that big of a deal but I have to get used to this.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Both Davis', Hull, and Johnson/Veltung are the cuts that stand out to me the most.

Hull probably shocks me the most since that means the Rams would be carrying 4 UDFA LBs, correct? A. Davis was probably cut due to performance, but he really never ran with any 1s. He has more upside than Clemens.

Veltung/Johnson cuts mean, IMO, they view Cook more as a WR than a TE.

Cody being cut doesn't really shock me, but Daniels stepped up his game. Hopefully Woodard and Martin are signed to the PS.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
I din't even know we had zoom capabilities. :lol: Where's the snti-zoom button?
The screen shot is the same as everything else. The only thing I can compare it to is the PD font which is larger. Maybe it's just my eyes giving me problems.

It's not that big of a deal but I have to get used to this.
I made it bigger (you might have to refresh a couple of times)
It's pretty freaking big now, but it's only you and two others who use it, so....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm not surprised by any of these cuts, not even Hull (who is in the final year of his rookie contract). Only thing that shocked me is that Brandon Washington and Sean Hooey survived, but they're probably going to be gone when we scour the free agent market and find guys to replace them. I think that we'll pick up at least one O-lineman.

wolfman84

Rookie
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chase Reynolds, Brandon Washington, and Sean Hooey can't all be on the roster and be at 55. Maybe there's an injury settlement being worked with Hooey.