My 2023 RAMBLINGs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK but did you enjoy reading it as much as usual. Tell the truth now.
The Truth will set you Free. Will say I’m trying to change the way I post.My views aren’t as important or meaningful as maybe I care to care about?
—Figure that one out!!
That said is as much as things aren’t the same they are the same-weird

Breakdown of 2023 with draft picks & signings during the end of OTA’s

oldnotdead

Legend
Ranking position groups during OTAs is an exercise in futility. OTAs are when they are experimenting and simply getting a feel for what rookies' and new arrivals' strengths and weaknesses are. It's all just bored media BS.

For example, they are probably looking at whether they want both Young and Hampton in opposite each other as their base edges or simply Young and Hoecht with Young and Mathis in more traditional OLB roles. They really won't have time to experiment like that in TC where they will be installing the offense and defense.

On the OL they are experimenting on different combinations as well. So in essence how can you possibly grade position groups when teams themselves are shuffling players around to determine who is going to be in what group in TC. Now if they want to do in midway through TC then I can understand that. But now is just plain stupid stuff because it's meaningless. This is especially true with so many rookies and FNGs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Haven’t broke down much as far as defense— but what really matters is how Top Heavy The Rams are in the Offense.

Kupp & Stafford are getting paid what they’re WORTH under contracts & AGE(experience & production) in the NFL careers.

1.QB- there won’t (ever?) be Ram QB that is a HOF who was more of anything than what Matthew has or will do as a RAM!!! Cost,experience,& quality?
(Does Jared Goff win a Superbowl?)

2.WR - I mean I can’t say ENOUGH about Cooper Kupp as a Ram being a 3rd Home Grown!!!
Van Jefferson contract year coming off an INJURY!! Now put him with a healthy Kupp(veteran)!! Those 2 being together 1 & 2 vs Woods(veteran) & Kupp.

2.RB- whatever Cam Akers has ever been as a Ram 2023 WILL BE His BEST EVER to date at 2023.Can we say CONTRACT YEAR at 23 years (young) ?K.Williams like the article say can be a 3rd down back. He didn’t have a training camp(really),but got some 80% healthy reps during 2022 preseason.
Now with T.Evans from the SEC gets to compete at RB.

3. TE - Tyler Higbee (HEALTHY) is 100% during OTA’s & probably The Best supporting cast at TE since he has been a Ram! G.Everett was a good & Johnny.Tyler is set up to have a Top(1-3) 3 career seasons if he stays healthy,which I suspect he will with better BLOCKING TE’s in this 2023.Which makes each SNAP more productive.He does it all so NFL Teams can’t predict a certain play call as well.Making it harder for teams to dial in on Sean Mcvay(Lafleurs) play calling.

Offensive Line - Defense- special teams are there own groups.

The DEFENSE is encouraging & how that plays out is anybody’s guess? I will PREDICT EARNest Brown & The Brown Bri’s will make some NOISE upfront with AD99!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ranking position groups during OTAs is an exercise in futility. OTAs are when they are experimenting and simply getting a feel for what rookies' and new arrivals' strengths and weaknesses are. It's all just bored media BS.

For example, they are probably looking at whether they want both Young and Hampton in opposite each other as their base edges or simply Young and Hoecht with Young and Mathis in more traditional OLB roles. They really won't have time to experiment like that in TC where they will be installing the offense and defense.

On the OL they are experimenting on different combinations as well. So in essence how can you possibly grade position groups when teams themselves are shuffling players around to determine who is going to be in what group in TC. Now if they want to do in midway through TC then I can understand that. But now is just plain stupid stuff because it's meaningless. This is especially true with so many rookies and FNGs.

DUDE - OLD ,man you make a lot of CRAZY VIEWS IMO. There is some good insight at times which I like to read.Then there is that what you call stupid stuff your claim here.

—If your looking at what I just posted about the offense you WON’T see in OTA’s or Preseason!!

Now if you get your BUTT to Training Camp then we’re talking!! BubbaRam & Veteran Ram will be doing their thing & sometimes find themselves in VIP seating. Funny to see with BEERS to BOOT!!
—I’ll just say from my views if going for (since they’ve been in So.Cal(Oxnard) ) I’ve seen a lot.Before Todd Gurley & your boy Havenstien.2016 was actually there rookie years.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LMAO - Raheem Morris & Derion Kendrick’s got so much CRAP!!

LOTS of CROW to be ATE in 2023.

Add Earnest Brown will be a BIGGER PART of The Rams defense than ANY RAM FAN thinks.
Downtown Brown doesn’t even think The Brown Bro’s are a thing.Any Rams Fan than doesn’t have that vision of the 3rd season in NFL is when you know how good a player will be. Needs to look no FURTHER than The Brown Bro’s & The 2021 Draft.

nighttrain

Legend
LMAO - Raheem Morris & Derion Kendrick’s got so much CRAP!!

LOTS of CROW to be ATE in 2023.

Add Earnest Brown will be a BIGGER PART of The Rams defense than ANY RAM FAN thinks.
Downtown Brown doesn’t even think The Brown Bro’s are a thing.Any Rams Fan than doesn’t have that vision of the 3rd season in NFL is when you know how good a player will be. Needs to look no FURTHER than The Brown Bro’s & The 2021 Draft.
was a pretty good draft, with the exception of Atwell in the second round, could have got him later I think.
train

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
was a pretty good draft, with the exception of Atwell in the second round, could have got him later I think.
train
Yes - The Rams could have got him later.

Cooper Kupp is mentoring Tutu Atwell.He got some excellent NFL experience with lesser O’Line & younger QB’s.

Now that The Rams drafted Steve Avila the protection should be good.Matthew Stafford is healthy as well. Brandon Powell was a HUGH pickup & as Mcvay says football is the ultimate team game. Without him The Rams don’t win a Superbowl.He went to the Vikings.Point being Tutu Atwell will be The Rams PR guy again.
That was a lot to ask from a 5’8 148 pound rookie.He is probably up to 165 now? He has long arms for his size & a nice catch radius.
—I don’t believe you can say where he was drafted when you’re looking at the WHOLE group of draft picks.It’s more about NFL players & their skill level.
— - plus you need to look at the draft as a WHOLE,not just Creed Humpries.The Rams won a Superbowl first.Still could you imagine The Rams with Creed Humpries & KC without him.They would have had Austin Blythe starting & Mahome would have gotten crushed.(Gino did well though with Blythe).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Haven’t got into the defense much,but like the core youth.
Jordan Fuller will lead the DB’s.I think he plays smart & helps with reading the plays.Pleasant is really big on communication,so IMO that will help a lot. —Wondering how the DB’s look without Rapp & Ramsey. Still PISSED they messed up against the NINER’s in 2019.Twice - then on Jan 2,2022 they fight on the field.Rams got lucky to win that game. The rest is history. Raheem Morris places a phone call & EW solidify s his HOF career with a Superbowl victory.
Remembering Aubrey with Talib & Eric in training camp.He’s a players coach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Offensive Line -

The way I see it is Steve Avila at LG for David Edwards.

LT - Noteboom
LG -SA
C- Allen
RG- Jackson
RG - Big Rob

I think the Bookends are in place & Notebooms job to lose.How the guards look ? I like AJ Jackson next to Big Rob. They MAUL - Avila would help Noteboom in being comfortable??

That’s my view going into training camp. The first week gives an idea. The 2nd week is when we as Ram Fans will have an excellent idea of the starting group.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
EARNEST BROWN & Brown Bro’s!!

Going to Training Camp for years & watching Rams Games certain players get lost in the shuffle of Ram Fans & Reporters.

I’ll give you M. Hoecht as an example of how going into a 3rd season in The NFL is the Silver Lining.Morgan Fox was another example with say Greg Gaines to follow.
That SMART guy was a player I use to say The Rams won’t win a Superbowl with.Still a player like that stuck around under Wade.
Last season the late pick from division 3 got cut after his 2nd season.
Raheem let Hollins walk & make the best for his career & Terrell Lewis was straight up let go.
—In comes EARNEST BROWN!! He got a career start & looked good upfront!! He is a BIG DE who can move inside. A Micheal Brockers type.
1. EARNEST has been a Sponge learning from A”Robinson who has a veteran leader.Bobby Brown was on the PED list.
2.Earnest got cut at some point,sort of like Johan Williams who I like. The thing is Brown has more Upside.
3.Brown was playing at a high level who works hard & continues to get better!

Ram Fans need to OPEN there EYES & will notice Earnest Brown before he is a Household name.Ram reporters stink when they don’t have vision of Ram Players who’s out there starting & running around. In fact will probably be a team leader.He is a Rams first player that is WE not ME guy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ram Fans need to know 2 thing about Bobby Brown.

He is only 22 years old going into his 3rd season as a Ram!!

Big Fan of the Brown Bro’s. They both have been working under Eric Henderson who is one of The Best D”Line coaches in The NFL.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ram Fans need to know 2 thing about Bobby Brown.

He is only 22 years old going into his 3rd season as a Ram!!

Big Fan of the Brown Bro’s. They both have been working under Eric Henderson who is one of The Best D”Line coaches in The NFL.
Need to find a backup NT, keep an eye on Broncos Elijah Garcia, he was poached of the Rams PS by a different regime, if cut, Rams could claim him to back up Bobby Brown.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Need to find a backup NT, keep an eye on Broncos Elijah Garcia, he was poached of the Rams PS by a different regime, if cut, Rams could claim him to back up Bobby Brown.

HONESTLY- I’m a BIG EARNEST BROWN FAN!!

Training camp is coming up.NOW is the time Ram Fans buy in & start saying how good a player is or isn’t.
—Greg Gaines is my last real example,but then Hoecht is even another.I can list from 2014 Oxnard seeing Ram players.
— Earnest Brown IMO one of The Biggest Sponges I’ve EVER SEEN!!
I LMAO Jake from (u tube) not having him on the final roster.

Greg Gaines took 3 years to have that breakthrough year.E. Brown was starting at RDE the last 3 games basically.

A’Roninson use to take The Brown Bro’s under his wing.I mean almost literally.Earnest Brown might was CUT by The Rams,but like many players was brought back . J. Williams is even another example.

The best example I have of Earnest Brown without being at training camp yet is a picture of Morgan Fox & Michael Brokers.He seems like an adopted child,or a child they had together.
Weird for all the bud light haters.
(St.Louis & LA Rams history)Hiw far a Missouri Ram has been forgotten & not excepted.
—If you saw their relationship & compassion of TEAM.Eric Henderson has this D’Line group so tight it’s amazing.

My view of E.Brown though is his size like Brockers.His willingness to learn & team is Morgan Fox.

The 2020 Morgan Fox & Greg Gaines lining up inside in Staley’s rotation.
I just like like Hoecht that E.Brown can move around & brings an Edge to his game along with being able to line up inside.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add to The D’Line.It’s exciting times. I think The Fire of the Coaching Staff willl Shine Day 1!

A Player like Earnest Brown just like Ernest Jones is they are more of The VETERAN LEADERS that has been passed down by all of Mcvay’s past players.

Seeing the relationship has been cool.I saw in the New Episode of Rams 1 2023 Cam Akers & Jefferson pushing each other in OTA’s as an example.

Brockers & Fox when AD99 held out. Corey & Brycen Harper. Kupp & Bobby Trees.
Peter’s,Pleasant & Talib. E.Henderson & AD99 taking an extra rep for him showing by example for coach.
—Mcvay & Stafford

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well The Rams are gearing up to start training camp.Last year it was sort of SAD. Matthew Stafford was hurt & you’d just about keep holding your breath he would be alright.Wolford was running the offense & then all of a sudden there goes this ball deep into the air.
—Tutu Atwell was to fast for the backup QB’s & you’d go who throw that & man is Atwell fast.
Of course seeing Matthew Stafford making the throw gave confidence that his arm was alright.
Excited to see Matthew Stafford running the Offense 100% as a Ram for the first time in training camp. TUTU ATWELL is going to benefit from it.His rookie season he got Covid & was banged up in training camp.
—Looking forward to seeing where Sean Mcvay’s focus will be coming out the gate.Van Jefferson & Kupp going against the DB’s is going to be Great.Pleasant is going to be VOCAL.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Enjoyed training camp - now the season will be here before we know it.

Brycen Hopkins was my standout.I think he will add a little extra something The Rams haven’t had since Gerald TE Everett left & Mundy as well.

I look for the TE’s(group) to have a BIG season . 1,000 yards 10 TD’s. That’s a neat forcast & or ballsy prediction. @end of season(look).

The offensive line is another thing that showed depth.

My GF loved K. Williams & his exciting energy.He is going to be tough out of the backfield.

The Robinson & Johnson WR’s add The WR group some serious veteran depth along with the young WR’s.
-Kupp looked a step slower & then got hurt.IMO he is just GREAT & WILL be back to his normal self.He just makes plays & Stafford trust him. That TD catch though from Bennett was a thing of BEAUTY for RAM Fans.Probably the Highlight of Training Camp. Such Copper’esk

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Moving on though - The D’Front looks good.Copeland has just been a nice piece of The Rams Defense.
The Brown Bro’s keep working hard. Bobby Brown is a Player I sort of Love.

In training camp he made a stop of a drive.He pounded his chest & was pumped up.Good energy.

In the preseason game against the Chargers he chased a QB out of bounds on a hustle play.Thise are The Plays that show me his speed & grit.Having a 300 lbs player running that fast to the sidelines is an excellent site to see on any defense. He packs a punch as well.
-Eric Henderson is working hard with this guys as well.IMO A’Robinson will be missed more than Greg Gaines.He really was a Center (DT) of The Rams Defensive Front.He also mentored The Brown Bro’s.

—I’ve been saying it from Day 1 that these guys will make a positive impact on The Tams Defense. NOW The RAMS BRASS is showing there TRUST!!

2023 he they come . Williams & Murch will have to help as well.