My 2023 RAMBLINGs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The draft being what it is I’ll just start by saying.

As a Draftnik I always look for value of players of need.Meaning
finding that player that will make the Biggest Difference & propel The (RAMS) Team.

In The Rams case there is so many needs.I like RB’s. There is so much value in these guys.Look back at Zack & D. Richardson as throwing darts,but can be nice additions. Pick earlier & can really find quality as well. Add- KR/PR playmaker types as well(Sproles).

Then you have those EDGE Rushers.I’ll do this on Rams draft history .
—I drink the KOOL-AIDE this article gets me though.It hurts because evaluating players is HUGE. Bobby Evans last year against Tampa Bay(Rapp). KILLED The Rams season!! Which was in hindsite The Best thing to EVER happen for their future.
Kendrick (Yeast) K. Williams are players that Les Snead will hit on.I say that because of YOUTH!!

I like OLDER Players Early.They will make most first impacts?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Never thought I’d see this RAMS 2023 team just get DEPLETED!!

NEW BEGINNINGS!!

My hope is K. Mack & A’Shawn Robinson as Rams.

Big on a Bigger or Workhorse type of RB to go with Tutu.I like Zach Charbonnet because he fits that RB spot for FOUR SEASONS.

If Mcvay & Rams pay Todd Gurley what they did. The RAMS need that type of a player. My point also being Cam Akers is going to be a FREE AGENT!!

I’m also a BELIEVER of The Franchise Tag. Baltimore & Lamer is ONE thing.

Going into & will ALWAYS be in BELIEVE in Todd Gurley should have HAD to play out his CONTRACT!!! Plus a RB’s VALUE is FAR LESS than a QB!! Like I said D. Cook was there in 2017 even after SIGNING GURLEY.
(Cook-Kupp-Kittle)

In Jared Goff a QB is breaking The Bank. Still PLAYOUT your Contract!! The Rams could have DRAFTED JALEN HURTS!! Probably still drafted Cam Akers instead of
Van Jefferson who SAT THE BENCH his ROOKIE season (J. Reynolds)

I know Matthew Stafford won a Superbowl,but just to add The Rams could have had TRENT WILLIAMS for the cheap ??? He is making BANK!!

THE RAMS need a SWING LT/RT. I’d DRAFT a TOP 10 TACKLE EARLY
Rams TOP 3 Picks !!! Draft Day ?? Let’s see.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just have to add thoughts. It’s not an easy choice.I like a good running game. I always look for Top Backs.

1.IMO - this is a perfect fit & timing.
2.drafting a RB in the draft is EXCELLENT VALUE.
3.Cam Akers having less Carries & The Youngest Ram still would make him an excellent player to sign as a FA.
4.The Todd Gurley effect of 5 years is the Self Live of a NFL RB.
5. Rams need a BIGGER RB late in games &(3rd) short yard situations.

Can The Rams find a RB in 2023 draft ? Yes,but solidifying The Run Game would balance The (team)Offense.

OT & OLB/DE are must as well as CB’s. There is some nice talent. I took a shot at it in the live draft.I’m not Great at it,but I would be Very Happy with The Players available.

#36 Zach Charbonnet RB
#69 Jaelyn Duncan OT
#77 Andre Carter 111 - DE/Edge
#167Mekji Garner -Cb
#171 Daniel Scott -S
#177 Richard Gouraige
#182 Jake Moody - K
# 189 Alex Austin - cb
#191 Ali Gaye - Edge
#223 Robert Beal - Edge
#251 Cameron Young - DL

Far fetched but still shows there is a lot of nice young talent.

This MOCKis the only one I’ve done live, shows the concept EDGE & OT . The Rams with A’ JACKSON at LG with Noteboom should be SOLID!!

I think LoCKking Jackson Up should be looked at plus Finding Noteboom(Havienstien’s) replacement.

Bruss is a question mark,but with a New O’Line coach & solid rehab ? AJ Arcuri(Kendrick) is a guy I Like!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Draft has passed 2023 Rams schedule just came out.

Rams Schedule

Now The ROOKIE CLASS joins OTA’s in the morning.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Demoff not to happy with schedule.I believe his complaint is valid & it sticks out like a sore thumb.I guess from not looking at it to closely though. DIVISION GAMES first 2? Is that a trend ?
—The NINER’s lost opening day on road to Da Bears.As I say that,why not send The Rams to Green Bay game 1. The switch would have been good,because Washington State (hags) November 5th problem solved with The Rams schedule request.Not asking much & NINER’s went to NFC Central to start the season 2022.
— Plus would have honored Mcvays 1st Season with The Rams to NOW with Mike Lafluer going against brother Matt GB’s HC. Especially a neutral game from training camp.
—Studying for a division team?Sean Mcvay’s prep would be solid.
https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2023/5/11/23720651/rams-schedule-2023-kevin-demoff-primetime

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Guess The Best way to go about it is 22 to 23 comparisons.

QB - Stafford is coming into his 3rd season with Sean Mcvay as under his belt. Backups could have ok upside.
Having a longer offseason & not having pain throwing the football is Important!!Don’t see the downside.Missing training camp & not connecting with Allen Robinson hurt.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think The Rams running game is going to get much improved.

—Cam Akers really stepped up at the end of last season.He bought into working on pass protection as well.
-K. Williams is a player that was hurt early & found his way onto the field for some NFL experience.
—Zach Evans looks really confident early & should be solid as he pushes for playing time.
—Rivers actually surprised when given the chance his rookie year.
—Jake Funk was sort of a JOKE as a RB.He was ok on special teams.

I’d have to gives this group as an upgrade & could be at least a Top 15 running team ?

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I think The Rams running game is going to get much improved.

—Cam Akers really stepped up at the end of last season.He bought into working on pass protection as well.
-K. Williams is a player that was hurt early & found his way onto the field for some NFL experience.
—Zach Evans looks really confident early & should be solid as he pushes for playing time.
—Rivers actually surprised when given the chance his rookie year.
—Jake Funk was sort of a JOKE as a RB.He was ok on special teams.

I’d have to gives this group as an upgrade & could be at least a Top 15 running team ?
Huh? Jake Funk was cut by the Rams months ago. Is he back or something?

~ArkyRamsFan~

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Huh? Jake Funk was cut by the Rams months ago. Is he back or something?

~ArkyRamsFan~
Was is past tense,amd
The FACT he is gone makes The Rams depth that much stronger in 2023.D.Henderson is gone as well.He
Never had the heart to be a very successful RB.I think in Zach Evans we will see a much stronger RB in short yardage & still has that brake ability to take it to the House.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add IMO this article sums up a couple points.Everyone has their view. I’ll make mine.

To this point of where The Rams are as in RB’s.I see Can Akers as The MAN!! The # that BLOWS my MIND is 23!!
1. The Rams(will)need to sign Cam Akers(Can Jefferson)to at least a 3 year extension.He(they) are taking on Leadership roles.
2.As the article says.Pass Blocking.IMO that was the MAIN cause of him being put on the Trading Block.He learned a HUGE lesson,but his response if you look at the video (best PB ever) the response was Excellent.
3.The way Cam Akers finished 2022 season with like 4 of 5 games with 100 yard games.Serious Encouragement!!
4..Just to add how he is The Main RB.His number is going to be RUNG a lot.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is a good photo of where Can Akers is at.Ever since his rookie season he has never really been 100%.
1684921952727.png

The start of 2022 Mcvay called D.Henderson & Can Akers for being out of Shape & Not Ready to start the season.
This photo shows how far a long Cam Akers has EVER been as a NFL RB at only 23 years of age.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is just adding The Big Difference in Matthew Stafford EVER as a RAM

Talking health and leadership.Plus I’ll add to a Lead Up on The Rams.Right Now though having extra camp ARMS just really makes The Rams better All-Around!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This TE group is going to be much improved.This Davis Allen is just what the Dr. Ordered.A blocking TE with excellent catch radius & sure hands.

1684923863583.png

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
How HIGBEAST is looking so Fresh is awesome.He has been a Team Leader,but his growth as a player & person is what excites me.We can all look back at NFL History. —I think Tyler Higbee is The Best Rams TE I’ve ever seen & he is only going to get better.

1684924153893.png

A simple thing like cutting his hair shows to me a lot of growth & maturity.Little Old School like that,but his mindset will exceed his play as a Leader!!His knowledge & understanding of Mcvay’s offense is as good as any Ram.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Have to add Kupp & Big Rob Havienstien with Higbee have been the CORE on running & mixing things up while making them all look the same.
There run blocking as a group will also help The Running Game.They’ve been doing since Gurley’s Days.
1684924658588.png