My 2023 RAMBLINGs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Fans (myself) Tutu Atwell.

We have(most everybody else) talked about T. Lewis.

—My point is I look back at my track record & the basic concesss
on players & drafts.

Noteboom hurt
Allen (has been always hurt)
Akers hurt
HENDO hurt
Lewis hurt
Van was hurt
Edwards hurt
Tutu hurt

Players get hurt but T. Lewis was a guy everyone got upset because of his injury history.

Looking back at the 2020 draft there were so many Excellent Players. The Rams were sitting pretty.

This guy instead of Lewis would have helped The Rams more.

BTW - I never liked Bruss or knew much about him. The Rams theme should have been in 2020 not 2022. Talk about a
Bad-Azz mistake!! We complain about Tutu,but come on.I guess if Snead learned from 2020 in 2021 Humphries would have been the pick. Then Bruss is a stretch IMO.
I thought Colbie Bryant was a good fit for LA?
Looking back at Les Snead & Robinson over AD99 still worked out ok. Lol

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Ram Fans (myself) Tutu Atwell.

We have(most everybody else) talked about T. Lewis.

—My point is I look back at my track record & the basic concesss
on players & drafts.

Noteboom hurt
Allen (has been always hurt)
Akers hurt
HENDO hurt
Lewis hurt
Van was hurt
Edwards hurt
Tutu hurt

Players get hurt but T. Lewis was a guy everyone got upset because of his injury history.

Looking back at the 2020 draft there were so many Excellent Players. The Rams were sitting pretty.

This guy instead of Lewis would have helped The Rams more.

BTW - I never liked Bruss or knew much about him. The Rams theme should have been in 2020 not 2022. Talk about a
Bad-Azz mistake!! We complain about Tutu,but come on.I guess if Snead learned from 2020 in 2021 Humphries would have been the pick. Then Bruss is a stretch IMO.
I thought Colbie Bryant was a good fit for LA?
Looking back at Les Snead & Robinson over AD99 still worked out ok. Lol

I will disagree with Bruss, again, because he's a rookie. And Cobie Durant deserves to be in the slot over David Long; at least the former can make plays on the ball.

I won't say that I give up on Derion Kendrick yet. He's a rookie playing lots of snaps, and if he's put in the right positions, I think he does a solid job.

I still won't give up on the 2021 fourth round picks. BB3 has shown flashes (I'd still give precedence to Hoecht and J-Will because they've been there longer, but next year is where he's going to shine.), Rochell has shown flashes (albeit not this year, but I think he could easily be an upgrade over our current outside corner position, and yes, I'm including Hill, Kendrick, and Long.), and while Jacob Harris may not be the future tight end I hoped for, he could still make an impact on special teams and carve out a role in the league (my reasoning is that he was always going to be a project, and injuries haven't helped...but I wouldn't exactly call him injury-prone yet.)

Atwell has proven me wrong. I only wish that they'd give him more snaps, more routes to run, and that he would immediately go down before a receiver touches him like Bruce and Holt did; it'll extend his career.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I will disagree with Bruss, again, because he's a rookie. And Cobie Durant deserves to be in the slot over David Long; at least the former can make plays on the ball.

I won't say that I give up on Derion Kendrick yet. He's a rookie playing lots of snaps, and if he's put in the right positions, I think he does a solid job.

I still won't give up on the 2021 fourth round picks. BB3 has shown flashes (I'd still give precedence to Hoecht and J-Will because they've been there longer, but next year is where he's going to shine.), Rochell has shown flashes (albeit not this year, but I think he could easily be an upgrade over our current outside corner position, and yes, I'm including Hill, Kendrick, and Long.), and while Jacob Harris may not be the future tight end I hoped for, he could still make an impact on special teams and carve out a role in the league (my reasoning is that he was always going to be a project, and injuries haven't helped...but I wouldn't exactly call him injury-prone yet.)

Atwell has proven me wrong. I only wish that they'd give him more snaps, more routes to run, and that he would immediately go down before a receiver touches him like Bruce and Holt did; it'll extend his career.
Bruss needs to get stronger & he is signed for another 3 seasons,so he has to make the roster?
Harris got hurt again on special teams & stinks.
I liked Williams,but he is a twinner & don’t think he makes it past training camp.
—Yes David Long never panned out & Rapp might actually get The Rams a Comp pick?
Nice positive post & like the competition.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He somehow knew this wasn't going to be our year.

Funny Soul Surfer - cool thing is just goin out there & getting wet.Waiting for that next wave. Never know exactly if you can get a memorable set.

I’ll continue my Rants here.
2022 season will have a way of being special In it’s own way.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well Tutu Atwell is getting that playing time you were asking for.
I’m watching the GB game.The Raider game was a bigger coming out.
Right before half(GB) Baker throws a crossing route(Aikman made crap statement like if no one was there) & Tutu Atwell dropped it.Mayfield put on him & hit his hands. Then on 2nd down he tried him on a out.Rob needs to protect the backside better.
—I say this because The Rams could have gone it 10-10 before half.

Durrant was in on a Goal Line Stance(wtf) as a inside CB.I like him there but why 5 up front & 5 DB’s at the 1 ? Bobby Wagner & E.Jones out?

J. Williams has been one of my favorites even before he got cut & cameback from the Vikings.As much as I say he is a twinner he always plays with heart.—Who know though with Robinson & Gaines being FA’s?

Greg Freaking Gaines is a MUST sign.He has given The Rams more than they will ever pay him from his draft standpoint. Now Hoecht next to him is FUN to watch.

Hoecht was mic’d up & shows his energy.He keeps Greg Gaines & Floyd.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess I’m going to keep my rants separate and short.Try more compacted,but impacted ?

I try to pick up on things I see & here video , ideas,photos,interviews,
game & even here say, &my silly
opinion.

-Mic’d up AD99 has done them.I at least one the last couple years.The NFL stand for not so long.

Hoecht really gets into the smelling slat to keep fired up.His energy level against GB was amazing throwing that things around.What I’ve seen is AD99 doing it as well.Both getting after that stuff.

—Anyway watch AD99 Mic’d up & Greg Gaines needs to get PAID!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Might as well keep my Rambling fresh. Crazy Times Right Now!! Meaning The changes & direction The Rams go moving forward into 2023.

2022 was what it was. Confusing.IMO I do think The Rams had a Great Chance to make The Playoffs in 2022.I’d say lossing games the way they did was not bad after the Tampa Game.Brady got lucky to make the Playoffs.(Giants/ as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Start with QB -

Stafford sat out & could have comeback IMO.
Wolford finally got exposed.
Perkins Project finally got blown up.
Mayfield SAVED The Rams. He brought life back.

Future is Matthew Stafford is the starter.

Rams need a backup & ARMS(Staffords snaps counts) & how that is done will be interesting.

Mayfield will earn Rams a COMP Pick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
RB - The Rams went with smaller RB’s. Cam Akers had an attitude of,not caring about Pass Pro.When The O’Line went South then it came very apparent he wanted to be a DIVA.
Henderson proved that he didn’t like to pay through pain & wasn’t putting in the effort The Rams needed from him.(GONE)
K. Williams rookie season let him know what The NFL is all about & he will be ready for 2023.
Cam Akers finished 2022 season strong.Against Chargers he had a Great Block.His mind is in the right place,but he becomes a FA in 2024. Expect an Excellent Season!!
-Rams need a Bigger RB added in FA or Draft.A player for the next 3 seasons.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
WR - as it looks I could see Robert Woods coming back to The Rams. Cooper Kupp & Bobby Trees are pure Brothers.I say in a way it is a Brian Song type of story? I just think In SPIRIT it means a lot to The Rams & Mcvay as well? — I don’t know.

The beauty would be to also have OBJ sign with The Rams.
Cutch,Sko, & Atwell all develop.
Then there is Jefferson.

—Mcvay(Snead) seem to find players that help. Powell is still a nice PR/WR. I called the poor man’s Debo.
—Never understood why Mcvay & Snead went the way they did last season.A. Robinson I sort of had to TRUST their vision? Still then trading Woods? —Van & OBJ were hurt.Woods coming off his knee injury.
—-That is where for site was suppose to have come in play with RG/C the season before.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I guess Offensive line will be the Big Issue?

Start with Bruss who didn’t play.
- next OLman drafted.

Point being is counting on a Rookie is a risk. One player worked out the never did. I didn’t like Careberry & said so for awhile.David Edwards just got worse.- which brings up what his NFL future is?

I can only hope for The Best,but a SWING T is important.A rookie would be nice & given a chance to start..

Flint

Pro Bowler
Interesting that the titans had Woods returning kicks , that seems weird for a veteran unless he volunteered which is possible.
Sometimes you don’t realize what you had til it’s gone, Woods excellence in McVay’s offense doesn’t necessarily translate as we saw, same with ARob , in reverse.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Love me some So Ram you are a passionate fan and I respect that. I just have to take a moment and extract the info in a way that is digestible.
Once my rosetta stone cools off you I have some great info to read through ;)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Interesting that the titans had Woods returning kicks , that seems weird for a veteran unless he volunteered which is possible.
Sometimes you don’t realize what you had til it’s gone, Woods excellence in McVay’s offense doesn’t necessarily translate as we saw, same with ARob , in reverse.
I will always remember 2021 how hard Robert Woods works & as fast as he is. I felt like he was a Superman type person.
—He beat Jalen Ramsey is training camp on like an out.He turned with the ball by that fence(middle end zone) walking with my head down.
I looked up like to cross a street & here is Robert Woods with his Dark Face masked helmet shine is the sun. Think I could see reflection. Scary feeling thinking I couldn’t get away from him if he wanted to hit me full speed.
My first experience was going to Carson Field against the Chargers scrimmage looking for tickets. His mom was there introducing herself in style as a Happy Ram mom. I think the Dad was on the steps.
Over the years watching Kupp & Woods together was Great! His dad dying the week in between the Superbowl & Woods not playing stunk.
Kupp returning Punts is something I’ve hated.I know in 2021 Tutu Atwell got hurt that way. Then The Rams signed Powell.
— his leadership at Sc. His mom saying she could walk from tonthat Dominguez stadium from home.She was dressed up beautifully & thought what Class.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Offensive Line will have its core players back & healthy.The depth should be good.
—Shelton will be gone & Noteboom will be brought a king slowly.The Rams need a swing OT.
IMO Mcvay will go with this group & try to coach up.They still need depth.There is a plan as of NOW. Mcvay likes Brewer & Anchrum though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
2023 is a TE friendly draft.

—Time to Rebuild.Higbee is looking older & Hopkins has never really stepped up.He is in a contract year.

The Rams don’t have anything in the pipeline.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The GLARING mistake was not drafting a C/G on 2021. They made it worse by having to draft Bruss.
I think Seattle got it right by the CB’s they drafted,but I believe they came out of 2022 in good shape.Still losing Williams last season Ramsey this year makes it tough.
RR31 not making an impact at all really hurt the depth & is a concern.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The GLARING mistake was not drafting a C/G on 2021. They made it worse by having to draft Bruss.
I think Seattle got it right by the CB’s they drafted,but I believe they came out of 2022 in good shape.Still losing Williams last season Ramsey this year makes it tough.
RR31 not making an impact at all really hurt the depth & is a concern.
Seems we tend to not prioritize OL high in the draft under this regime.