McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
McVay doesn't! There were several times where we had to play a meaningless game on the last day of the regular season against the 9ers and McVay rested all of the starters. Got us to the Super bowl once but usually leave us flat going into the playoffs as well as convincing the 9ers that they are better than us.
That only happened once against the 9ers. We already secured the first round bye that year. That year we definitely would have beat the 9ers. So overall the record could be 4-5 which is around .500. Of course we're on a bad losing streak that we need to rectify.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
You're only really judged by;" What have you done for me lately". Coaches in all sports deal their players this way. Lately, McVay can't get out of his own way. Plus he does not impress me as someone with strong management skills when dealing with his subordinates.
'

Ellard80

Legend
Well me and tons of other Rams fans are not laughing, we are seriously concerned!
It's expected when you get beat 2 games in a row that people start pointing fingers.

But reading some of the stuff you are saying - its comical for sure.

like he does know how to deal with his subordinates? lol

his subordinates are all getting hired to be head coaches.

so he must do something right with them.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I read an interesting quote today,

Sean McVay spoke to reporters Tuesday and explained why the Rams didn’t have Ramsey exclusively covering Samuel or Kittle, opting to use him in a variety of ways.

“I think there’s merit to that,” McVay said of having Ramsey on the opponent’s top receiver. “I think in order to be able to do that with Jalen, you still have to have some other complementary pieces that can go play elsewhere. (Dont’e Deayon) has been a guy that’s done an outstanding job being able to allow Jalen to have that flexibility these last couple of weeks. It was Darious (Williams) earlier in the season, it’s been Double D as of late. So, there’s a lot of layers to it, but there are certainly some instances – and we had that in the second half where he was matched up on some of those guys, but whether it’s Deebo, Kittle even (Brandon) Aiyuk made a couple plays. Definitely want to try to continue to find ways to have Jalen at the point of attack or where you envision offenses want their point of attack player to be, but there are a lot of layers to it.”

If they were to keep him on one side of the field, McVay says the opponent can just target the other side and avoid throwing Ramsey’s way.

“This is all really geared towards the flexibility that Jalen enables us to operate with the different positions he can play, it’s how many different ways can we give him play opportunities?” McVay said. “And those ‘make a difference plays.’ Whereas if you’re exclusively just playing corner on one side or the other, you can basically say, ‘Okay, he’s going to shut out, or we’re going to just be able to stay away from that.’ But he’s not going to be able to impact and influence the game, even though in some ways it kind of does, but he’s just such a physical, tough player that you want to try to have him around the ball as much as possible, take advantage of all the versatility he provides. And I think on a week-to-week basis, that’s predicated on the opponent, how we want to utilize our personnel groupings.”

I think there's merit in that? Okay he's going to shut out or we're going to be able to stay away from that but he's not going to impact the game and influence the game, even though in some ways it does??

These 2 statements confuse me. The part I don't understand is what flexibility is he talking about? The flexibility to have ramsey sometimes cover the other teams 3rd receiver? It's been my understanding that a corner who can take away one side of the field, or even better, the opponents top wideout, is a DC's dream. Sean poo-poos the scenario saying the qb will just throw to where ramsey isn't. Yeah, but he can still do that when he's covering your 3rd receiver only now he can target his best receiver. Which they did with much success. Flexibility concept debunked.

I'm saying right now, they better knock this shit off against green bay because if he's not one on one with adams all night, and adams has a even a good game, I'm gonna be pissed.
I think maybe OC’s are responding to the star, people act like OC’s aren’t going to try to counter. If you can manipulate it and predict where Ramsey will be then you have a chance for a big play. But if you have to spend time finding where he is on a particular play that’s a disadvantage.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have asked this question several times and nobody has yet answered it.

Who would you rather have as a head coach than Sean McVay?

Again, I'll wait.
Name him? That's a near-impossible question to specifically respond to. The question could come from many different coaches. The entire NFL knows that McVay is going to be HD passing at all times with a dinky sprinkle of run plays. Making our opponent's week of preparation easy for them at all times.

I just answer your question my way....

I prefer an HC who actually has enough brainpower & enough self-control to realize that in order to win the ring he has to develop a running game from the beginning of OTA's, prepare to have more than enough RB's to run it due to numerous injuries that take place in this position & an OL that knows how to effectively run block. HC that will use it & keep it well greased helping the OL work out the run game operation throughout the 17 games. The OL operation takes time & actually use.

Having a primarily passing offense depending on wide receivers as the main producers will get you the type of team the Ram have had now since the beginning of 2019.

A good blending of running and passing with the primary design being "run the ball".

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
Name him? That's a near-impossible question to specifically respond to. The question could come from many different coaches. The entire NFL knows that McVay is going to be HD passing at all times with a dinky sprinkle of run plays. Making our opponent's week of preparation easy for them at all times.

I just answer your question my way....

I prefer an HC who actually has enough brainpower & enough self-control to realize that in order to win the ring he has to develop a running game from the beginning of OTA's, prepare to have more than enough RB's to run it due to numerous injuries that take place in this position & an OL that knows how to effectively run block. HC that will use it & keep it well greased helping the OL work out the run game operation throughout the 17 games. The OL operation takes time & actually use.

Having a primarily passing offense depending on wide receivers as the main producers will get you the type of team the Ram have had now since the beginning of 2019.

A good blending of running and passing with the primary design being "run the ball".
Besides the last two super bowl winners who had the 29th ranked rush offense and 27th ranked rush offense.

Also laughed at our "primarily pass offense" because last year we passed the ball 26th least amount out of 32

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
Maybe coach Mcvay should do less Campbells Chunky Soup commercials and spend that time more efficiently such as maybe huddling up with Morris ask him wtf is wrong with your shitty defense? Better fix that crap or you will be eating soup daily because your going to be unemployed bruh oh and one more thing I was thinking what do you think about jalen punting for us too since even Hecker seems lost lately he is a star after all!!!
French fries!? Cmon!!!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I like McVay and think he is still learning and growing. He will be a great HC in the long run.

It is frustrating to see the same game plan with few tweaks though.

I have not watched the game but what I have seen and read makes it look like Morris had no clue on how to prepare for what several ROD members called out before the game. We knew what they would try and yet the team didn’t?? I’m not buying that.

7-3, they need to get to 13 wins with only 7 games left. They better have some come to Jesus moments around there or they’ll be heading to Cabo early.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Besides the last two super bowl winners who had the 29th ranked rush offense and 27th ranked rush offense.

Also laughed at our "primarily pass offense" because last year we passed the ball 26th least amount out of 32
So glad I have been giving you so much to laugh about.

Most certainly you & I have differing opinions & positions on this current Ram issue.

Last edited:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I am less concerned with the coaching than I am with the panic style approach our FO is using. How much is McVay and how much is Snead, I don’t know but we got bent over by the broncos.

The Rams lost a lotta talent from that #1 defense this year, but now we will have very little $$ (without letting more talent walk) and no substantial draft capital to fix the problem. I don’t understand the 1/2 season rental of Miller for a 2nd and 3rd round pick.
We need depth as much as starters because that’s what we lost. That means picks and development.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
And never won a Super Bowl.. which is where it’s tricky with McVay. Is he just good enough to not get there?

They never had the QB in those years and always seemingly lost to Staubach in Dallas and Minnesota.

And frankly, they weren't the 'best' team in the NFC when they went to SB 14 in '80. They got hot and rode the defense all the way there.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I am less concerned with the coaching than I am with the panic style approach our FO is using. How much is McVay and how much is Snead, I don’t know but we got bent over by the broncos.

The Rams lost a lotta talent from that #1 defense this year, but now we will have very little $$ (without letting more talent walk) and no substantial draft capital to fix the problem. I don’t understand the 1/2 season rental of Miller for a 2nd and 3rd round pick.
We need depth as much as starters because that’s what we lost. That means picks and development.

The cap will be going back up next year. I wouldn't panic on the money front quite yet...

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I think maybe OC’s are responding to the star, people act like OC’s aren’t going to try to counter. If you can manipulate it and predict where Ramsey will be then you have a chance for a big play. But if you have to spend time finding where he is on a particular play that’s a disadvantage.

Wouldn't it just be easier to see if ramsey is lining up on your top receiver and if he's not, then throw the ball to that guy. I don't mind a team knowing he will always be on their number one. Until he can figure out how to take away 2 receivers, I'll be happy with him taking away their best one all game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They never had the QB in those years and always seemingly lost to Staubach in Dallas and Minnesota.

And frankly, they weren't the 'best' team in the NFC when they went to SB 14 in '80. They got hot and rode the defense all the way there.
Baltimore won Super Bowls with Dilfer & Flacco. Bottom line, Rams couldn’t get over the hump.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I have been critical of McVay for years now. When the Rams were rolling crappy teams several weeks ago, someone dug up an old post of mine, criticizing McVay. If I recall, the post was from years back, but I am not certain. In any event, the post was criticizing McVay. Some even said how could I not be on the ignore list for such views. My response? It's a long season. Call me back in December. Let's see how McVay does when the weather gets colder and the teams get physical. Hope to be wrong but I suspect he implodes. Etc. Sure enough, here we are. The long season of course cuts both ways though. Maybe this team rights the ship yet!

Hopefully, the Rams and McVay make adjustments and I eat some major crow. We all want to see them succeed and lifting a Lombardi, after all. But maybe next time, fan boys can keep their powder dry before calling out other posters merely for contradictory views. I'm not @ing people now. And if the Rams lose in the playoffs the same way they usually do, i.e. with McVay's finesse offense sputtering, I certainly don't plan on @ing people then either. You'll instead find me in the gym blowing off some steam.