McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What's up with all the Mcvay hate I've been reading in here the last day?

He's the best thing that has ever happened to the Rams. So what if they have a few clunkers a year.

Man how quickly people forget.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Some people on here were suggesting he should be fired lol.

Dude is 35 and we've had four, going on five, winning seasons in a row.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I can’t speak for anyone else..

I’ve given no “hate.”

I’ve criticized things I believe merit criticism and pointed to trends/habits that concern me.

Ellard80

Legend

What's up with all the Mcvay hate I've been reading in here the last day?

He's the best thing that has ever happened to the Rams. So what if they have a few clunkers a year.

Man how quickly people forget.

like took one of the worst teams in the league and in the super bowl year 2.... thats just crazy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not perfect, but he's one of the best HCs in the game. I remember the dark days. I'm glad we have him.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
season 1 episode 21 GIF by mom

TexasRam

Legend
Yea the firing talk is over the top.

I mean if he goes decades without winning the big one then maybe you Marty Shottenhiemer finally give up.

Right now you appreciate him, discuss a few holes in his approach and hope he fixes them.

He is still young and he is very self analytical so there is no reason to think he won’t become better as he gets more experience.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Called out ok but fired is a little excessive. It's sports and fans will speak their mind especially fans committed enough to join a team specific board.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I only say the fired thing with people suggesting Morris needs to be fired.

Because it’s way over the top.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some people on here were suggesting he should be fired lol.

Dude is 35 and we've never had four, going on five, winning seasons in a row.
Actually, we have.... Seven NFC West Championship in a row in the 70's.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I called for Morris' firing last night in the heat of anger, but I really haven't changed my mind. Some regression from last years number #1 Defense is expected. The shyte show I saw last night was a gutless performance. We are missing Brockers and Johnson, for sure, but getting gashed by Frisco nobodies is embarrassingly bad. That STAR position is worthless, when Ramsey should be doing what he does best, which is locking down the other team's best WR all game. Morris' hiring is definitely a FOS hire (Friend of Sean)

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Except for when it happened in the 70s and 80s...
Yeah I combined "we've never had a losing season under him" with "we've had four, going on five, winning seasons in a row." I just forgot to take the "never" part out and can't edit it now.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
IMHO McVay is capable of winning a championship, but he needs to get good luck and also correct mistakes.

2018: injuries to Kupp and Gurley were huge. Goff played lights out in NFCCG. But McVay was clearly outcoached in the SB. (Wade's D was excellent though).

2021: Dead money cap hits for big mistake contracts for Goff and Gurley. Great, daring moves for Stafford, VM, and OBJ. Tough injuries to Woods and a LOT of role players. Fair criticisms that McVay can get into a "rut" and also lose patience with the run. Losing Stanley for Morris looks like a huge downgrade.

Bottom line, I think losing McVay would be insane. Five consecutive winning seasons after a 12-year run of nightmarish ineptitude.

Despite not having top picks, I think once the dead money comes off the books, this team will have plenty of talent to stay relevant for the next few years. McVay is pretty damn great despite some flaws.