McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are we joking at this point with the back and forth on Browns vs Ravens franchises and dates?

You both understand each other perfectly.

And, the sky is blue.
Just having some fun. The Belichick firing is one of those "Mandela Effect" deals.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
McVay was good in the past, not so much in the present. Many of these head coaches are stubborn to a fault and it eventually leads to their demise.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just having some fun. The Belichick firing is one of those "Mandela Effect" deals.

Free Pete Carroll.Free Pete Carroll?

Maybe free Tom Brady, free Tom Brady.
Oh yeah both lost this week.

Where is Aaron Rogers in all of this ? I still think he should have been suspended a game Imo.Don’t care about the drama,just dude was
A blank.

Just posted about this weeks Houston game.Seems interesting to think Fisher was apart of that &’The Big Rams lie. —

If we are talking about firing Mcvay though that is a laugher. I honestly would not been able to go
With a
Jeff Fisher 2 year extension.

Yeah - just look at Goff & Detroit to get a clue(Vanna). Thinking life without Les Snead either would have been hard to deal with as well.

Last edited:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
McVay is not the problem and here is why:

Morris needs to be fired period no need to discuss it to me is obvious.

Second Stafford threw 2 terrible balls in Tenn one should have been thrown into the ground.

Stafford threw over the heads of open receivers, threw behind receivers and ill advised throws like the OBJ bomb he had a clean pocket after rolling out clear vision to see 2 DBs there that ball should have never been thrown OBJ is not Megatron who could go up for a contested ball between 2 defenders. Stafford has shown streaky play, bad judgement at times and lack of accuracy at times and his mental make we must question. There has got to be a reason Detroit never won a playoff game where other QBs similar Brees, Rivers, Eli do - it can't be always the coaches fault.

McVay is not the problem if Stafford doesn't make those super bone head plays we win one of the 2 games between Tenn and SF.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
McVay needs to make adjustments to the offense now every bit as much as Morris needs to make them to the D.

Defenses have enough tape on what they're doing with Stafford that they're not going to beat themselves anymore. McVay needs to incorporate play-action from under center again.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Free Pete Carroll.Free Pete Carroll?

Maybe free Tom Brady, free Tom Brady.
Oh yeah both lost this week.

Where is Aaron Rogers in all of this ? I still think he should have been suspended a game Imo.Don’t care about the drama,just dude was
A blank.

Just posted about this weeks Houston game.Seems interesting to think Fisher was apart of that &’The Big Rams lie. —

If we are talking about firing Mcvay though that is a laugher. I honestly would not been able to go
With a
Jeff Fisher 2 year extension.

Yeah - just look at Goff & Detroit to get a clue(Vanna). Thinking life without Les Snead either would have been hard to deal with as well.
And you quoted me, why?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And never won a Super Bowl.. which is where it’s tricky with McVay. Is he just good enough to not get there?
My fear is that the Rams will be the "training wheels" team for him just like Cleveland was for Belichick. That when his run is over here he'll move to another team and use the lessons he's learning now to rack up championships. And we'll be left all bitter and shit.

I think there's a good chance that's how things happen. But hopefully he'll win one or two here first.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My fear is that the Rams will be the "training wheels" team for him just like Cleveland was for Belichick. That when his run is over here he'll move to another team and use the lessons he's learning now to rack up championships. And we'll be left all bitter and shit.

I think there's a good chance that's how things happen. But hopefully he'll win one or two here first.

I would think Reid would be the better comp.

There's one BB and he's on a different plane than any of the other guys, imo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Training wheels? How many coaches started their career with 5 straight winning seasons? Then throw in the fact that the team he took over hadnt had a winning season in the 14 years prior to his hire
There is no comp for McVay
If he hit the street on an open market, at least half the league would line up to talk to him

poLARizing

UDFA

This is LA not Cleveland. LA is not a "training wheels" team. Los Angeles is star power, hollywood, SoFi stadium, 2nd largest media market in the nation. Where would he go coach next that's bigger than his current situation??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is LA not Cleveland. LA is not a "training wheels" team. Los Angeles is star power, hollywood, SoFi stadium, 2nd largest media market in the nation. Where would he go coach next that's bigger than his current situation??
Stop. Training wheels is meant in terms of him learning how to run the show. To which he's done a good job. But if he doesn't get a ring and we have to rebuild both parties might part ways and then he starts fresh somewhere with all those lessons to mind.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Maybe coach Mcvay should do less Campbells Chunky Soup commercials and spend that time more efficiently such as maybe huddling up with Morris ask him wtf is wrong with your shitty defense? Better fix that crap or you will be eating soup daily because your going to be unemployed bruh oh and one more thing I was thinking what do you think about jalen punting for us too since even Hecker seems lost lately he is a star after all!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I felt the Matt Stafford

just a Mandela effect , you . Free yourself brother. The truth will set you free. Didn’t mean to spend a quarter on your time. Take the whole day off.

-post got messed up actually if I’m reading things right.ie
Who was talking about Stafford? Not me. Mandela effect, when Large population think an event happened that didnt. IE, Belichick getting fired from the Browns. Didnt happen.
Alas....

Flint

Pro Bowler
McVay and Stafford are gonna “come out freaking swinging”, well maybe they need to learn to box a little. McVay is a guy who wants to knock you out, so he just starts throwing haymakers. If you figure that out you can step out of the way and wait for the opening that is sure to come, or wait til he gets tired.
Stafford gets sacked twice in the opening drive against Tennessee and yet here they are looking for a deep shot against the suspect titan secondary deep in their own end. A couple disastrous plays and the game is basically over.
Monday nite prime time game against the struggling niners, let’s get OBJ involved early, that’s what everyone wants to see, except he’s only been on the team a few days, he and Stafford have some kinks to work out. Another wild haymaker that leaves you wide open when you miss.
Teams reflect the demeanor of the coach, the Patriots are calm and methodical, they stick to the plan. The rams seem anxious, everyone trying too hard. That fake field goal was a message to everyone on both teams that they were losing and starting to doubt their ability to come back.
McVay and Snead are trying to maximize the window they have with AD and Jalen and Stafford but it looks like talent isn’t the issue.
Part of Brady and Bill’s greatness was the willingness to exploit your weaknesses, if that meant running it 50 times so be it. That seems really simple and logical but how many times has McVay gone away from the run when it’s working, and if fans can see it and beat writers write about it, coordinators probably have figured it out too.
A couple weeks ago the playoffs looked like a pretty good bet, maybe even a home game but at this rate hanging on to 2nd place in the division might be a stretch.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW