McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Cleveland didnt fire Belichick, Baltimore did.....
“The 1995 season was a murky one for Cleveland and Belichick. After a disappointing 5-11 season, Belichick was fired by then-Browns owner Art Modell despite Belichick reportedly being told previously by Modell that he would be the team's coach upon the franchise's move to Baltimore”

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
“The 1995 season was a murky one for Cleveland and Belichick. After a disappointing 5-11 season, Belichick was fired by then-Browns owner Art Modell despite Belichick reportedly being told previously by Modell that he would be the team's coach upon the franchise's move to Baltimore”
That organization is now the Ravens.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think very few people want him fired, and I'm certainly not one of them. If nothing else, as long as he's here, the Rams will be in the conversation and will make the playoffs most years.

But goddammit, I want to see him fix some of these bad tendencies and habits which have lingered like an open sore that won't go away. I fear that if he doesn't he'll end up being someone like Andy Reid was in Philly - a good coach that could consistently put out a produce that won more than it lost, made the playoffs most years, but could never get over the top.

We know McVay has the intelligence and coaching acumen. But he needs a lot more self-discipline and a lot more introspection, because games like that of last night have happened multiple times in his tenure (particularly since the beginning of the '19 season) and he's done the same thing in those games, over and over and over when his approach was clearly not working. We probably could have finished 11-5 or 12-4 last year had he approached a few games differently, and we could be 8-2 or 9-1 right now, if not even 10-0 had he and his DC had coached better in our three losses.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Anybody who wants him fired right now is a fool.
But he isn't above criticism.

I'm grateful for the McVay era. He's raised my expectations. I don't expect to be embarrassed 2 weeks straight with a loaded team and with a great coach. Either our players aren't as good as we thought or our coaches aren't. Or both. Or our players ARE legit but not performing like it. Or our Coaches are legit but not currently performing like it. Or both.

I think we have the players to play much better than we have on defense all season and I believe that our offense looks explosive, espescially early, but it doesn't seem the least bit deceptive or particularly hard to counter. Take away the deep stuff and watch us try to go deep anyways.
A big reason our backs get 5+ yards a carry is because nobody cares. They know we won't stick with it until it kills them. And they've been right going back a ways now.

I'm nowhere near giving up on McVay. I still think he's the best chance we have for winning a SB. And perhaps once he does win a SB as HC of the Rams, he will be above my criticism and get a pass for shit streaks like these last two weeks. But that hasn't happened yet. Yes, he took us to the big dance... it wasn't pretty. I honestly think I would've rather lost in New Orleans. I don't know. It's a tough call... that SB loss hurt and I want to see that he's learned from it, that he's not the same coach, incapable of adjusting once he's been punched in the face - I want to believe that McVay is seasoned, wiser and mentally more prepared to handle those situations but honestly the last 2 weeks make me worry a little.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I know. I said he got fired by the Browns. He was fired by the Browns. He never coached Baltimore.
but if he never got fired, hed be coaching the ravens today not browns. so your original point wouldnt really make much sense in that case

bluecoconuts

Legend
14hrb8k062081.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Right, he was fired from the Ravens. That's what I said.
The Browns became the Ravens after the 1995 season

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Are we joking at this point with the back and forth on Browns vs Ravens franchises and dates?

You both understand each other perfectly.

And, the sky is blue.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Agreed. I can’t believe I saw people suggesting mcvay be fired… people forget to quickly… or it’s possible they weren't Rams fans until mcvay got here so they have nothing to forget…

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just a couple of other takes is since in the 90’s The Rams lost his many straight to The Niners?
Thought it was 19,but heard 17?
Right now it is at 5 in a row.

The first SuperBowl wasn’t ever played until 1967 in which it was
played. Guess where ?
LA Coliseum
This year will be the first at SOFI 2022
In 73 it was brought back Miami vs. Washington.

Then back to So Cal in 1977 at the Rose Bowl - Oakland Raiders
then in 1979 where The Rams lost.

As I venture back in history I see The Rams are in good shape,still have a chance to play in first ever SuperBowl at SOFI.
The losing streak to the San Jose team needs to stop.The Fog horn made me lol, but the Fog did roll in which made the game creepy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just got a quick history lesson of where Levi Stadium is located.Sort of makes me mad l could have had a nice NFL tour with The Rams.
Well then again I have a new bucket list in one of these next few seasons.In fact it might be multiple years.There are some baseball places already in the list.Seems maybe I’ve been more naughty than nice.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
McVay has done so much in spite of constantly having his staff leave to bigger opportunities. He cant always strike gold each time he chooses a new replacement, but he's still putting together a great season. Even good teams lose bad games. Some even two in a row. No panic button needed yet. Disappointment? Frustration? Sure! I believe in McVay to turn this around

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Anybody who wants him fired right now is a fool.
But he isn't above criticism.

I'm grateful for the McVay era. He's raised my expectations. I don't expect to be embarrassed 2 weeks straight with a loaded team and with a great coach. Either our players aren't as good as we thought or our coaches aren't. Or both. Or our players ARE legit but not performing like it. Or our Coaches are legit but not currently performing like it. Or both.

I think we have the players to play much better than we have on defense all season and I believe that our offense looks explosive, espescially early, but it doesn't seem the least bit deceptive or particularly hard to counter. Take away the deep stuff and watch us try to go deep anyways.
A big reason our backs get 5+ yards a carry is because nobody cares. They know we won't stick with it until it kills them. And they've been right going back a ways now.

I'm nowhere near giving up on McVay. I still think he's the best chance we have for winning a SB. And perhaps once he does win a SB as HC of the Rams, he will be above my criticism and get a pass for shit streaks like these last two weeks. But that hasn't happened yet. Yes, he took us to the big dance... it wasn't pretty. I honestly think I would've rather lost in New Orleans. I don't know. It's a tough call... that SB loss hurt and I want to see that he's learned from it, that he's not the same coach, incapable of adjusting once he's been punched in the face - I want to believe that McVay is seasoned, wiser and mentally more prepared to handle those situations but honestly the last 2 weeks make me worry a little.

It kind of frightens me how much @badnews speaks for me. Word for word.

And to add.......Our offense is too predictable. We all know how the play selection is going to work. There should be some third and threes we run the ball up the gut. No jet sweeps or cute little tricky deception type runs. Just up the gut. We do have the talent to do that good enough.

That would open up the other 95% of the field.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
McVay has done so much in spite of constantly having his staff leave to bigger opportunities. He cant always strike gold each time he chooses a new replacement, but he's still putting together a great season. Even good teams lose bad games. Some even two in a row. No panic button needed yet. Disappointment? Frustration? Sure! I believe in McVay to turn this around
And other great point.

The McVay pedigree is pretty damn good right now.