Malcom Brown gets offer sheet from Lions - Rams Match It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Went from having excellent depth at RB to razor thin with glass cannon Gurley. Hoping the #2 spot will at least be competitive and that John Kelly picks up the pace at pass protection
Wow. Calling him a glass cannon already? Seems premature and a bit harsh.

dang

Legend
Rams should be thinking RB1A - Gurley (65% play time) and RB1B - TBD (35%). This will be a 2-headed RB1A/RB1B monster going forward vs Gurley (90%) and a backup (10%). Who do we think can effectively carry 35% load for the duration of the season.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
We're about to find out how much McVay likes Malcolm. For 1M GTD I'd bring him back. I wonder if they use this as a bargaining point with CJ??

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
My guess is if we don’t match the offer for Brown then the Rams must be really confident of signing someone else who they consider to be an upgrade over Brown. If they’re not confident of bringing someone else in then they will match the offer for a Brown.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Give me either Brown or Anderson at #2, i actually prefer Brown....but i still feel that Kelly would be pretty damn good given some PT.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Even with Gurley healthy, this team needs to be 3 deep at running back.

1a
1b
2a

Just in case Gurley has any set backs.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I were to guess they’re gauging what veterans they can get for the same price or lower and if that’s a better option than Brown.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Problem with Brown is he has not been used much yet he has missed significant time the last two year's. I believe he had some bagging injuries in college as well.

So how much do you want to committ to him as he needs to be available if you truely want to start to give Gurley more rest.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

My suspicion is that it has to do with CJ Anderson. They're probably trying to get him done, and if they think that won't happen at a number they like Brown becomes more of a possibility.