Malcom Brown gets offer sheet from Lions - Rams Match It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
We're in unknown territory here with a lot riding on Gurley's status.
Brown is a good backup.
CJ is a good starter, but still unsure of the roles with a healthy Gurley.

There must be a lot going on behind closed doors, or maybe Gurley is fine.
Wont know until next season.

If Gurley is still struggling i think we would have gone right after CJ.

I like Brown and would be happy to see him back.

dang

Legend
Unless the Rams only tendered Brown as insurance in case their first choice fell through - this is an easy decision for the Rams. The guaranteed $1M being the only real difference. There are some other FA RB choices that would cost more but might provide a little more as an RB1B (CJ Anderson, Spencer Ware, Ajayi, Crowell). I believe the Rams match.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think there are enough aluminum cans and Gatorade bottles laying around the practice facility to come up with this amount of money.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This actually saves the Rams a few hundred thousand in 2019 from their tender offer. So unless Alexander decides he wants to play for the Rams at a serious bargain price, looks like Brown will be retained.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No way. Subtract that money from the amount you pay CJ Anderson instead. We are a stronger team in the playoffs with CJ backing up Gurley.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I’d be surprised if the Rams match the offer to Brown. IMHO, only way the Rams match is if they absolutely cannot find a way to keep CJ.

For whatever reason, Rams never gave Brown the opportunity to be “the guy.” But as soon as CJ arrived, they leaned on him heavily.

In 12 reg season games for the Rams, Brown had 43 carries for 212 yards. In *2* reg season games for the Rams, CJ had 43 carries for 299 yards.

Rams have more faith in CJ than in Brown, and they can only afford to keep one of them.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d be surprised if the Rams match the offer to Brown. IMHO, only way the Rams match is if they absolutely cannot find a way to keep CJ.

For whatever reason, Rams never gave Brown the opportunity to be “the guy.” But as soon as CJ arrived, they leaned on him heavily.

In 12 reg season games for the Rams, Brown had 43 carries for 212 yards. In *2* reg season games for the Rams, CJ had 43 carries for 299 yards.

Rams have more faith in CJ than in Brown, and they can only afford to keep one of them.

brown never had the opportunity to be the guy because gurley wasn't injured. brown was lost for the season before gurley got injured and the running game suffered for a few weeks because of it. gurley wasn't 100% and there was no relief so mcvay stopped running the ball. they only brought in anderson because brown was out for the year.

every time brown came into the game something good happened.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
brown never had the opportunity to be the guy because gurley wasn't injured. brown was lost for the season before gurley got injured and the running game suffered for a few weeks because of it. gurley wasn't 100% and there was no relief so mcvay stopped running the ball. they only brought in anderson because brown was out for the year.

every time brown came into the game something good happened.

Good points. I still think the Rams prefer CJ over Brown, but yeah, you’re right, Brown has played consistently well when given the opportunity.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got to figure Detroit did the Rams a solid here.
I figure by Monday, the Rams will have their #2 RB wrapped up.
If they like CJ enough they can offer him a similar type deal, and it would be up to him to take it or leave it

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good points. I still think the Rams prefer CJ over Brown, but yeah, you’re right, Brown has played consistently well when given the opportunity.

you may be right.

just wanted to stick up for brown. he never let the rams down.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Brown was available when the Rams put Anderson in as Gurlys replacement, right? I’m asking because I’m not sure. Maybe the Rams don’t want Brown. When the job was open they went out and got CJ and then started him not Brown.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Brown was available when the Rams put Anderson in as Gurlys replacement, right? I’m asking because I’m not sure. Maybe the Rams don’t want Brown. When the job was open they went out and got CJ and then started him not Brown.
Brown was out than I believe Justin got hurt.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Brown was on the injured reserve.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek

You forget that the Rams brought C.J. in when Gurley was injured and couldn’t play, thus why C.J. had more of an opportunity to play. Brown was already on the IR, or he would’ve had that same opportunity.