Malcom Brown gets offer sheet from Lions - Rams Match It

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bucephalus

Sounds like a medical condition or something.

That play was the game changer.

And credit to Goff for getting it to Brown because that was very close to being a sack but he got away. One of the Saints got a hand on him.

On 3rd and 8 Goff and Brown came through BIG TIME. Had the Rams settled for a FG they would have ended up losing the game.

Kelly needs to learn how to block, or he won't see the field.

McVay won't put a back on the field that can't block, it's a decent sized role for a RB in his system. Gurley has made many passing plays work downfield by chipping or taking on a blitzer.

Like Mathews remember hahaha.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kelly needs to learn how to block, or he won't see the field.
He had some pretty good blocks in the game where he finally got some snaps IIRR. He may grow into the position but I doubt he takes a huge number of snaps unless Gurley's can't go at all.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
CJ was a better fit and offered a different look to the offense than when Gurley was in.

Which made the opposing defenses scramble and lanes would open.

CJ is a different style of runner which could have easily made playing Gurley and CJ in a 60/40 split, plausible and EFFICIENT.

Agreed to disagree.

CJ was completely shut down with that different look by the Saints and Patriots. The reason he was shutdown explains his success and failure last year = The offensive line's play......end of story, its probably why the Rams and everyone else are skipping on him as a Free Agent right now.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CJ Anderson seems like a class act. Or did I miss something? Almost seems like the Rams will most definitely draft a RB now... in the later rounds. Personally, I don't think Justin Davis has it, but I do like John Kelly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CJ Anderson seems like a class act. Or did I miss something? Almost seems like the Rams will most definitely draft a RB now... in the later rounds. Personally, I don't think Justin Davis has it, but I do like John Kelly.
I think if they do now it’ll be somebody late who also is a returner.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How so? Wouldn't it make more sense to sign a guy like CJ who's a better runner and lacks as a receiver if they were to increase Kelly's role?
I don't disagree with your thoughts. I'm just saying this is what the Brown signing says to me.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Glad we have our #2RB, hope T H I C C B O I Anderson finds a home too.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I am a little shocked by those who don't like Brown. I really like his ability to hit the line with power and agility both up the middle and the edges.

Only concern for me is he seems to get hurt too much for a guy who doesn't play a lot.

Shoulder and knee the last two years... and he hardly played much on offense.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get that McVay's whole thing is being humble. Really, I do.

But there will be games where we are just flat out better than the other team - in these games, McVay should essentially start Malcolm and have Todd be the 3rd down back. We blew out 7 teams last year and we would have won all of those games even had Gurley not taken a single hand off.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well done rams. brown is a good, solid backup.

had an average of 4.9 ypc last season.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well done rams. brown is a good, solid backup.

had an average of 4.9 ypc last season.

Over 43 carries - so a small sample size, to say the least.

For his career in 128 carries, he has averaged 4.0 ypc.

FWIW, the Rams as a team averaged 4.9 ypc, including QB kneel downs.

He is what he is - an okay runner, decent receiver, and a solid blocker in the backfield. He's also cheap, which matters given the lack of much cap space remaining.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Over 43 carries - so a small sample size, to say the least.

For his career in 128 carries, he has averaged 4.0 ypc.

FWIW, the Rams as a team averaged 4.9 ypc, including QB kneel downs.

He is what he is - an okay runner, decent receiver, and a solid blocker in the backfield. He's also cheap, which matters given the lack of much cap space remaining.

well i did say he is the backup. i wasn't calling for him to supplant gurley.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
CJ was completely shut down with that different look by the Saints and Patriots. The reason he was shutdown explains his success and failure last year = The offensive line's play......end of story, its probably why the Rams and everyone else are skipping on him as a Free Agent right now.
Yeah, the Cowpie game was an aberration because we found tells for their defensive line. And Dak Prescott is awful. That was also important.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Pleased the Rams are keeping Brown, on a very reasonable contract. He is a very good special teams player, something that is often overlooked.