LB Micah Kiser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This MF had a great game. I was down on him after last week...he brought it today. Hope he can keep it goin!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This MF had a great game. I was down on him after last week...he brought it today. Hope he can keep it goin!
As many of us said it was his first start ever with no preseason to speak of. He's got his weaknesses but give the guy a chance! He's going to miss plays he did today even with how good he was.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So, who is first up to eat their humble pie?

I am. Give me a Kentucky fried crow drizzled in honey, corn-on-the-cob, and sweet potatoes.

Kiser played very well this game, and if he continues to improve, he'll be a huge upgrade over Reeder. Still not entirely certain about Kenny Young or the rest, but hell, I'm drunk off of victory right now.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As many of us said it was his first start ever with no preseason to speak of. He's got his weaknesses but give the guy a chance! He's going to miss plays he did today even with how good he was.
Well, he earned some mistakes today with his play overall. He was everywhere. I admit that I should have pumped the brakes.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he earned some mistakes today with his play overall. He was everywhere. I admit that I should have pumped the brakes.
It's human nature my friend :) Now making a prediction I hope is wrong here. Watch him after this great game start next week with a couple bad plays then come on strong late. It's the way of a young starter.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Red Zone shows a lot of stats as the games are being shown and so far today he's the leading tackler with 16

Ellard80

Legend
yeah what den said.. he was all over the field making good sticks.

left sanders wide open a couple times though.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
He played much better today and was everywhere. Of course there are things to work on.

The biggest area of improvement is guarding backs in man coverage. Sanders was getting him with that out route. He needs to jam them instead of sitting there waiting for them to cut and chasing. He's too slow to play catch up.

In the running game, some of his tackles were from behind, the Laurinaitis special. I think that will improve as the game speeds up for him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He played well and I'm proud of him. But I'm not eating that fuckin plate of crow just yet no sir. :ROFLMAO:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He played much better today and was everywhere. Of course there are things to work on.

The biggest area of improvement is guarding backs in man coverage. Sanders was getting him with that out route. He needs to jam them instead of sitting there waiting for them to cut and chasing. He's too slow to play catch up.

In the running game, some of his tackles were from behind, the Laurinaitis special. I think that will improve as the game speeds up for him.
First off I think you mean slows down?
JL55 is a interesting comparison. I won’t go there.I like both players.

I went to a couple training camps over the years from Oxnard on.Sad to say never St. Louis.

my takes in camp was your same opinion then was his cover skills.I think he has smaller type arms as well from the look of his play?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He played well and I'm proud of him. But I'm not eating that fuckin plate of crow just yet no sir. :ROFLMAO:

We’ve been back & forth a few times.

You have a LOT of CROW to eat.

I’ll start with every
OFFENSIVE LINEMAN
then just look at the
BENCH w/
Edwards & Evens.
McSnead’s 2018 draft is why The Rams did not make the playoff 2019.

The jury is still out there though. Brian Allen was also a starter in 2019. A Fail!

OO & Kiser are big. The guy who has AMAZED me is Fuller#32 a Ohio St. Guy like JL55.Who is a 6th rd rookie starter.

Glad The Rams didn’t draft a OLINEman until the 7th rd.

Noteboom to me has always been that.I think he can be The Rams LT of the future. The BIGGEST surprise is that he is healthy already.I counted him out of 2020 all together.So from my take now is The Rams are in even better shape than I thought.I’m already all wasted from Drinking so much Kool-Aide.

I could go on & on,but will stop here for now. - thanks & Go Rams!
-BTW- The schedule has been easy?

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
Give the kid a break. He's essentially a rookie and a first-year starter. He's still thinking his way through which is why he missed those tackles last week. This week things are falling into place for him. Kiser isn't slow, he has safety speed (4.6), and it's a matter of being coached up on coverage techniques. It's not anything like college coverages. There is no winging it in the NFL. Coverages are technique heavy skills that need to be developed. He's got the basic athleticism required. It took 2 years for Littleton to develop into a starter. He's already an upgrade in terms of upsides and I think he will become a very good MIKE. He has the physical and mental traits you want at the position. You want an LB with good instincts and is a fast thumper at MIKE and that is what Kiser is. This is why I've been saying Staley needs to play his NT over one A gap and Kiser covering the other to stop those interior runs.

Young is another hybrid ILB/safety and Staley is playing him like that. Young also has an ILB build with safety speed. His snap count went from 53% to 63% against the Eagles. He had 1 QB hit and had he timed it better it might have been a sack in Philly. He's played well in his part-time ILB position. He comes off when they bring in Hill to play NCB and frankly Young probably is better in coverage than Hill. Slot receivers have a two-way break so NCBs need to be quick and have good acceleration. Hill has neither and why he struggled in Philly.

I'm happy with both guys so far. Forget the depth chart Young is the second ILB starter as expected.

Last year David Longs coverage stats were good. Yet he's benched and Hill who has allowed 100% completions on targets continues to start. Go figure. The Hill experiment needs to end.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Last year David Longs coverage stats were good. Yet he's benched and Hill who has allowed 100% completions on targets continues to start. Go figure. The Hill experiment needs to end.

I was down on Hill early in his career like some of us were, but he has improved a lot. Did a good job in the slot yesterday and even got a game ball. So the Hill experiment has paid off so far and I'll ride with it. The 100% completions is fabricated. As for Long, Williams started the opposite corner over him. So he's depth. So I'm flat out disagreeing with you on Hill.

Meanwhile back to the thread title, Kiser was all over the place. Great game in only his 2nd start. Future looks bright.

Last edited:

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I will be the first to admit Kiser looked like a real ILB yesterday against the Seagles. Young even has some flash plays. Especially when he laid out Wenrz

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was impressive yesterday
Reminded me of another #59 we used to have.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Leading the NFL in Solo tackles after 2 weeks... Not bad.

kiser.jpg