LB Micah Kiser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Defense looked amazing. We looked physical, we were finishing tackles.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Kaiser wasn't very good at all. Yes it was his first game in over a year, but he has to be better. Credited with 7 missed tackles in his first game. ILB was the 2nd biggest question mark in the off-season behind the OL, and didnt show well in game 1.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kiser was fine, in my opinion. He penetrated the Cowboys O-line several times, made some tackles, and hit a lot of people. It was his very first NFL game basically! Let's give the guy a chance.. I see a lot of potential there, and the Rams could use a thumper at middle linebacker.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kaiser wasn't very good at all. Yes it was his first game in over a year, but he has to be better. Credited with 7 missed tackles in his first game. ILB was the 2nd biggest question mark in the off-season behind the OL, and didnt show well in game 1.

He missed a lot of tackles but perhaps silver lining is that he is in position to make the plays. Just gotta make them next time with improved tackling.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kiser was fine, in my opinion. He penetrated the Cowboys O-line several times, made some tackles, and hit a lot of people. It was his very first NFL game basically! Let's give the guy a chance.. I see a lot of potential there, and the Rams could use a thumper at middle linebacker.

that's what i like about him. he was hitting people hard. it was his first ever game in the nfl. at least he wasn't soft like previous rams lbers.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Also, let's not pretend that Zeke isn't a top RB that excels at making people miss and Dak is pretty decent at it as well, so having a rookie go for the tackle instead of playing it safe shows his confidence.

I think he'll get much better in the coming days.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked what Kiser brought to the table. He's the banger we've wanted.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Settle down, now.

Kiser’s first regular season defensive snaps came Sunday night. Nobody is calling him “top tier” or a HOFer. All anyone is saying is give the guy a chance before throwing him on the scrap heap.

And it’s carnivorous HOGS, not DOGS. Death by hogs is far more gruesome and, for bacon eaters, ironic.

Ummm how about noooo.

This isn't Clanram were you tell people what to do...

Why don't you go back there with those 7 missed tackles to your active forum and be 'King of Dogs' or Hogs or whatever you fancy.

1600236014275.png

It is September so we're here or you if you need us!

TexasRam

Legend
Jury still out on Kiser for me. I'm willing to give him a few games to get acclimated but he looks too slow to compete at the NFL level to me. I don't see any way he helps against Russell Wilson 2x a year either.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Ummm how about noooo.

This isn't Clanram were you tell people what to do...

Why don't you go back there with those 7 missed tackles to your active forum and be 'King of Dogs' or Hogs or whatever you fancy.
You were on ClanRam? I don’t remember you. Guess you didn’t make much of an impression. Maybe you should consider getting over your apparent obsession with me. After all, I haven’t been on that site for years.

You’re right about one thing, though...

If you wish to overreact, prejudge, and overstate your opinions with pointless hyperbole....I’m not going to stop you.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Jury still out on Kiser for me. I'm willing to give him a few games to get acclimated but he looks too slow to compete at the NFL level to me. I don't see any way he helps against Russell Wilson 2x a year either.
He may prove to be little more than a placeholder this year. I think he is smart and has good instincts. He’s not very fast, though, and will likely be spelled (maybe in favor of Justin Hollins, who ran a 4.50 forty at his Combine, or a safety such as Rapp) quite a bit against guys like Wilson.

I too, though, am more than willing to give him a few games - particularly if we keep holding opponents to under 20 points and winning games!

Last edited:

TheTackle

Starter
This obsession with statistics is a little bizarre at times

Watching the game, Kizer was everywhere! Blitzing, in good coverage positions, stonewalling blockers, and making tackles that don't appear in the statistics (how many assists did he notch up stopping forward progress?)

Kizer affected Dallas's offense - big-time - including the tip. His brilliant goal-line tackle might have been a difference-maker, only Dallas scored on the following 3rd downplay.

I did not come away thinking 'boy Kizer sure missed a lot of plays'... why? Because football happens between the hashes through qualitative actions that statistics cannot replicate otherwise we could pick all-pros by their stat sheets and ignore everything that made their play great. In that universe, 4-3 middle linebackers would be the only ones chosen

Was he perfect, no, but then again I have seen the Rams smash Carolina when Luke Kuechly was manning the middle and I would bet he missed a few plays that day too

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I liked what Kiser brought to the table. He's the banger we've wanted.

He definitely brings something Littleton never had, or any other LB'er the last couple seasons, the ability to hit holes hard and be used as an actual run stopping lb'er between the tackles. I'm not worried about missed tackles and bad angles in a season opening game with no preseason or real tackling practice beforehand. I expect it to get better and will enjoy watching him hit people this season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He was injured all last season - didn't play a game. The year before he was active every game, but just as a quality special teamer - got literally zero snaps on defense, even though the Rams did have a need for quality backups at ILB. So I wouldn't say there is zero chance of him being a quality starter this season, but I hope they have a real plan B at the very least, not sign a career ST like Hager to be his competition.

Kiser & Hager are totally 2 different type of player. Your talking Johnston ca Hager who we’re both 7th rd picks from Baylor.

Say what you want now,but you’ll be tasting a little CROW at some point imo.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He may prove to be little more than a placeholder this year. I think he is smart and has good instincts. He’s not very fast, though, and will likely be spelled (maybe in favor of Justin Hollins, who ran a 4.50 forty at his Combine, or a safety such as Rapp) quite a bit against guys like Wilson.

I too, though, am more than willing to give him a few games - particularly if we keep holding opponents to under 20 points and winning games!

Well glad your willing to give Micah Kiser a chance in The NFL

Talk to Barry,Stayly & Mcvay about it.
Lmao. - btw The Rams beat the Cowboys. The defense did pretty well,& RAMsey was getting beat early,maybe covering for Kiser(lol). That PI I have no opinion on because I didn’t see it & is part of the game. Rams win,Rams win.

The Rams were 3-0 last season until they lost to TB at home. I’m not over reacting,but will keep an eye out on things.
Everyone that was talking smack about Malcom Brown makes me LOL as well. Where is Gurley & Littleton?
I just like the fact McSnead just keeps plugging away & keep up beat.They hold themselves accountable for having players like Kiser & Brown out there on The Grass.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Kiser played all the defensive snaps plus ST's so he is a major player in this defense.

Kiser, SJD & Noteboom are the only starters coming out if Sneads 2018 draft Not one of them had a good game in this big Ram win. We did finally see LB Okoronkwo get 16 snaps from that 2018 draft. We also saw where NT Gaines get a good amount of defensive snaps in the 2nd half with 14 with SJD getting 22 snaps.

The 2019 Snead draft class sure did not have much impact in Sunday's win.

Last edited: