LB Micah Kiser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I will be the first to admit Kiser looked like a real ILB yesterday against the Seagles. Young even has some flash plays. Especially when he laid out Wenrz

As someone who watched Kenny Young play at UCLA, often frustrated at his play....I see that having him next to another ILB in a 3-4 kind of helps him play to his strengths so to speak. He's out there playing really physical too. I feel bad for Travin Howard though now seeing how much we are keeping 2 ILBs on the field so much, he was on track to have a real break out year...but now Young is benefiting from the scheme, and looks pretty good out there.

Ram65

Legend
Did anyone notice another tipped pass intended for Ertz? He has great hops!

He was worried about a cutback along the sideline by Sanders and let him gaining an additional 3-4 more yards as he hesitated. Also left his man in zone coverage when Wentz was rolling out IIRC and it was completed to Ertz.

He needs to keep getting better every week.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That was the Micah Kiser that played at Virginia
Sure glad & happy that Snead's team dug for it saw it & valued what was accomplished by Micah! A very good 3rd day 5th round selection in 2018. Currently, he is the best of what we selected in that draft.
Round 5, No. 148 overall: Micah Kiser, LB, Virginia
Linebacker Micah Kiser flashed top-end speed and solid tackling skills at Virginia.
My take: Kiser might be the most polished player the Rams have taken up to this point. He's coming off a very productive college career, compiling 33.5 tackles for loss, 19 sacks, 12 passes defended and eight forced fumbles in 37 games in the last three seasons at Virginia. He finished his senior year as a third-team All-America choice and first-team All-ACC.

How he fits: Kiser might have a chance to earn some playing time. The Rams have one solidified inside linebacker spot with Mark Barron, but the other, in base sets, is seemingly up for grabs, previously between Cory Littleton, Ramik Wilson and Bryce Hager. Kiser could be a good fit against the run, but his coverage skills have been called into question.

Oh by the way. I watch Cory Littleton closely last night......made me feel more strongly towards Snead & his decision on Cory's UFA situation early this year. By the way, I heard Cory's name not being called as being the tackler often & I also observed a good amount of miss tacks.

Last edited:

oldnotdead

Legend
I watched that Raider game and overall I was surprised at how good that team is. That said I think they will regret signing Littleton. He isn't the impact player they thought they were getting. I think he will be released after the 2021 season. What I didn't like was their play in the secondary. They played too much soft zone just like Staley and it kept the Saints in the game by allowing them to move the ball. What killed the Saints were all the really dumb penalties.

The best part of that game was the Saints loss now might have playoff seeding implications later.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Littleton was a total non factor but then that defense isn’t very good anyways. He had 2 tackles 1 assist.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Yeah I was really surprised to see how quiet Littleton was.

Psycho_X

Legend
Actually was curious how much of Littleton's success was due to AD always taking two or three blockers out of most equations. Any linebackers behind AD should have ample opportunity to move around the field if they are smart. Not taking anything away from Littleton as he proved to be one of our best defenders that last couple of seasons but I was wondering how he would do without the disruption occurring in front of him almost every play that he had here. On a lesser talented defense he might get game planned around more often.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
Both Littleton and Joyner have not played up to their contracts so far. Littleton may come around but I bet that the Raiders move on from Joyner as soon as they can. He’s a below average db.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It seems like NFL Fans and NFL coaches have massively different opinions about how much cushion DBs should give.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Did anyone notice another tipped pass intended for Ertz? He has great hops!

He was worried about a cutback along the sideline by Sanders and let him gaining an additional 3-4 more yards as he hesitated. Also left his man in zone coverage when Wentz was rolling out IIRC and it was completed to Ertz.

He needs to keep getting better every week.

It's interesting because his college highlight tape, he had plays like that ...and he's showing that kind of ability now.

Psycho_X

Legend
NFC defensive player of week. But he sucks.
CDDA7C47-2E77-4C4B-830B-0FED6F47AC42.jpeg

Attachments

• 025ACCF1-B5F0-4732-B3AF-DA981C8701E9.jpeg
    025ACCF1-B5F0-4732-B3AF-DA981C8701E9.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 74

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

he should stop attempting to make so many tackles because his missed tackles stat can go down as well.

what a breath of fresh air this guy has been.

finally a lber that attacks the los instead of dancing around 5 yards away.

i hope the raiders are enjoying their $12m dollar man.