LB Micah Kiser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Say what you want now,but you’ll be tasting a little CROW at some point imo.

So I'm confused. For the record, you're opposed to having a capable backup for kiser, in case he doesn't workout, or works out for a while and then gets injured?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So I'm confused. For the record, you're opposed to having a capable backup for kiser, in case he doesn't workout, or works out for a while and then gets injured?

Well that’s what Kiser was For Littleton , until he got hurt.Hager was brought back after being cut last season? If memory is close to right?

Reeder has stepped up from no where & actually played better & more than Hager. Johnston just got cut & picked up by Carolina I believe?

Next player(man) up as Mcvay always says.Look at the Offensive Line.

Not sure what you think about the backup QB? The Rams still haven’t draft one since the signing of Wolford.

For sure though the verdict is totally out.I was thinking this was a new post,so new views.

what’s your thoughts on Kiser now? Any change of thought? I hope Robinson & Lewis can get healthy & provide some depth.

Morgan Fox reminds me of Fred Dryer of all things.Gains & him really work hard & well together. Henderson has done a good job,so yes I‘m for having quality backups & especially young players that The Rams have drafted. Even better the UDFA which I can name a lot from the McSnead era.

-Littleton from Snisher though.I didn’t like not locking him up to a longer term contract when Snead has the chance. Plus the words he used by not really appreciating where he came from as a UDRFA. No matter what a player deserves it for his frame of work.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My view on Kiser is the same as it was. He has some talent, but needs real competition - more than Hager. A real plan B. I don't know if the current players are, but certainly Hager wasn't. We'll see about the current group. I would like there be a plan B though. Maybe Reeder or another is; they didn't have one last year

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
You were on ClanRam? I don’t remember you. Guess you didn’t make much of an impression. Maybe you should consider getting over your apparent obsession with me. After all, I haven’t been on that site for years.

You’re right about one thing, though...

If you wish to overreact, prejudge, and overstate your opinions with pointless hyperbole....I’m not going to stop you.
BAD01053-5CF2-4505-93AD-433C28506860.jpeg

This obsession with statistics is a little bizarre at times

Watching the game, Kizer was everywhere! Blitzing, in good coverage positions, stonewalling blockers, and making tackles that don't appear in the statistics (how many assists did he notch up stopping forward progress?)

Kizer affected Dallas's offense - big-time - including the tip. His brilliant goal-line tackle might have been a difference-maker, only Dallas scored on the following 3rd downplay.

I did not come away thinking 'boy Kizer sure missed a lot of plays'... why? Because football happens between the hashes through qualitative actions that statistics cannot replicate otherwise we could pick all-pros by their stat sheets and ignore everything that made their play great. In that universe, 4-3 middle linebackers would be the only ones chosen

Was he perfect, no, but then again I have seen the Rams smash Carolina when Luke Kuechly was manning the middle and I would bet he missed a few plays that day too
He had 6 solo tackles and 1 assist. And 7 missed tackles.

For the 72 defensive snaps he played that’s pretty below average for a game and for a ILB.
I'm sorry, but that's why I want to draft two inside linebackers in this class. I don't entirely trust Kiser (although that tip was pivotal in the game), I don't trust Young or Reeder at all, Howard is injured, and Hollins is unproven at best.
Believe me I hear you. I wanted that LB from Oregon (Dye)or from (Wisconsin) so bad! Imagine one of them behind this line or in coverage?

It’s hard to imagine us not getting a legit ILB this offseason, maybe Howard could play the other one next year?

With our dominant DL how it is there is zero excuses not to be filling in that gap and meeting that RB with a vegence. o_O
Kaiser wasn't very good at all. Yes it was his first game in over a year, but he has to be better. Credited with 7 missed tackles in his first game. ILB was the 2nd biggest question mark in the off-season behind the OL, and didnt show well in game 1.

Honestly he should have a better game coming with the Eagles with their weaknesses moving away from ours unless they take advantage of Kiser not being able to cover well in the middle of the zone. It won’t glare its ugly head again to till we get another talented and competent team after the naysayers declare “ see he did pretty good” vs the Eagles and Giants. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well it appears we definitely have our share of “Nancy’s“ showing up on this thread.

Little brake pumping here wouldn’t be the end of the world, he may or may not pan out but some of these negative takes are just borderline ignorant considering his circumstances

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Micah Kiser's return off to a productive start

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – When Rams linebacker Micah Kiser stepped onto the artificial turf at SoFi Stadium last Sunday, starting on defense was a very different experience for him.

Since he was sidelined for the entirety of the 2019 season with a pectoral injury, Week 1 against the Dallas Cowboys marked his first regular season game action since 2018, when he was a rookie who mainly contributed on special teams.

Already, Kiser is capitalizing on an expanded role.

"It was fine," Kiser said during a video conference with reporters Wednesday. "My first time playing a full defensive game since my senior year in college, so it was fun."

Playing all 72 of Los Angeles' defensive snaps against Dallas, Kiser tallied six solo tackles in a 20-17 victory. The output matched cornerback Jalen Ramsey for most on the team in Week 1, while his seven combined tackles were second-most on L.A.'s behind rookie safety Jordan Fuller's eight.

Those numbers against the Cowboys illustrate Kiser's instincts, but there were other intangibles he displayed that didn't show up on the stat sheet explicitly. When head coach Sean McVay spoke with reporters during his Monday video conference, he mentioned Kiser as one of the standouts after getting the chance to watch film, pointing to Kiser's communication with safety John Johnson III throughout the game.

"I thought after he settled in, I thought he was physical. I thought he communicated really well," McVay said Wednesday. "He did a nice job."

Based on what defensive lineman Aaron Donald saw out of Kiser in training camp, it was a product of that preseason success.

"He had a great camp," Donald said. "To translate that to his first NFL start and play how he played at a high level, communicating well, coming up filling holes, I think he'll continue to get better and he's got an opportunity to be a special football player."

Kiser's next challenge is in Philadelphia, where the Rams will face the Eagles in their first 2020 road game of the season.

The Eagles offense presents challenges with two seam-stretching tight ends in Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert and a running back in Miles Sanders who can stress defenses on the ground as a ball carrier and through the air as a receiver. While Sanders missed Philadelphia's season-opener at Washington due to a hamstring injury, he is reportedly on track to play against Los Angeles on Sunday.

If Sunday's game against the Cowboys was any indication, it's nothing Kiser can't handle.

"I felt good out there, and (it was) definitely something to build on," Kiser said.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Ya guys this is his first NFL game. And he had a pandemic-shortened offseason. He did rookie things in this game (like launching himself at Zeke, leaving his feet is a no-no, you can get by with it in college but not the pros). But what he did do is THUMP. Both he & Fuller brought the WOOD.
Honestly I think it's too early to evaluate him. He might seem ssssssllooooow but I'm tired of seeing speedy midget LB's. I'll take him, for now....
But ya I don't think there's any comparison to him & LB's like Vanderescher. Or the GB LB's. We need bigger, faster LB's, no doubt, is why I love the Floyd signing & the Lewis pick.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Ya guys this is his first NFL game. And he had a pandemic-shortened offseason. He did rookie things in this game (like launching himself at Zeke, leaving his feet is a no-no, you can get by with it in college but not the pros). But what he did do is THUMP. Both he & Fuller brought the WOOD.
Honestly I think it's too early to evaluate him. He might seem ssssssllooooow but I'm tired of seeing speedy midget LB's. I'll take him, for now....
But ya I don't think there's any comparison to him & LB's like Vanderescher. Or the GB LB's. We need bigger, faster LB's, no doubt, is why I love the Floyd signing & the Lewis pick.

Exactly. We just need him to be a role player. We have impact players at other positions.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Kiser played all the defensive snaps plus ST's so he is a major player in this defense.

Kiser, SJD & Noteboom are the only starters coming out if Sneads 2018 draft Not one of them had a good game in this big Ram win. We did finally see LB Okoronkwo get 16 snaps from that 2018 draft. We also saw where NT Gaines get a good amount of defensive snaps in the 2nd half with 14 with SJD getting 22 snaps.

The 2019 Snead draft class sure did not have much impact in Sunday's win.

Ugh--I just went back and looked at our 2018 draft. I DON'T RECOMMEND DOING THAT.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Kiser played all the defensive snaps plus ST's so he is a major player in this defense.

Kiser, SJD & Noteboom are the only starters coming out if Sneads 2018 draft Not one of them had a good game in this big Ram win. We did finally see LB Okoronkwo get 16 snaps from that 2018 draft. We also saw where NT Gaines get a good amount of defensive snaps in the 2nd half with 14 with SJD getting 22 snaps.

The 2019 Snead draft class sure did not have much impact in Sunday's win.

Howard was in that 18' class I believe so that would have been 4 starters.

Not bad and actually quite good if you compare to other teams. And that's without a 1st or 2nd rd pick.

Context matters.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Howard was in that 18' class I believe so that would have been 4 starters. Not bad. Actually quite good if you compare to other teams.
Rams might get one solid season from Howard out of his 4 yr contract which ends next year. So it remains very muddy on Howard's contribution to the Rams team. I thought Howard would have had a good season this year if he had remained healthy. Anyway, he sure had zero impact in the Cowboys game.

OC Brain Allen appears to be trending downward currently & did not dress against the Cowboys. Noteboom is still trying to learn to play OG & remain healthy. He will have his hands full this weak & we should get a really good idea where he stands in his development. I am convinced Noteboom will have a nightmarish game against the Eagles. I do have a better feeling about LB Ogoronkwo & Kiser getting better.

If I had to give a rating @ this time of the 2018 draft it would be incomplete.

TheTackle

Starter
Rams might get one solid season from Howard out of his 4 yr contract which ends next year. So it remains very muddy on Howard's contribution to the Rams team. I thought Howard would have had a good season this year if he had remained healthy. Anyway, he sure had zero impact in the Cowboys game.

OC Brain Allen appears to be trending downward currently & did not dress against the Cowboys. Noteboom is still trying to learn to play OG & remain healthy. He will have his hands full this weak & we should get a really good idea where he stands in his development. I am convinced Noteboom will have a nightmarish game against the Eagles. I do have a better feeling about LB Ogoronkwo & Kiser getting better.

Might Howard return this season? I only ask because without more information in terms of the exact details and whether he had surgery there is no way of knowing whether he is out between a month or three months (on average). He didn’t experience much swelling or pain and so this might indicate a partial tear in the front meniscus … which heals much quicker

Either way the Rams would have placed him on IR under the new conditions (and would find it advantageous to leave other teams in the dark)

I hope we might see him yet as McVey said Howard was primed to make a big impact. Judging by Young’s play we might have been surprised at just how much Howard had improved

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

Just saying w/o a #1 or #2 it wasnt bad. Compare to Niners, Seahawks, and Eagles drafts.

They got next to no one outside of the first two rounds those same yrs.

When you are talking about rds 3 and beyond you are normally finding role players and they exceeded that with 2 starters and a couple role players. That's good under those circumstances.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Ummm how about noooo.

This isn't Clanram were you tell people what to do...

Why don't you go back there with those 7 missed tackles to your active forum and be 'King of Dogs' or Hogs or whatever you fancy.

View attachment 39009

It is September so we're here or you if you need us!
My god. Clanram lol I forgot all about that site. What a terrible forum.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Micah would've been pretty good in that game against the boys had he actually made the tackle at first contract. There were a few plays that if he had made better contact or maybe came at a better angle he would've made some decent stops and nice plays. Many times he was really close and just missed or let the ball carrier slip out of his hands. Few times he had issues in coverage but its only game 1 so I figure he will get better.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Honestly he should have a better game coming with the Eagles with their weaknesses moving away from ours unless they take advantage of Kiser not being able to cover well in the middle of the zone. It won’t glare its ugly head again to till we get another talented and competent team after the naysayers declare “ see he did pretty good” vs the Eagles and Giants. :rolleyes:
So, who is first up to eat their humble pie?

All to predictable, it’s amazing.