LB Micah Kiser

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Any chance of Micah Kiser becoming a starter (A quality starter?) for the Rams? I was thrilled when the Rams drafted him but was pretty disappointed about his limited contributions last season. But, IF he can become the MLB that I thought (Still do!) he could become that would be HUGE for the Rams Defense which seems to have put together a very good/stout Defensive Line and I think still has a pretty good Defensive Backfield. I think the Rams Defense will be Very Good next season!!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any chance of Micah Kiser becoming a starter (A quality starter?) for the Rams? I was thrilled when the Rams drafted him but was pretty disappointed about his limited contributions last season. But, IF he can become the MLB that I thought (Still do!) he could become that would be HUGE for the Rams Defense which seems to have put together a very good/stout Defensive Line and I think still has a pretty good Defensive Backfield. I think the Rams Defense will be Very Good next season!!!

He was injured all last season - didn't play a game. The year before he was active every game, but just as a quality special teamer - got literally zero snaps on defense, even though the Rams did have a need for quality backups at ILB. So I wouldn't say there is zero chance of him being a quality starter this season, but I hope they have a real plan B at the very least, not sign a career ST like Hager to be his competition.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Right now they don't have any choice but to give him a chance to start. Kiser is going to get signifigant playing time.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right now they don't have any choice but to give him a chance to start. Kiser is going to get signifigant playing time.

Well, It sounds like he is definitely going to get his opportunity so it will be up to him what he does with that opportunity! Personally, I am still sticking with him and predict that he will make the most of this opportunity and becomes an important part of the Rams Defense this season and for years to come!!!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They've been talking him up for a while. I think he's our MIKE. And I think he's the reason Littleton wasn't worth it to the Rams. If he keeps the starters role our defense will be big and physical.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Along with Kenny Young & Travin Howard.

Both of whom have more experience on the defense in the NFL than Kiser. Kiser could win out, but after last year's preseason and the year long injury, it'd be silly to just hand it to him.

Ram65

Legend
He will get a chance to start in the base package on early downs because was a solid run stopper in college. He will have to compete with others. He was a solid Blitzer too.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would hope he gets a shot over Reeder....nothing against Reeder. Reeder is a try hard guy but has limitations.
Reeder is a good depth LB/ST guy. Need someone, Kiser, Howard, Young, to elevate that position.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They've been talking him up for a while. I think he's our MIKE. And I think he's the reason Littleton wasn't worth it to the Rams. If he keeps the starters role our defense will be big and physical.

He has a new DC, so talking him up before 2019 means little. The best player will get the starting time. He'll need a better training camp than last season.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has a new DC, so talking him up before 2019 means little. The best player will get the starting time. He'll need a better training camp than last season.
I agree, but that's a moot point because he was hurt in the preseason. You're right though that he won't be gifted that starting position.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I get the feeling both Kiser & Obo will step up this year, how much remains to be seen of course. Obo's been working out & looks like a beast. The plays he makes, how low he can get, and explode to the QB, I really like his potential.
Jury's still out on Kiser as we have very little film to go by with him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I like Kiser inside in base D. I see a maximum of 25-30% of snaps for him, though.

I think he’ll be an upgrade over Reeder, and will be an asset in run D which is a clear Staley priority.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I think many people will be surprised by what some of the LBers on the Rams roster can do when given the opportunity to play regularly.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If I had to get real money, I'd get against Kiser at this point. By the 2121 season the Rams linebacker corps will look completely different than it does this summer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the feeling they're counting on him to be one of the two starters.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The loss of Micah Kiser was a sizeable damaging event for the Rams run defense very early in 2019. The soon following injury to 5 season veteran MLB Bryce Hager intensified & compounded the bad situation. UDFA Troy Reeder found himself in a story book kind situation as a result. It worked out very well for him.

Wade went into 2019 off season planning to utilize former MLB'er Cory Littleton in the vacated Mark Barron WSILB'er post. Wade stuck mostly to his plan. However over the later half Wade did utilize ILB Travin Howard a little more in the WSILB'er post with CL sliding into the MLB'er post. Howard gave a good account for himself too.

A healthy Kiser should provide DC Staley a better overall combo pass/run MLB over the Hager/Reeder combo of 2019. I still believe Kiser gets judge & shortchanged on his pass coverage skills. Many here will be surprised by what they will see in this element of his game this season.(y):)

The injuries to both MLB'ers (Kiser/Hager) early in the 2019 season gave rise to MLB'ers Troy Reeder's 8 gms starts & 16 gms that he played in. TR's 36 tackles & 2 forced fumbles in limited action was not a bad start for this UDFA from Delaware. Reeder proved to be highly fast learner & fully capable filling Eric Weddle's role as defensive caller if needed. I predict when we see TR in TC & preseason, he will physically leaner quicker & faster model over the 2019 version.

The addition (trade) for ILB'er Kenny Young who was an experienced former starter (for the Ravens) brought nothing to the Wade D ???. Rams needed a ILB'er last season in the worse way, but he never saw the field...I think that says a lot. :(

It would not surprise me if Natrez Patrick moves back to his natural ILB'er position over Young.

Last edited:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Just about every ILB you on this roster has about the same chance of being cut as starting. Fingers crossed the Rams actually prioritize the position and draft Patrick Queen.
E52A7AE7-14C8-42C9-B826-411D1D08C33F.jpeg