Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I agree that they should be #1 and #2 but it's dangerous to have just two RBs dressed for a game.
We did it in 2008 with Steven Jackson and Antonio Pittman, besides I think Kyrien should be back after Steelers game. It's just for one game....I hope

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
We did it in 2008 with Steven Jackson and Antonio Pittman, besides I think Kyrien should be back after Steelers game. It's just for one game....I hope

Hope so but if Williams has already been ruled out, I wonder if that might not be more than one game.

Not sure how 2 RBs worked-out 15 years ago but it seems risky. The Rams top 2 RBs were injured yesterday.

Rameosian

UDFA
Name
Greg
Fournette=CJ Anderson

CJ wasn’t really a match for our system, but added a lot anyways…

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Williams is young he will heal fast so Evans will have to carry the rock. But we all know McVay will go pass crazy on the Steelers and the Steelers know this too.

oldnotdead

Legend
Royce Freeman is the definition of a journeyman backup RB. He's played in 68 games starting 9 of them. His production has been generally decent. In his 3 years in Denver he averaged 4 YPC which is what Williams averaged before last Sunday. He's faster than Williams and a better receiver. What I'm saying is he isn't a starter but he's not a scrub either. His YPC is better than Rivers.

Evans has skills as a RB with good size (5'11" 200 lbs) and speed (4.45). It will be interesting to see what they can do. The Steelers have struggled vs the run this season so if Williams is going to miss a game this would probably be the best one to miss. I'm sure it factored into the decision to play Evans, He compares to Akers who is 5'10" about 210 lbs and timed at 4.47. In college Zach averaged 6.9 YCP over 3 years. He scored 18 TDs, with a long run of 75 yds.

If the OL plays as well next Sunday as they did against the Cards both Evans and Freeman should have good games.

McVay must not simply go away from the run game because Williams is out. The weakness in the Steeler's defense is their run defense. He must make them defend both and I think their defense will break.

I'm not worried about the run game. I'm more concerned about how the defense will play. If they bench Kendrick and start Ojemudia or Shelley I'm not worried. I think it would be a huge mistake playing Kendrick, because basically you are telling him there will be no consequences for his conduct.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That’s what we’re being told.

Hopefully it’s true.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see Henderson return and back up Evans in this one and maybe stay with the team for a while longer.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So much for a little while. Our RB room looks si different from the start of the year. Who will emerge while Williams is out? If Evans shows out, any chance he eats into Williams work load?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
That’s not confirmation, it’s speculation.

If he was confirmed to be out for at least four weeks, you’d think he’d be put on IR. If that happens, that would be confirmation.