Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Broncos had 39 carries for 169 and 2 TDs. I think that shows the Rams might want to continue the trend this week at home. We are catching the Browns at a good time, great opportunity to show last week was no fluke.

oldnotdead

Legend
Running the ball with a complimentary quick passing game is how you beat Cleveland. McVay needs to play 12 personnel and shelve his slow developing passing attack. Play TE Long on the left to help slow Garrett. Smith on the right side is explosive and strong so Havenstein will have his hands full. Hopefully, Higbee can help with a chip to help slow that explosive first step Smith has.

I see Higbee as being a key receiver in this game. With Kupp playing and Nacua the Brown secondary will have their hands full when you add in Higbee. But it's the run game that will be key to beating the Browns. If Williams and Freeman can continually gash them for chunk yardage the Rams can win this game. I love that combination of William's vision and elusiveness and Freeman's speed and power. Those two can wear a defense down after 3 quarters and in the 4th they could be gassed.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Running the ball with a complimentary quick passing game is how you beat Cleveland. McVay needs to play 12 personnel and shelve his slow developing passing attack. Play TE Long on the left to help slow Garrett. Smith on the right side is explosive and strong so Havenstein will have his hands full. Hopefully, Higbee can help with a chip to help slow that explosive first step Smith has.

I see Higbee as being a key receiver in this game. With Kupp playing and Nacua the Brown secondary will have their hands full when you add in Higbee. But it's the run game that will be key to beating the Browns. If Williams and Freeman can continually gash them for chunk yardage the Rams can win this game. I love that combination of William's vision and elusiveness and Freeman's speed and power. Those two can wear a defense down after 3 quarters and in the 4th they could be gassed.
Garrett may not play and if he does it won’t be at 100%

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I remember him saying he grew up idolizing Steven Jackson. He plays like him for sure, very physical.

Agreed. He does not shy away from physicality. He's definitely not the big antelope S-Jax was; S-Jax was a physical specimen, in size, strength, and speed, and K-Will simply isn't. But I'm willing to say that Williams has better vision than Jackson ever did - and this is coming from a girl whose favorite all-time Ram is S-Jax.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say this much about the SJax/KWill connection, if SJ hit the hole like KW and had his vision, he'd have every record in the book

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, if only SJ had that vision....

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Williams is a very good RB. Very good vision, balance through contact, and decisiveness.

But let's not forget it was a weak Arizona opposition.

I still think the Rams could benefit from a highly skilled RB to compliment him as part of a committee. Maybe Zach Evans can bring that in the future. I am not sure Freeman is the answer, but he will do for now. Williams is small-ish and so susepcitcal to injury. He lacks home run speed. His hands at times have proven to be shaky/put footballs up for grabs. I am thrilled he's a Ram. But I think some are getting caught up with recency bias. I don't think we've found ourselves at top 5 NFL RB, despite what some cherry-picked stats might say. That's okay. He's a stud regardless. He just can't be a true bell cow like Gurley was.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If he can do it against the Browns then it adds merit, and it does seem like every time he is on the field this O becomes exciting and dangerous…
Agreed on both points. This offense needs a good RB to really function. Hopefully McVay sees it now. But I am not holding my breath, as I cannot see how this year would be any different than the several before it.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He did it against the Browns.

Damn, that kid is a difference maker for this offense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If Williams keeps up his pace he’ll top 1100 yards despite missing 4 games.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's the next in a long line of stud RBs for this franchise. Dude doesn't have elite speed, but I think he is showing to be great at every other facet of the position

Ellard80

Legend
He's the next in a long line of stud RBs for this franchise. Dude doesn't have elite speed, but I think he is showing to be great at every other facet of the position
yeah his vision is outstanding - which to me is the true talent of a great RB.

He has + power and +quickness

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Straight line speed not the greatest, but I think quickness is more key for a RB and Kyren has that for sure.