Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
spending a 1-2 (even a 3rd) round pick on a RB is foolish. These guys are available in the middle and even late rounds. Keep drafting One each year in 4-6th round…and spend that higher pick on something that truly matters in the run game - OL!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
spending a 1-2 (even a 3rd) round pick on a RB is foolish. These guys are available in the middle and even late rounds. Keep drafting One each year in 4-6th round…and spend that higher pick on something that truly matters in the run game - OL!
Yes and no. If a GM gets lucky on some late round back then yeah. But look at the best backs in the league. Not many are 4-6 round picks.

jjab360

Legend
I'd say since Gurely
Nah. Kyren has better vision in the backfield than Gurley.

Gurley obviously had good vision but what made him special was that he was an elite physical specimen. Kyren isn't even close to the athlete that Gurley was but is productive as he has been this year because he has elite vision.

jjab360

Legend
Yes and no. If a GM gets lucky on some late round back then yeah. But look at the best backs in the league. Not many are 4-6 round picks.
Yeah, just because we hit on one in the 5th doesn't mean it's a mistake to take one early if that's where the draft board falls.

That's like saying it's a waste to take a WR early because we got Nacua in the 5th.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Cody Schrader? Yeah, he’s solid. Not the fastest, but certainly has the vision and quickness to be a solid back in the NFL.
I agree. His measurables will knock his grade, but there is just something about the way he pkays the game that is special. Wondering if you have a comp for him?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

He is so technically sound. Coaches teach backs to keep their shoulders square to the LOS while they're approaching and picking their spot, and he shows exactly how to do that in the way he glides forward and makes ILBs commit then pops out the other seam. And that's the other thing, is the OL opening holes, but that doesn't take away from how damn good this kid is because he just has those natural instincts the best backs have in playing that minigame with the ILBs.

I could care less that he doesn't have game breaker speed. This kid is a chain mover and everything we have lacked in that backfield. Watching him just slams home how barren that backfield has been for us.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He is so technically sound. Coaches teach backs to keep their shoulders square to the LOS while they're approaching and picking their spot, and he shows exactly how to do that in the way he glides forward and makes ILBs commit then pops out the other seam. And that's the other thing, is the OL opening holes, but that doesn't take away from how damn good this kid is because he just has those natural instincts the best backs have in playing that minigame with the ILBs.

I could care less that he doesn't have game breaker speed. This kid is a chain mover and everything we have lacked in that backfield. Watching him just slams home how barren that backfield has been for us.

He's everything Cam was supposed to be for us, but wasn't.

pvtdragon39

Rookie
Congrats to Kyren!!!!

Attachments

• GAHxZrcW8AA7PUm.jpg
    GAHxZrcW8AA7PUm.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 33

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ooops…just posted the NFC award on a new thread…didn’t see this last post. Mods, feel free to remove my thread.

oldnotdead

Legend
Kyren lacks elite speed but he has elite vision and the agility to take advantage of that vision. He's fast enough to get chunk yardage and he can be an important factor in the run game. He's a 3 down RB which is what you want in your starting RB. IMO Freeman is well worth a multi-year extension. He's basically a RB1B as he's a true power runner with good speed and power.

I think extending Freeman completes their RB room. That said he's going to receive a lot of offers to be a starter in his own right. It's no sure thing he will re-sign with the Rams.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It's interesting to read some of the reactions/predictions related to the Rams at this point of the season. Mostly dismissive of their wins and skeptical they'll make a push for the playoffs.

What we will get to find out, if health cooperates, is whether Kyren is an actual difference maker for this team. We'll find out if this past week was more about the Rams playing a crappy Cards team.. or whether Kyren coming back makes this offense whole.

I tend to think he brings the offense to another level and completes it in a way no back has since Gurley.

The Rams are 4-3 with him on the field this season... They beat the teams they should beat.. and lost to teams that are better than them.
If that pattern continues.. the Rams are going to make the playoffs.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
KWill (are we going with that nickname?) has three 100 yard games despite missing time.

Only Christian McCaffrey (4) has more this year.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What we will get to find out, if health cooperates, is whether Kyren is an actual difference maker for this team. We'll find out if this past week was more about the Rams playing a crappy Cards team.. or whether Kyren coming back makes this offense whole.
Yeah he just has to stay healthy and given that we will benefit. We're not gonna see a 200 yard day in either of the next two games, will probably be low rushing totals in both. But him or Freeman being in the backfield will affect the rush which is what matters.

Freeman being in that room also is a nice thing for us because it should help lower the wear and tear on Williams. If we didn't have him things would be a bit riskier in terms of expecting Williams to finish the sched out. I think we need to keep him in that 15-20 carry range and the nearer to 15 carries the better.

The OL is just as big a factor too of course. These guys have been up and down, but I am hoping they're ready now to take on the better fronts (playing as a unit takes time and snaps) and these next two games will be instructive. If they can show well the next couple games watch out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah he just has to stay healthy and given that we will benefit. We're not gonna see a 200 yard day in either of the next two games, will probably be low rushing totals in both. But him or Freeman being in the backfield will affect the rush which is what matters.

Freeman being in that room also is a nice thing for us because it should help lower the wear and tear on Williams. If we didn't have him things would be a bit riskier in terms of expecting Williams to finish the sched out. I think we need to keep him in that 15-20 carry range and the nearer to 15 carries the better.

The OL is just as big a factor too of course. These guys have been up and down, but I am hoping they're ready now to take on the better fronts (playing as a unit takes time and snaps) and these next two games will be instructive. If they can show well the next couple games watch out.
Agree 100 on all that.

Much like how I feel about TEs… I’d love to have this RB room back. Maybe bring in a late-round size-speed prospect.

Freeman seems to be a good fit and perfect balance to Williams.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
KWill (are we going with that nickname?) has three 100 yard games despite missing time.

Only Christian McCaffrey (4) has more this year.

I'm going with K-Will. Simple, succinct, to the point.

And that's a very impressive stat.

Can't wait to pair Cody Schrader with K-Will, make a St. Louis backfield. :p

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Ooops…just posted the NFC award on a new thread…didn’t see this last post. Mods, feel free to remove my thread.
OK...this time.
Next time they'll have to remove you.