Kyren Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very much a bummer with the fumbles.. but.. my goodness!! 150 yards!! He's going to top 1000 for the season on the ground this Thursday.. and is, clearly, the second best RB in the NFC this season. Just an ass-kicker.
Yea agreed.

I just went back and looked at his pre draft scouting reports again. They were dead on about his burst, patience, vision, power, agility and contact balance. Not to mention his pass blocking and receiving ability.

The interesting thing that I didn't realize (though some here probably mentioned it) is his combine was horrible.

Not only is he small. But also worst 40 time of RB's and can't jump.

40: 4.65 (27th out of 27 RB)
Vertical: 32 (18th out of 31 RB)
Broad: 116 (28th out of 30 RB)

But numerous reports mentioned how much of a steal was going to be if drafted after the 3rd round. They mention he was a super talented RB that will fall due to his measureables/combine.

His ability around the goaline due to his vision and burst is top notch. I see why they ran him on a 2 pt conversion.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Right now the fumbles were a single game anomaly. Uncharacteristic.

Both cost us a 90% chance at points.

A very coachable issue if there is one which I am one to think it is not.

If he can stay healthy we have something here.

Guys vision of a play developing with patience is all-pro IMO.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea agreed.

I just went back and looked at his pre draft scouting reports again. They were dead on about his burst, patience, vision, power, agility and contact balance. Not to mention his pass blocking and receiving ability.

The interesting thing that I didn't realize (though some here probably mentioned it) is his combine was horrible.

Not only is he small. But also worst 40 time of RB's and can't jump.

40: 4.65 (27th out of 27 RB)
Vertical: 32 (18th out of 31 RB)
Broad: 116 (28th out of 30 RB)

But numerous reports mentioned how much of a steal was going to be if drafted after the 3rd round. They mention he was a super talented RB that will fall due to his measureables/combine.

His ability around the goaline due to his vision and burst is top notch. I see why they ran him on a 2 pt conversion.
Maybe Sean should stop trying to throw so much from the 5 yard line. That shovel pass that Staff tried was just a bad idea…not enough room down there. Need to stop the gimmick plays and let KW find those seams.

InfiniteRam

Rookie
The number one need in the off-season is a RB that is similar to Kyren. I don't care what they have to do to find him but they need a similar version because he makes the offense tick. Without him, we are at least ten points per game worse. Go find his doppelganger. Now.

dang

Legend
The number one need in the off-season is a RB that is similar to Kyren. I don't care what they have to do to find him but they need a similar version because he makes the offense tick. Without him, we are at least ten points per game worse. Go find his doppelganger. Now.
Agree the Rams need an effective backup at RB. Freeman runs hard but there is a considerable drop off. I’d love an elite RB receiver. Dont agree that it’s the Rams number one offseason need. CB and Edge are in my book but I’m hoping an Edge can be gotten thru FA. I think an elite LT is also higher on the list.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
What happened to Ron Rivers? Are we getting him back this year?

RamWoodie

Legend
KW IS THE MAN!!! He best secure the ball Thursday because the Saints saw those fumbles!!!

oldnotdead

Legend
Ball security is a coachable issue. I think he will be much more conscious of it from now on. Kyren has been all they had hoped he would be.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

If you want that? Cody motherfucking Schrader of MIZZOU is your man. Doak Walker finalist, unanimous All-American, built like a bowling ball who can catch.

Imagine K-Will with Schrader and Evans backing him up. There's not a defensive line in the world who's going to be able to stop them.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If you want that? Cody motherfucking Schrader of MIZZOU is your man. Doak Walker finalist, unanimous All-American, built like a bowling ball who can catch.

Imagine K-Will with Schrader and Evans backing him up. There's not a defensive line in the world who's going to be able to stop them.
I’ll keep going back to Oldbutnotdeads take on Kyren. Sure it’s changing?

—It’s not draft day so I’m not going to make that call,but yes I believe in the value of a RB.

Les Snead in 2017 had a saying about there is only 1 FOOTBALL when asked about drafting a RB.
D.Cooks from FSU was there & The Rams traded there 2nd rd pick for basically for G. Everett & John Johnson.It worked out.
In 2020 The Rams could have traded up for Johnathan Taylor.
CAM AKERS(52)VAN JEFFERSON-TERELL LEWIS
—By The Ways - Jared Goff & Jalen Hurt(53) just saying.I really liked Johnathan Taylor though,but still Hurts was there & Cam Akers would have still been there.AJ Dillion(62)was still there when The Rams drafted Van Jefferson(57).

My point is there’s value.There is also players of need.We can all guess & 2nd guess.I’m a Draft’nk from The Way past CIRCLE players.I took Cam Akers off my board of 5 RB’s.Corey Dillon was a RB who would have went well with Gerald Henderson.

The Rams staying put in 2023 & Drafting Steve Avila was GREAT! THE BEST FIND in 2023 ? Coby Turner & Bryon Young were also GREAT PICKS. When The Saints called out Byron Young I was PISSED,but then they announced from BAMA & he was still on the board & The Rams drafted him.

WOW - that’s 3 DAY 1 Starters !!

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’ll keep going back to Oldbutnotdeads take on Kyren. Sure it’s changing?

—It’s not draft day so I’m not going to make that call,but yes I believe in the value of a RB.

Les Snead in 2017 had a saying about there is only 1 FOOTBALL when asked about drafting a RB.
D.Cooks from FSU was there & The Rams traded there 2nd rd pick for basically for G. Everett & John Johnson.It worked out.
In 2020 The Rams could have traded up for Johnathan Taylor.
CAM AKERS(52)VAN JEFFERSON-TERELL LEWIS
—By The Ways - Jared Goff & Jalen Hurt(53) just saying.I really liked Johnathan Taylor though,but still Hurts was there & Cam Akers would have still been there.AJ Dillion(62)was still there when The Rams drafted Van Jefferson(57).

My point is there’s value.There is also players of need.We can all guess & 2nd guess.I’m a Draft’nk from The Way past CIRCLE players.I took Cam Akers off my board of 5 RB’s.Corey Dillon was a RB who would have went well with Gerald Henderson.

The Rams staying put in 2023 & Drafting Steve Avila was GREAT! THE BEST FIND in 2023 ? Coby Turner & Bryon Young were also GREAT PICKS. When The Saints called out Byron Young I was PISSED,but then they announced from BAMA & he was still on the board & The Rams drafted him.

WOW - that’s 3 DAY 1 Starters !!

Schrader's a lot like K-Will in that his measurables are going to make him a Day 3 pick. With one of our sixths...why not?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Schrader's a lot like K-Will in that his measurables are going to make him a Day 3 pick. With one of our sixths...why not?

Agree - Les Snead has done well with those late Rd. RB picks.
Look at Gerald Henderson. Why trade up,Dallas got Tony Pollard from the same school at that later pick.

Jake Funk though ? I guess he was a good special teams guy.He never showed as a NFL RB though.

InfiniteRam

Rookie

Sweet. Will check him out.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pass the helping of crow, folks. I was pushing hard before the draft this year for the Rams to do whatever it took to get Jahmyr Gibbs because I didn't think our RB's were good enough. I thought we needed a "home run" hitter like Gurley was and Jahmyr seemed to fill that need. I certainly didn't think Cam Akers was special and didn't see anything special about Kyren Williams.

Yeah, I was wrong.

I still think Gibbs is special and is that guy, but so is Kyren in his own way. He is the player that opened the Rams offense this year and has aided Matthew Stafford immensely, no matter WHAT @Merlin says!.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Pass the helping of crow, folks. I was pushing hard before the draft this year for the Rams to do whatever it took to get Jahmyr Gibbs because I didn't think our RB's were good enough. I thought we needed a "home run" hitter like Gurley was and Jahmyr seemed to fill that need. I certainly didn't think Cam Akers was special and didn't see anything special about Kyren Williams.

Yeah, I was wrong.

I still think Gibbs is special and is that guy, but so is Kyren in his own way. He is the player that opened the Rams offense this year and has aided Matthew Stafford immensely, no matter WHAT @Merlin says!.
They got both him and LaPorta. Brad you bastid.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Yeah, I was wrong.

I was 100% wrong on Kyren and he's become one of my favorite players.