Kupp to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm not a fan of the term "injury prone." All players are prone to injury. Some may tolerate minor injuries more than others, but some injuries are universal.

Kupp gets targeted a lot. That makes him more likely to get hit, and more susceptible to injury.
I agree with this and try to apply it fairly but, it seems Brian Allen is a favorite whipping boy for this term and Noteboom has undoubtedly been taking lumps for being fragile.

Maybe there should be fewer regular season games, there surely aren’t enough players to support 32 teams playing 20+ games a year.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
High ankle sprain requiring surgery?

Two more offensive linemen out for the year?

Yeah, just shut Kupp down.

At this point I'd keep Stafford in protocol too. Concussion symptoms can linger for months. Just say they are, even if they aren't. Don't risk his health behind this o-line.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The key now is to get Robinson going. Figure out what it is he can do in this offense and then work on the other options, interchange them until you get a good feel. It's going to be ugly but at least use this time to sort the wideout group which has gone from an impressively deep group (preseason) to a group that needs a couple to step up big.

So hopefully they can sort this OL and get them playing better, which will allow all that. And if we can get some production underneath, maybe develop some sort of threat there from the backfield, that would also provide some clarity for the offseason and a surgical rebuild.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
McCutcheon time. Let's see what he's got for real.
This could be the only good news that comes of this... If he's a stud then I'll live with a High ankle sprain for now. It's not like we're winning with him anyway

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
As a WR that comes with the job, right?

Fans have been all over other players labeling them as injury prone for the same kind of on their job injuries that come from being rolled up on or other freak injuries they have no control over.

The list I have found is 7 separate injuries long for Kupp. In 2018 he had two stints where he missed games.

I love me some Kupp, I want to see what other Rams fans think. Does he get a pass from this label because we like him? So far the only 2 replies says yes.

For me, I would call someone injury prone if they are always dealing with hamstrings, groin, muscle like stuff, and non contact things.

If you are rolled up, sometimes that’s a lot of luck depending on how it happens. Me personally, I give Kupp a pass on this.

Ellard80

Legend
High ankle sprain requiring surgery?

Two more offensive linemen out for the year?

Yeah, just shut Kupp down.

At this point I'd keep Stafford in protocol too. Concussion symptoms can linger for months. Just say they are, even if they aren't. Don't risk his health behind this o-line.
evidently, the surgery is designed to make the ankle heal fasters - its some new thing.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I'm not a fan of the term "injury prone." All players are prone to injury. Some may tolerate minor injuries more than others, but some injuries are universal.

Kupp gets targeted a lot. That makes him more likely to get hit, and more susceptible to injury.
This is his sixth season. Of those, he'll have missed significant time in two of them though he has never missed more than 6 games in a season.

Not sure that's 'injury prone' as we usually like to use it, e.g. guys who are missing more than half of the season in multiple years.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is his sixth season. Of those, he'll have missed significant time in two of them though he has never missed more than 6 games in a season.

Not sure that's 'injury prone' as we usually like to use it, e.g. guys who are missing more than half of the season in multiple years.
DateLeagueInjuryDetails
Aug 22, 2017NFLInguinal Groin Pull Grade 1Kupp missed the final 2 preseason games with a groin injury but was ready for Week 1.
Oct 7, 2018NFLHead Cranial Concussion Grade 1Kupp sustained a concussion in Week 5 but was cleared by the following weekend.
Oct 14, 2018NFLKnee MCL Sprain Grade 2Kupp missed 2 games with a sprained left MCL.
Nov 11, 2018NFLKnee ACL Tear Grade 3Kupp tore his left ACL and missed the final 6 games of the season.
Jan 9, 2021NFLKnee Bruise Kupp suffered a knee injury during the wild-card game vs. the Seahawks. He missed the divisional-round playoff game in Green Bay.
Oct 30, 2022NFLPedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1"It just got rolled up a little bit," Kupp said. "Foot got caught, but I think it was able to slide out of there before there was too much damage done, and so, we'll see over these next few days how it responds."
Nov 13, 2022NFLPedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3Kupp went down late in Week 10. He landed on IR and underwent November 16 surgery (tightrope procedure).

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
He gets injured more often because he's more involved. He's either laying blocks, making the catch or used as a runner. He's a baller who doesn't go down like a lot of WR's do after the catch. He plays an old school, bad ass, style of football.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Tua had this surgery back at Bama and was back 4 weeks later. Doubt Kupp will sit out if heals quick, but with how season going probably should.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Tua had this surgery back at Bama and was back 4 weeks later. Doubt Kupp will sit out if heals quick, but with how season going probably should.
If Kupp can ply I think he does as that's how he is wired. Besides, he is my best player on my fantasy team and playoffs start week 15 ;)