Jeff Fisher says he left Rams in 'good shape,' lauds Sean McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
he also finished the game against us and won. he may have played only one game but he did play well.
Keenum broke the franchise record for most completions in a game last year. He played well. He also brought us back against Tampa bay and played well. Beat a good cardinals team and played well. Whats your point? Anyone could play well in any given game.

Still waiting on you to tell me about these 'several' teams you're talking about.

RAMSRULES

UDFA
Name
RAMSRULES
Some pretty funny quotes on BR about this;
"Plus, I made Todd Gurley disappear for an entire season. Let's see Wonderboy do THAT
Jeff Fisher set the #Rams up for success much like the bubonic plague improved the quality of life for the generation that survived.
Plus think how many times watching our Rams during Fishers watch you had to admit "Holy crap, this the team sucks!'

nighttrain

Legend
So no Havenstein no brown no Gurley?? Come on Train you better than this.
Gurley you got, the guy that hated the Rams last season, at least he hated is offensive line. The offensive line, including Haverstien and Brown were terrible under Fisher, stank like rotten fish. Saffold the only player of note
train

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley you got, the guy that hated the Rams last season, at least he hated is offensive line. The offensive line, including Haverstien and Brown were terrible under Fisher, stank like rotten fish. Saffold the only player of note
train
Havenstein and brown played better their rookie year the entire team was a mess last year. I’m just saying he Fisher was telling the truth when he said he left the roster in good shape

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some pretty funny quotes on BR about this;
"Plus, I made Todd Gurley disappear for an entire season. Let's see Wonderboy do THAT
Jeff Fisher set the #Rams up for success much like the bubonic plague improved the quality of life for the generation that survived.
Plus think how many times watching our Rams during Fishers watch you had to admit "Holy crap, this the team sucks!'
Honestly I never thought that. I watch some spag and linehan teams and thought that but with Fisher I always get like it was a lot of unrealized potential and McVay is bringing it out

nighttrain

Legend
Havenstein and brown played better their rookie year the entire team was a mess last year. I’m just saying he Fisher was telling the truth when he said he left the roster in good shape
OK, we just gotta agree to disagree.He did leave some players, but he missed on so much, just ouch
train

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So no Havenstein no brown no Gurley?? Come on Train you better than this.
Our Oline last year was considered garbage, anchored by a 1stround bust...How many penalties did that Oline incur? Gurley had no vision last year, partly because he was hit 2-3 yards behind the LOS almost every running play. How many passes were thrownGurleys direction last year? I was worried thatFisher/Boras ruined Gurley, because his vision issues seemed to still be there in the first preseason games this year, but thank God he came out of it. We know the disaster with QB’s (all of them as It turns out).

If you want to credit Fisher and not Snead, why did Fisher throw Snead under the bus last year when his seat was getting hot? There was a reason why Snead wasn’t fired and yet Fisher was...and thank God it seems that the right guy stayed.

I am not totally convinced about Fishers role in acquiring talent, but I know he had a helluva role in almost ruining the talent he passed on to McVay. The MOST amazing part is that he inserted himself into the Rams business after he was deservedly canned during the season last year.gtfo Fish!

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Keenum broke the franchise record for most completions in a game last year. He played well. He also brought us back against Tampa bay and played well. Beat a good cardinals team and played well. Whats your point? Anyone could play well in any given game.

Still waiting on you to tell me about these 'several' teams you're talking about.

well you just named one that's keenum the other is foles I know that's only one game but he did play well. I guess I shouldn't have used several should have said two. still fisher had these two qbs and could not get better then 7&9. imho I think almost any coaching staff starting from where fisher did with the draft picks he had would have got us to 7&9.i just refuse to give fisher credit after 5 years of losing

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead doesn't do contracts, Demoff does so it's not on him.
Then it was on Demoff not Fisher he wanted Jenkins Demoff messed it up and got them in two franchise tag situations with Trumaine

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They probably wasn’t listed as starters but they played a lot. Kendrick’s was a FA after that year and Ej got traded for Watkins that trade doesn’t work if EJ didn’t impress.

Britt and Quick was both FA too so was McDonald.

Webster and Robey was the two I forgot.

I guess I understand what Fisher means by leaving the roster in good shape. Watching every game in STL in person I know what that roster looked like before fisher got there and 5 yrs to get the team respectable isn’t a long time when you think about what had to happen and how the talent had to mature.

nighttrain

Legend
well you just named one that's keenum the other is foles I know that's only one game but he did play well. I guess I shouldn't have used several should have said two. still fisher had these two qbs and could not get better then 7&9. imho I think almost any coaching staff starting from where fisher did with the draft picks he had would have got us to 7&9.i just refuse to give fisher credit after 5 years of losing
Who was it that Case was playing behind:whistle:, the other ex-Rams QB that was starting til injured, he make three
train

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Is leaving the Rams at 4-12 considered good shape? I dunno, he drafted some good players but also wiffed big time on skill positions that matter. LT, WR, RB, and QB. I only say QB because if Jeff Fisher was still here Jared Goff would still be considered a bust. It's only more telling that Jeff Fisher doesn't know what the hell he's doing because all 3 QBs that played for the Rams in the recent past are now Super Bowl contenders and when he was coach they were Pretenders

And just the fact that he says he has no regrets really shows how hard headed this fool is. Just stay retired Fisher. It's where you belong.
I have always said that I never make the same mistake twice. However, I have to know I made a mistake first. That might end up being Fisher's biggest failing. He seemed to make the same mistakes in hiring coaches and in developing offensive players. He sounds like he would do the same things again.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

I guess the hole thing boils down to yes fisher let the roster in good shape but a lot of us think with the draft picks we had almost any coaching staff would have left a good roster there fore fisher gets no credit. so if you want to credit fisher I'm fine with that but I won't

Ram65

Legend
does anybody really believe that Woods would have signed if Fisher still coach? i dont, and further dont think he would have recognized the talent of Kupp or Watkins, we would still have Quick and the dude i hate, both of them and Cook quitters when needed. Offensive line, ha, if Fisher here we'd still have:eek: Grob
train

I don't think Fisher signs Woods. I think he keeps Britt. Britt has talent but, it's is mind set that is the problem.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i remember back to 2012 when fisher dragged the rams from laughing stock to average. gotta give him credit for that. i even started enjoying watching the rams play again. it was like a stepping stone to better things. unfortunately that was the only step they took. they never got better than their first season with fisher, even though the talent gradually got better. that was the most frustrating thing about fisher's tenure with the rams.