Jeff Fisher says he left Rams in 'good shape,' lauds Sean McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Fisher is speaking as a GM, then I’d give him a “B”. As a coach, I’d give him a “D”, in regards to how he left the team. We had to bring quite a few very important players in this year. I thank him for his service, but it’s now winning time. Coach McVay all the way. No more 7-9 BS. Fisher should stick to fishing.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Fisher left this franchise in Way, WAY better shape than what he took over

I extend my glass in Christmas cheer to him

Here, here

Now the baton is passed and thank goodness to us all long suffering preserving fans...our finest hours are just ahead

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No of course Snead is awhere of the numbers. He is the GM and not living in a vacuum.

I'm saying if Fisher really wanted to keep JJ Demoff could have made it happen.

Nope, he was going to the open market no matter what, I followed that situation closely.

The Rams made an offer, Jenkins said on Twitter that he was "insulted" and shut down all communication with the Rams while he and his agent tested the market.

He didn't even sit at the table, he just walked. He wasn't staying and if you read his comments after leaving he didn't want to be here anyway.

No matter how much Fisher wanted Jenkins it wouldn't have changed anything, Jenkins was going to test the market no matter what. And he got what he wanted, a huge payday. I'm glad the Rams didn't give him a deal like that.

Ram65

Legend
Nope, he was going to the open market no matter what, I followed that situation closely.

The Rams made an offer, Jenkins said on Twitter that he was "insulted" and shut down all communication with the Rams while he and his agent tested the market.

He didn't even sit at the table, he just walked. He wasn't staying and if you read his comments after leaving he didn't want to be here anyway.

No matter how much Fisher wanted Jenkins it wouldn't have changed anything, Jenkins was going to test the market no matter what. And he got what he wanted, a huge payday. I'm glad the Rams didn't give him a deal like that.

If the Rams (Fisher) really wanted Jenkins they would have not have made that low insulting offer. They could have resigned him before the season. They did it with Tavon Austin with two years remaining on his contract.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
giphy.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Fisher left this franchise in Way, WAY better shape than what he took over

I extend my glass in Christmas cheer to him

Here, here

Now the baton is passed and thank goodness to us all long suffering preserving fans...our finest hours are just ahead

It's just this simple statement that goes over so many heads.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Yeah not buying that all.

First McVay is enjoying something that Fisher never had and that’s health. That’s something that cannot be overstated and dismissed. Fisher offense would have never been top 10 like McVay but it would have been more than good enough with that defense and special teams if they was even middle of the road good.

Fisher and staff did coach up Brown Havenstein and Saffold but as I mentioned earlier McVay has benefited from a healthy team.

In my eyes Fisher is absolutely right if McVay inhereited the same team that Fisher did and had to move the team like fisher did we wouldn’t be talking about how Great he McVay is.

We as fans should be happy that Fisher did construct a very good roster for McVay to take over. He implemented his offense and got Woods Sullivan and Whitworth. Tbh it’s all about timing and the timing was perfect for McVay
Sorry consistent injury issues speaks to conditioning issues. Under fish saffold was like glass. Under Mcvay and kroner he's beast mode in one off season doesn't make sense unless you point to technique and conditioning.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don’t understand why some of you say he didn’t coach anyone up. He did coach very well on defense and special teams because that Is what he knew best. He and Snead drafted talented players both on defense and offense. The only problem was that he didn’t hire a quality offensive staff to coach them and that he was fielding backup QBs due to injury. That is why he failed and is no longer an NFL head coach.
Here we are with backup excuse see keenum and vikings

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I will thank Fisher for 1 thing and 1 thing only without his 7-9 bullshit we wouldn't have Mcvay

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Under fish saffold was like glass. Under Mcvay and kroner he's beast mode in one off season doesn't make sense unless you point to technique and conditioning.
It's the same training staff though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe but appearently more accountability and time is being spent on it let's not pretend like Fisher didn't run and country club
I don't dwell on it anymore. Just tellin' ya it's the same dudes running the training program.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
1 out of 32 teams. How did that packers do without Rogers? Texans without Watson? Etc. etc.
Packers without Roger's still were in playoff contention when Rodgers returned. However that really didn't matter as I was speaking to Fishers backups who flopped here but are playing well elsewhere

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I don't dwell on it anymore. Just tellin' ya it's the same dudes running the training program.
I don't either I usually am the one telling people to stop bagging on th guy he's gone. But if Fisher wants to take credit for this year's rams he gets what he gets

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Packers without Roger's still were in playoff contention when Rodgers returned. However that really didn't matter as I was speaking to Fishers backups who flopped here but are playing well elsewhere
The only fisher back up that’s playing good is Keenum. Foles is yet to be determined as he played 1 game against a bad New York giants team. Clemens and Hill are no where to be found.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If they built that Roster Fish and McGinnis as they claim and still managed only 4 wins........Well what does that say about Coaching and scheme

jacktheripper85

Starter
If Fisher would have had the balls to hire a real OC, like maybe a younger McVay 2 or 3 yrs ago. He could take credit for the Rams success because it would have happened while he was here. But because he didnt hire a real OC, he is no longer coaching the Rams. So to try and take credit now is just a BS sales pitch. If he really wants to get a HC job he better find an OC to hook his wagon to.

Not just as simple as an OC issue. The way Fisher is acting now is the same reason he will never be a great head coach-no professionalism or accountability. His leadership skills downright suck as evidenced by his team’s antics on and off the field, penalties, “me not we” attitude across the board with his adolescent antics against the Skins during the coin toss with our draft picks being on the field the icing on the cake.

Like I’ve said many times, Fisher probably spent more time deciding on the style of shades he was going to wear on a Sunday rather than the game plan. McVay shows more class, professionalism and accountability in one press conference than Fisher did his entire time here. His recent comments show what a clown he really is. Way to make yourself look totally clueless in regards to what’s NUMBER 1 under the job description for a COACH.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry consistent injury issues speaks to conditioning issues. Under fish saffold was like glass. Under Mcvay and kroner he's beast mode in one off season doesn't make sense unless you point to technique and conditioning.
What does that has to do with him leaving the roster in good shape