Is Goff, Elite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I give him a 6 ranking personally and accenting

TexasRam

Legend
I Rank Goff top 3 in the NFL:

In first two seasons:

Lead the #1 and #2 offenses in the NFL. PERIOD.

Led his team to the best record in the NFL. PERIOD.

Patrick Mahomes has 1 more TD a
game then Goff. Who cares? The Rams run the ball for a TD 1 more time a game
then the Chiefs. Who delivered in the head to head matchup? Goff to Everett under pressure. Mahomes with 2 interceptions at the end when the game counted.

Goff Plays for a coach that refuses to run up the score which heavily effects Goff’s final stats. Six blowout games Mcvay chose to shut down the offense which could have easily lead to another 10 scores or more.

Goff plays for a coach that likes to run the ball at the goaline with Gurley and all the Jet sweeps with the WR’s.

The way the media hypes players without context of the stats is criminal.

The Bottom line is having an efficient offense and winning games not running up stats. Mcvay and Goff couldn’t give a shit about stats.

Screw personal stats. Win games and treat your opponent with respect. No one does it better than Goff and Mcvay.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh good... another thread about categorizing Goff by a term no one can really define.

Love these. :confused:

RamWoodie

Legend
Can we stop it with these threads about Goff being elite. He's very good...BUT...he hasn't been in enough situations and games yet to be elite.

What is "elite"? ... from Webster's...It's an adjective @ definition 2:
"elite:
adjective
Definition of elite (Entry 2 of 3)

: of, relating to, serving, or being part of an eliteseeking to attain elite statusan elite groupan elite institution/schooloften : superior in quality, rank, skill, etc.an elite performeran elite athletean athlete with elite skills The elite chess players of today are of no school. They hail from all over the world …— Garry Kasparov."

I'm a Goff fan BIGTIME...and I wasn't from the start. He won me over. However elite? He just ain't there yet...but there's plenty of time...no need to rush it.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Bucky Brooks doesn't think Goff is Elite. They rank him the 9th best QB in the playoffs only ahead of Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, and Mitchell Tribisky

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...d-trade-for-antonio-brown-ranking-playoff-qbs

RANKING THE PLAYOFF QUARTERBACKS: Foles over Brady
9) Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams: The former No. 1 overall pick has grown into a solid QB1 for the Rams, but after a December mini-slump, Sean McVay has to wonder if Goff is capable of carrying the offense on his own. Although the Rams' QB1 has shown in recent weeks (68 percent completion rate, 8.3 yards per attempt, 5:0 TD-INT ratio and 126.7 passer rating on 50 attempts in Weeks 16-17) that he might be most effective on a pitch count with the offense propelled by the running game, the memory of a disappointing showing on Wild Card Weekend last year could shake the confidence of the creative play-caller heading into the tournament.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bucky Brooks doesn't think Goff is Elite. They rank him the 9th best QB in the playoffs only ahead of Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, and Mitchell Tribisky

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...d-trade-for-antonio-brown-ranking-playoff-qbs

RANKING THE PLAYOFF QUARTERBACKS: Foles over Brady
9) Jared Goff, Los Angeles Rams: The former No. 1 overall pick has grown into a solid QB1 for the Rams, but after a December mini-slump, Sean McVay has to wonder if Goff is capable of carrying the offense on his own. Although the Rams' QB1 has shown in recent weeks (68 percent completion rate, 8.3 yards per attempt, 5:0 TD-INT ratio and 126.7 passer rating on 50 attempts in Weeks 16-17) that he might be most effective on a pitch count with the offense propelled by the running game, the memory of a disappointing showing on Wild Card Weekend last year could shake the confidence of the creative play-caller heading into the tournament.

Haha, oh man, these nfl writers crack me up. So a couple of bad games means that Goff isn't that good anymore? Fuck these guys.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams are 13-3, which certainly wouldn't be if Goff was not dealing the ball. We have a top QB, which 25 other teams would love to have. I don't know why this thread continues to live.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
The Rams are 13-3, which certainly wouldn't be if Goff was not dealing the ball. We have a top QB, which 25 other teams would love to have. I don't know why this thread continues to live.

Agreed. I am curious if we buy into Goff so much that when it comes to his contract extension we want to pay him "elite" and make him the highest paid QB or similar. Is he "the cream of the crop"? Or is he just really good?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. I am curious if we buy into Goff so much that when it comes to his contract extension we want to pay him "elite" and make him the highest paid QB or similar. Is he "the cream of the crop"? Or is he just really good?

have you seen all the top paid qbs? "the cream of the crop" has nothing to do with it.

once teams have a qb that can compete at this level they don't want to let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.