Is Goff, Elite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
And as I already proved, him having more TDs is solely a function of play-calling. The Colts offense has less TDs than ours. We feed Gurley in the red-zone; they feed Luck. Even with Luck's padding of his TD totals, Goff has a better passer rating and better ANYPA.

I called bullcrap on your claim. McVay and Reich are the head coaches. They are necessarily the leaders of the team. If we're talking about players, both Luck and Goff are leaders on their respective teams. You can't claim McVay is the leader here and Luck is the leader there. It's total BS. If we're including HCs, Reich is the leader there. He's the shot caller, not Luck.

Goff isn't elite. Neither is Luck. Both are top 10 QBs in the 5 to 10 range. Goff is higher on my list. He has more arm talent.
When your team turns from 4-12 to the playoffs. You’re an elite quarterback.
When ppl think of the colts they think of luck.
When ppl think of the rams, they think of McVay and Gurley. And there’s a reason for that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s not weird. I’m worried about having a guy that gets rattled to easy. And he’s been saved plenty of times by dropped interceptions. He could of have 6 the bears game.
What he did the KC was cold blooded, but he almost threw the game away prior to the pass to Gerald Evertt. I’ve watched every game this season. Except the chargers game. I’m just telling you what I see.
He’s been amazing. And he’s been terrible. It’s what have you done for me lately league. What he did the first 10 games doesn’t matter now.
I’ll be the first to eat crow if he becomes and elite quarterback. Right now he isn’t. Recently he looks more like his rookie season.

I don't care about dropped interceptions. Every QB has interceptions dropped. This is not a "woulda, coulda, shoulda" league. And I'm rolling my eyes at the comment that what Goff did in the first 10 games doesn't matter now. Total BS.

You can’t possibly think a decent game Vs cardinals team with a coach that lost the locker room is a come back.

I watched the game. I know what I saw. If I see it again against the 49ers, I will be quite confident going into the playoffs. It was easy to tell that Goff shook off whatever was plaguing him and threw the ball confidently and accurately against the Cardinals. I'm not going to keep handwringing over a few bad games that are in the rear-view mirror.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When your team turns from 4-12 to the playoffs. You’re an elite quarterback.

Oh boy. It's gonna be fun to see how you explain this one:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2016.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2017.htm

When ppl think of the colts they think of luck.
When ppl think of the rams, they think of McVay and Gurley. And there’s a reason for that.

Sounds like you're talking to the wrong people. I've heard a lot about the Colts this year. Some of it has been about the Luck comeback, but much of it has been about how impressive Frank Reich has been, how he should be in the running for Coach of the Year, and how he must have been the mastermind behind the Eagles offense last year.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Oh boy. It's gonna be fun to see how you explain this one:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2016.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2017.htm

Sounds like you're talking to the wrong people. I've heard a lot about the Colts this year. Some of it has been about the Luck comeback, but much of it has been about how impressive Frank Reich has been, how he should be in the running for Coach of the Year, and how he must have been the mastermind behind the Eagles offense last year.

You know exactly how you explain the first one. McVay. That’s why he won coach of the year.
Luck was winning games with chuck pagano.
You could make the argument for both cases.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know exactly how you explain the first one. McVay. That’s why he won coach of the year.

Here's what you said: "When your team turns from 4-12 to the playoffs. You’re an elite quarterback." I guess what you meant was: "When your team turns from 4-12 to the playoffs. You’re an elite quarterback, unless you're Jared Goff."

I expect that shit from the media, but it's sad that I am now having to read that shit on a Rams forum from a Rams fan. I guess it just proves yet again that Goff has to do twice as much as every other QB to get the same amount of credit.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
You’re playing dumb. Luck wasn’t there last season.
Goff was there for the 4-12 season.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Luck was winning games with chuck pagano.
You could make the argument for both cases.

You need to get back to your Madden game son. Goff has gone to the pro bowl 2 years running and will, at this rate, join some great players in the hall of fame. A Super Bowl win would make that even more likely, so settle down kid and start dreaming...

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
You need to get back to your Madden game son. Goff has gone to the pro bowl 2 years running and will, at this rate, join some great players in the hall of fame. A Super Bowl win would make that even more likely, so settle down kid and start dreaming...
Yea I’d love for that to happen.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope it stays that way.
I think Goff’s a good quarterback. It’s just hard to consider someone elite when hes had 6 interceptions 4 fumbles, and 1 touchdown heading into the playoffs. I was sold earlier this season, but now I’m wondering. His pocket awareness isn’t very good. He’s as good as the Oline allows him to be.
Which you can say about a lot of QBs, but elite ones find a way to make it happen with less.

This post has left me speechless. Please tell us which pocket passers can make things happen when they're getting hit almost every other down. The one thing we know about Goff is that his pocket awareness is elite for his age.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
So you thought the rams just gave 30 million to a scrub? He was a receiver on a running team. With a quarterback that could only throw down field and run. While giving their running backs 30-40 carries a game. Maybe you should watch some football instead of reading stat lines.
You sound like a person who bought in the "Goff is a bust" narrative. Pretty sad coming from a rams fan considering Goff has been a pro bowl QB for the past two seasons with two division titles to go with it.
But I get it. Goff doesn't get credit for any of that...its all Mcvay.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
This post has left me speechless. Please tell us which pocket passers can make things happen when they're getting hit almost every other down. The one thing we know about Goff is that his pocket awareness is elite for his age.

Agreed.
People seem to forget Goff is only 24.
The guy has only gotten better every season since his freshman year at Cal.
Shoot I'll take his production this year every year for the rest of his career.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It’s not weird. I’m worried about having a guy that gets rattled to easy. And he’s been saved plenty of times by dropped interceptions. He could of have 6 the bears game.
What he did the KC was cold blooded, but he almost threw the game away prior to the pass to Gerald Evertt. I’ve watched every game this season. Except the chargers game. I’m just telling you what I see.
He’s been amazing. And he’s been terrible. It’s what have you done for me lately league. What he did the first 10 games doesn’t matter now. You can’t possibly think a decent game Vs cardinals team with a coach that lost the locker room is a come back.
I’ll be the first to eat crow if he becomes and elite quarterback. Right now he isn’t. Recently he looks more like his rookie season.
Considering the quarterback your bashing is a two time pro bowler with two division titles in 3 years. On top of that the said quarterback in question is the rams quarterback and the quarterback you're praising is on the colts who might not make the playoffs.
Yea that's odd.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Here's what you said: "When your team turns from 4-12 to the playoffs. You’re an elite quarterback." I guess what you meant was: "When your team turns from 4-12 to the playoffs. You’re an elite quarterback, unless you're Jared Goff."

I expect that crap from the media, but it's sad that I am now having to read that crap on a Rams forum from a Rams fan. I guess it just proves yet again that Goff has to do twice as much as every other QB to get the same amount of credit.
For some people Goff could win the SB and mcvay would get all the credit.
Very sad indeed.
Goff is a excellent quarterback.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You’re playing dumb. Luck wasn’t there last season.
Goff was there for the 4-12 season.

No, I'm calling out the double standard you're applying here. You walked yourself right into it. You're only undermining your credibility by continuing to try and fight this out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And I'm rolling my eyes at the comment that what Goff did in the first 10 games doesn't matter now. Total BS.
It’s funny you say that. I’ve heard plenty of people (not the poster you quoted) disregard his first 10 games of this season yet complain about Goff playing like he did as a rookie, in those first 10 games. It’s just amazing to me how this kid just doesn’t seem to get the benefit of the doubt. And faces such a ridiculous double standard.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wins above replacement. How many wins do the Rams have after 15 games with Sean Mannion? I am not even hating on our backup, but I can't see this team winning 6 games with him. That alone tells me that this is a Goff/McVay story, not one or the other. Exactly how it should be IMO. Oh and go tell Big Whit and the rest of that offense that Jared isn't their leader. He has stated otherwise on multiple occasions. Relax and enjoy the maturation of a really good YOUNG QB.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
No, I'm calling out the double standard you're applying here. You walked yourself right into it. You're only undermining your credibility by continuing to try and fight this out.
It’s not a double standard, it’s 2 completely different situations. The same QB with a different coach and an excellent offensive scheme.
The other team went from Jacoby Brisset to Andrew Luck.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
jared-goff-fan.jpg

mmqb-jared-goff-pointing.jpg

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I don't know about "elite", seems like a subjective term with mobile goalposts. But I do know this; the only QB I'd consider trading Goff for straight up is Mahomes, and I'd have to think real hard on that one. I used this same argument to defend Bradford many moons ago, and for Sammy, the list was considerably longer than one name...Make of that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.