GRob traded to Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What are the odds of a team drafting Jason Smith and Greg Robinson within like 6 years of one another, both with the 2nd pick in the draft? Ouch.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
WOW :wow: and thats how Thursday June 15 2017 starts. Guess Jamon Brown may be our future RT after all. Or at least this season.

So all we could get was a sixth round pick not even a 4th or 5th :(:( But i guess something is better then nothing and just cutting him.
:football:
It sure seems like Detroit got a great deal, and that we could have done better! But then again, IF he's a "Bust" it's just as well!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Didn't take long for them to decide to jettison Robinson...Not a big surprise given the mini-camp work he wasn't a part of...Speaking of which, why would the Rams forego the last day of moni-camp ???

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Cap savings will be useful. But glad to see him gone. It isn't much but at least got something for him. But the cap savings is probably what they wanted more than the draft pick. What an awful pick by Snisher.

I guess this " Dead Money/Cap savings explains why we took a 6th rounder for him, I just wonder If Detroit picks up any of that Dead money or how does that work!? Anyone know!?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I can see the future now:

"Former rams LT Greg Robinson invited to 2018 pro bowl"

09000d5d820233b0_video_cp.jpg

To do what, carry bags or bus tables?

Oh, I know! To open doors!! ;)

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Turn the page! The GR saga is over with the Rams. We have a little more clarity as far as the OL roster goes. Somebody in the OL mix is feeling a little better today about making the roster. Good luck to GR and hello a little cap help. An extra 6th round pick may not seem to be worth much but it's a full 6th round pick better than no extra pick at all.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
OFF TOPIC! Love the New avatar flv, Looks like, it should be captioned " Flv Reporting!":D

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well looks like we'll see about half as many yellow flags as we did last year. Glad he's finally gone.

Best of luck to him. Glad this staff isn't playing around with those who can't cut it.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Addition by muthafuckin subtraction...

I really wanted it work out but it didnt and im glad it happened sooner rather than later. I never understood the patience shown to guys like G Rob and Barnes by some on this board...especially after years of subpar play in which they were paid hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars for their "performance"...

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Didn't take long for them to decide to jettison Robinson...Not a big surprise given the mini-camp work he wasn't a part of...Speaking of which, why would the Rams forego the last day of moni-camp ???
To throw a party in celebration of dumping Greg Robinson! :D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yep called that Monday, thought it would put an end to this matter. GUess Snead might come in here from time to time after all.

You were right on point sir, nicely done and I know how much you will miss GROB and his follies.:LOL:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't see how saving $3 million is good? How receiving a 6th round pick was good? For the #2 overall....

I disagree saving cap is always good and might lead to resolving the Aaron Donald extension also it was time to move on and cut your loses at the very minimum the Rams did receive compensation back.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I would have traded him for bag of freshly laundered jockstraps.
So some dirty jocks woulda held the deal up?

I disagree saving cap is always good and might lead to resolving the Aaron Donald extension also it was time to move on and cut your loses at the very minimum the Rams did receive compensation back.
I feel ya den...get something...

My take is...rehabilitate this guys image....THEN trade him when teams in need get a lil desperate...like pre-season game 3....

6th round pick is nothing.....3.3 million ...in this age is almost nothing. We basically blew a #2 pick...in a deep draft....

and personally, if Goff doesn't shine...and I mean 4000 yards 25 td's....Snead is toast.