GRob traded to Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Snead has to feel a little silly making this trade. What a bad pick. Love the culture McVay is bringing here though. If you can't grasp the scheme and/or execute in it.....kick rocks. That should send a message to everyone on this team.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
So I'm wondering now is it really the much better to just flop Brown and Havenstein?
That's essentially what we are doing on the right side.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

looking at the big picture we're kind of lucky he did bust. if he was a good player the rams would have been a little better and fisher would still be the coach. sometimes bad things have to happen for the team to better itself. i'll trade this coaching staff for grob busting and fisher plus his cronies packing their bags every day of the week.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Meanwhile, up in the Dirty D...

After waking up drenched in sweat from nightmares, Matthew Stafford is on the phone with his life insurance agent asking him to increase his policy to the maximum allowable amount.

Holding,,, #73 offense!!!

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the jury still out on Goff, and giving a pass to Gurley for soph slump, has any player on the offensive side of the ball been any kind of success from the Fisher/Snead era?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
With the jury still out on Goff, and giving a pass to Gurley for soph slump, has any player on the offensive side of the ball been any kind of success from the Fisher/Snead era?

I guess it would be Britt and possibly Havenstien

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can see the future now:

"Former rams LT Greg Robinson invited to 2018 pro bowl"

Psycho_X

Legend

fearsomefour

Legend
boom - don't know what to think about that
It is a real pointing out if the failings of the previous admin.
Using the 2nd overall pic on a guy who either couldn't play or they couldn't develop is striking.
If he turns into a good player with the Lions that is further indictment. Didn't read what the Lions gave up but if it's not much a no brainer for them. Take a flyer on an athletically gifted guy and see if he can be turned around.
I think by the time Grob arrived is Fisher-land the atmosphere was poisened. Snead has to wear this pick too. For the Rams he was an epic bust given where he was taken. I'm not saying I would have fired Snead after last if I were the owner but this pic would have been the biggest argument in favor of firing.
That said, I'm glad Snead was retained overall an I wish Grob luck in turning things around.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rams get a draft choice and save close to 3.5 million good for all parties involved.
I don't see how saving $3 million is good? How receiving a 6th round pick was good? For the #2 overall....

And getting a 6th for a no. 1 goes to show what little value he really was, and they were looking to unload him to save some cash too.
I think we didn't have the leverage to get more. I'm sure a team without a LT for a few months could have at least sent a 3rd. Greg is gonna start over there...should have been a 3rd or better.

This organization should never, ever draft an O-lineman in the 1st round ever again. The last two have been total and complete busts.
This is funny....but I'm looking at all of our 1st round picks...only good one Tree....great one is Donald...name another 1st rounder that's working out?
So I'm wondering now is it really the much better to just flop Brown and Havenstein?
That's essentially what we are doing on the right side.
Considering what Havenstein looked like, I would say yeah, make that change. Still, we should have drafted Lamp...Brown has looked horrible sometimes too as a pass protector...Not the blown assignments....but getting ran over is something I doubt you can "coach-up".

fearsomefour

Legend
WOW :wow: and thats how Thursday June 15 2017 starts. Guess Jamon Brown may be our future RT after all. Or at least this season.

So all we could get was a sixth round pick not even a 4th or 5th :(:( But i guess something is better then nothing and just cutting him.
:football:
As a side note Brown has 100 to go to be a good starter....at G at least. Looking forward to seeing what he can do at T.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Nope, not really. And that's pretty telling.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I don't see how saving $3 million is good? How receiving a 6th round pick was good? For the #2 overall....
Being the second overall pick is in the past. The Rams front office can't change that. All they can do is make the best of what is in front of them today. Saving $3M and getting any draft capital for him is still a positive.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay I'll be the first nut job to say it.

Decker ?

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
He was a bum and obviously was beyond saving, at least from this staff. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed for both sides. Honestly I would be surprised if he changed for the better. It's a tough pill to swallow but he does no good for us being on the bench, so getting rid of him and receiving anything was the best thing we could've asked for.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Rams have traded Greg Robinson to the Lions, clearing his cap space

Bryan Kalbrosky

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

The Rams have traded former No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson to the Lions, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter The Rams received a 2018 sixth round pick from the Lions as compensation for Robinson While Robinson has 42 career starts in his three-year career, he has not provided the level of play that is expected of a top draft pick Lions tackle Taylor Decker will be out with a torn labrum, so Robinson should immediately enter the competition for a starting role

The Los Angeles Rams have traded offensive lineman and former No. 2 overall pick Greg Robinson to the Detroit Lions for a 2018 draft pick.

Rams general manager Les Snead spoke about Robinson after the trade:

Since we drafted Greg, he has been committed to our organization, his teammates and community outreach. We appreciate his dedication and the effort he’s put forth over the past three seasons. We wish him the best as he embarks on this new chapter.

Earlier this week, Robinson was not getting snaps with the first or second unit. He was benched towards the end of last season.

When Sean McVay was asked if Robinson still has a role with the team, he said yes. But he has also had consistently high praise for offensive lineman Jamon Brown, who will likely take over as a starter without Robinson.

The Rams also moved on from former starting center Tim Barnes earlier this offseason. Robinson is estimated to clear $3.3 million in cap space.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With his cap hit and past performance we're pretty damned lucky to even get a 6th.