GRob traded to Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Was mentioned in another post that the Lions lost their Left Tackle Taylor Decker for several months so this gives them a LT with plenty of experience for a 6th, whereas, Rams get a draft choice and save close to 3.5 million good for all parties involved.

.....A LT with plenty of experience........getting QB's MURDERED! :sneaky:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm surprised we got a 6 to be fair

I'm not sad to see him go

Maybe a change of scenery will do him good

giphy.gif

…..

Legend
I can see the future now:

"Former rams LT Greg Robinson invited to 2018 pro bowl"....By new Pro Bowl RT, Rob Hevenstein. He was also givin a discounted flight with bargain airline, Spirit Airlines, which includes one free carry on baggage voucher. His end zone upper level tickets can be upgraded to upper sideline for a nominal fee on a first come, first served basis.

FIXED

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I find it shocking we couldn't make a guard out of him.
You can't fix stupid. For the amount of money he would get, it wasn't worth it. What guard would he beat out. Now we would be paying starter money to a back up.

A55VA6

Legend
Great trade. Robinson is a bust. He just doesn't "get it" and he was going to be out anyway. At least we got something out of it.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
So some dirty jocks woulda held the deal up?

I feel ya den...get something...

My take is...rehabilitate this guys image....THEN trade him when teams in need get a lil desperate...like pre-season game 3....

6th round pick is nothing.....3.3 million ...in this age is almost nothing. We basically blew a #2 pick...in a deep draft....

and personally, if Goff doesn't shine...and I mean 4000 yards 25 td's....Snead is toast.
Grob 4 years. Quick 5 years. Goff at the hardest position in sports 2. Your about to get me all stirred up again.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Jeff Fisher draft philosophy: Be all brawn and no brains.

987ff87b4625ab141301c43227b80a7e.gif

Ram65

Legend

Learning rap more than protection doesn't sound good.

This is stuff we don't always know about. I was thinking he was working at his craft because he seemed to come off that way. Going to the Bentley training and a few reports he was trying. Maybe he wasn't really trying.

Save the needed cap space. Get a 6th round pick. McVay and Company haven't messed around making decisions on letting players go via free agency, obtaining free agents and getting the draft picks they wanted. They just may have not seen some combination of effort, desire or ability both mental and physical to keep GRob.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
LMAO, one mans trash is another mans..... oh those poor bastards won't know what hit them much like the DE that'll give Stafford whiplash when Grob watches him sprint right by.

This is the best comment though.
"Belichickian move, sixth round pick for an established player"

NO WAY, THERE'S A BETTER COMMENT THAN THAT!

Re: Wow...Quinn trades for RAMS OL Robinson.
7:02 AM
Superbowl is back on!!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We could have got more than a 6th rounder if we were patient. Offensive line is one of the toughest positions to fill once the season gets rolling. A 6'5" 333lb OL with experience at LT and physicality that got him drafted second overall is worth a 4th at least. Even as a situational short yardage lineman that provides depth, he is worth $3.3M.

This questionable negotiating is why Tavon has a $42M extension while Donald and Trumaine are still on the wait list.