GRob traded to Lions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Big Game

Living The Dream
WOW :wow: and thats how Thursday June 15 2017 starts. Guess Jamon Brown may be our future RT after all. Or at least this season.

So all we could get was a sixth round pick not even a 4th or 5th :(:( But i guess something is better then nothing and just cutting him.
:football:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And sign Aaron Donald in 3....2....1......

I fear he will turn it around but no matter. It seems to me his attitude never improved after Fisher's "benching" last year, and he didn't seem to earn any favor with the new staff. If Kromer doesn't need to keep him, it works for me

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Wow ! Didn't see that coming but I guess he ran out of chances. Just not a good football player.

rdw

Pro Bowler
Holy crap... for a 6th rounder?
I have faith in McVay and believe his coaching staff knows what they're doing but man I'm disappointed Robinson didn't work out here.

Psycho_X

Legend

Cap savings will be useful. But glad to see him gone. It isn't much but at least got something for him. But the cap savings is probably what they wanted more than the draft pick. What an awful pick by Snisher.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

Cap savings will be useful. But glad to see him gone. It isn't much but at least got something for him. But the cap savings is probably what they wanted more than the draft pick. What an awful pick by Snisher.

Could've had Khalil Mack, OBJ, Zach Martin, etc. Very frustrating that we spent that pick on potential rather than a proven football player.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Was mentioned in another post that the Lions lost their Left Tackle Taylor Decker for several months so this gives them a LT with plenty of experience for a 6th, whereas, Rams get a draft choice and save close to 3.5 million good for all parties involved.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Pretty sad really. What a wasted pick. He must of really looked bad to the coaches to already be traded. Or his attitude sucked. Doesn't matter now. :(

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ouch.

hopefully this will be the last time the rams choose a project lt in the top 5 of a draft.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm surprised we got a 6 to be fair

I'm not sad to see him go

Maybe a change of scenery will do him good

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
They aren't messing around anymore. Looks poorly on Snead (and Fisher), but no use beating that dead horse. Time to move forward. They need to get Donald's contract squared away as well as Tru's.

And getting a 6th for a no. 1 goes to show what little value he really was, and they were looking to unload him to save some cash too. This organization should never, ever draft an O-lineman in the 1st round ever again. The last two have been total and complete busts.

Last edited:

Todd59

Rookie
This might be the best thing for him. A change of scenery may do him some good. The dude was a mauler, and I was sure hoping that he'd find a place on this team. But it was just never meant to be.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
First thoughts are love the trade. I was hugely high on Grob coming out. Like Snisher I bought into the HoF physical potential he had. I was wrong. Bad coaching, bad attitude and a bad technique meant it didn't work.

So as with all investments you gotta work out how long to stick it put or cut losses. Now is the right time. If he was going to be a good LT he'd have shown it by now. It wasn't going to happen.

Trade frees up salary and gives us trade up ammunition for next year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. I wish him luck.

A couple lessons ... coaching matters. On the offensive side of the ball, there was severe coaching malpractice by the previous regime/staffs. There is no question that affected GRob, because everybody else got worse when they came here. But if probably affected him more, as his confidence was sh!t.

Another lesson, in conjunction with the above ... if you are going to emphasize athleticism, you'd BETTER have a staff that can coach the guy up into a good football player. During Fisher's tenure, at least with the higher picks, he seemed to emphasize athleticism over all else. That worked ok on defense, when you had a good coaching staff that could turn these guys into decent football players. But on offense, emphasizing athleticism over proven ability has gotten us players like GRob and Brian Quick, great athletes who never developed into the players they had the potential to be, in no small part because the offensive coaching staff was at a black-hole level of suckness.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Since time began, there have been busted picks and there will always be someone we shoulda......

Glad they made a deal and moved on and got something in return.