Goff to start vs Packers, Wolford ruled out.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You got this Goff

tenor.gif
He’s saying, Jared— I’m rolling the dice on you here.

…..

Legend
Narrative flip- engaged.

So I called the dude a pussy for sliding short of the line to gain. Rubbed everyone wrong for my persistence and utter lack of tact outside a vent thread, pissed off the staff, got a 24 hour suspension (which I might add by the way, I took like a man and did the hard time and didnt even go into a fetal position brought on by depression related ROD lockout anxiety)

But!

Theres always a but!

But I also said Goff would replace Wolford against Seattle and lead us to victory and thereby regain his confidence, win back his team, and fans would all be happy and normal once again.

And so- here we are. At this place and time with Goff and the rest of his story remaining to be told. Someone posted (i believe it fearsome?) Goff’s W/L record against ALL world QB’s from the NFC and it was so impressive you’d have to be a sloth to not get fired up at the prospects of facing Rogers.

This whole thing has underdog story written all over it and America loves a good underdog. Goff can come out of this completely flipping the narrative in an ubelievably heroic fashion. That can and will send our national sports media into a frenzy trying to come to grips with it all.

So Go get em Jared! The world is yours, take it!

53841ACA-D229-42B2-A308-0CA4F705C1D2.jpeg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In today's press conference, McVay said that not only does Jared's thumb not hurt, but he is getting back his normal accuracy with medium to long distance throws. More great news.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still don't know how Goff did as well as he did in the last game, with how bad that thumb looks.

jap

Legend
No merge needed dude, it's an important and relevant development. (y)

My 2 cents: Why announce it midweek? Keep em guessing. Also with Wolford officially OUT, can we scheme up some RPO with either Bortles or Perkins? I mean, i see no scenario where Green Bay doesn't stack the box and send blitz after blitz...so i'm not sure our Akers/Brown run game will get going.

There is still the RPO alternative with Cam Akers, Hendo (if available), and with Johnny we always have a RPPO (run/pass/punt option).

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No merge needed dude, it's an important and relevant development. (y)

My 2 cents: Why announce it midweek? Keep em guessing. Also with Wolford officially OUT, can we scheme up some RPO with either Bortles or Perkins? I mean, i see no scenario where Green Bay doesn't stack the box and send blitz after blitz...so i'm not sure our Akers/Brown run game will get going.
I was wondering the same. I’m think Matt still has many ties to the team and he already knows. Just guessing though.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
While Rams fans are worrying about Goff's thumb, Packer fans are worrying about how to stop AD without a LT.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I was wondering the same. I’m think Matt still has many ties to the team and he already knows. Just guessing though.
I think there are NFL rules that need to followed to some extent in terms of practice status etc...

If he is not practicing, then ots pretty obvious who is playing. I am sure the Packers realized it was Goff.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It is what it is. A lot of guys have it way worse so its hard to complain. But yeah...im just gonna say nothing lmao bc this isn't the place for it but lets just say we could do better as a nation.

When I saw the chart for what percentage vets got with missing limbs... and how low each tier was??? I was shocked. It was so specific...

My story is equal parts comical and infuriating, so I feel ya.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s all about no TOs, IMO.

Goff can’t force throws and take unwarranted sacks....all just my hopes & prayers.
While I agree that playing a turnover free game would be great, I am hoping that eliminating/minimizing to extreme risk doesnt hamper the offense either. Still have to be aggressive. To compare with golf, nothing more frustrating than choosing to lay up, and then proceeding to hit the layup shot so poorly you're in worse shape....
I'm ok with a turnover, because shit happens. So if we lose 1, we need to take 2 from them!

Ellard80

Legend
While I agree that playing a turnover free game would be great, I am hoping that eliminating/minimizing to extreme risk doesnt hamper the offense either. Still have to be aggressive. To compare with golf, nothing more frustrating than choosing to lay up, and then proceeding to hit the layup shot so poorly you're in worse shape....
I'm ok with a turnover, because shit happens. So if we lose 1, we need to take 2 from them!

yeah i agree... cant play scared it doesn't work and usually leads to indecisive mistakes. Hopefully we can run the ball in this game... because I don't want to get into a pass contest vs aaron rodgers.

JRobinson

MiLB

Considering that Goff has been a turnover machine, I don’t know how being ok with any turnovers is a good thing.

Completely agree to be aggressive, but if you truly think that Goff will be throwing it 35-40 times, I think that’s a bit of a stretch. But then again, GB would love for Goff to be in that situation so he may end up throwing that many times. They will obviously look too stop the run and make us one dimensional.

In the end, a conservative approach is most likely what we will get. If I’m McVay, I don’t put the game in the hands of Goff based on his performance this season and on top of the injury. Goff has proven multiple times that when he’s right, he’s an above average QB. But not right now. Not saying that it couldn’t change with a snap of the finger, because it could. I just don’t see it happening which is why being ok with a turnover of any kind seems off.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I saw the chart for what percentage vets got with missing limbs... and how low each tier was??? I was shocked. It was so specific...

My story is equal parts comical and infuriating, so I feel ya.
Trust me man I hear ya