Goff to start vs Packers, Wolford ruled out.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JRobinson

MiLB
So, hypothetically speaking..if JG16 has 300 yards and a few tds, would you be ok with an int somewhere in there?

To me it sounds like you want him benched no matter what he does

If we win, fine. But if we lose, don’t think for a minute that his turnover(s) won’t be factored in.

I did want Wolford to start ahead of Goff no doubt. But now that Goff is starting, we all hope he can produce at a level to get us a W. We all know he’s capable, he just hasn’t show it this season, especially late.

JRobinson

MiLB
We shall see in less than 24 hours how that thumb holds up, I’m expecting a good showing by the Rams O

I feel as if it were just unlucky that Wolford got smashed by Adams (legal hit IMO). But your right, SB8 was glass out there, talk about fragile.

I hope the thumb respond well to his rehabilitation of sorts. I wish I could say that I expect a good showing, but I just feel like Goff hinders the offense at this time. If we run the ball with authority and Goff manages the game, I feel like we have a good shot. I just know what GB will be crowding the LOS and trying to put as much pressure on Goff as possible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He edited the post my friend. It clearly stated, “I’m ok with a turnover”. I have no reason to make that up.

But try not to be so belittling when pointing out a potential fault?

“Try again”?? Nice.
I think you are arguing with too many people, that you cant keep track. I did not edit my post, it began with " While I agree that playing a turnover free game would be great"
Context, you need to try and get some.

JRobinson

MiLB
I think you are arguing with too many people, that you cant keep track. I did not edit my post, it began with " While I agree that playing a turnover free game would be great"
Context, you need to try and get some.

Sorry.

You said “I’m ok with a turnover”, no?

Pretty tough to comprehend what exactly is being said through a keyboard. But don’t take it personal....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry.

You said “I’m ok with a turnover”, no?

Pretty tough to comprehend what exactly is being said through a keyboard. But don’t take it personal....
Its not tough to comprehend, when you read what is written. Not very "pragmatic" to read half a statement and make incorrect assumption

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I feel as if it were just unlucky that Wolford got smashed by Adams (legal hit IMO). But your right, SB8 was glass out there, talk about fragile.

I hope the thumb respond well to his rehabilitation of sorts. I wish I could say that I expect a good showing, but I just feel like Goff hinders the offense at this time. If we run the ball with authority and Goff manages the game, I feel like we have a good shot. I just know what GB will be crowding the LOS and trying to put as much pressure on Goff as possible.
I don’t know, I guess I would ask you what’s up with all the boots the Rams run, forfeiting 50% of the field.

I would also ask do you really believe the eye test that the Rams OLine is solid in pass protection?

So they are 10th in the NFL or were in rushing, does that imply anything about what opposing Defenses really fear playing the Rams

Im not on board with players all of a sudden ”lose it” I am on board that over a period of time key players can be pounded into making mistakes, call it a lack of confidence in your supporting cast not doing their job

To me it’s really quite simple, Rams establish the run, the OLine affords more than their usual 1.5 seconds on drop backs, this offense clicks

Constant roll outs...from my POV indicate a complete lack of trust in pass pro

just my two cents

…..

Legend
Yeah Im growing weary of how everyone says Goff has had such a turnover prone season.

He only has 13 dam INT’s

Nobody remember Ferragamo’s 23 ints, or Warners 22 int’s, or Everett’s 20 and the three different timeshe had 18

Did tou guys realize Goff was already #4 behind Everett, Gabriel, and Bulger in career passing yards? I sure didnt until today.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah Im growing weary of how everyone says Goff has had such a turnover prone season.

He only has 13 dam INT’s

Nobody remember Ferragamo’s 23 ints, or Warners 22 int’s, or Everett’s 20 and the three different timeshe had 18

Did tou guys realize Goff was already #4 behind Everett, Van Brocklin, and Bulger in career passing yards? I sure didnt until today.
He's had only 3 turnover in last 5 games....

Ellard80

Legend

He only has 13 dam INT’s

Did tou guys realize Goff was already #4 behind Everett, Gabriel, and Bulger in career passing yards? I sure didnt until today.

well... Goff has more turnovers than any other player in the NFL the past two years... It a reality most people have kind of accepted.

Back in the 70, 80's and even early 90's passing was different.... passing was more vertical and risky - its different now.

Having more Int's can be easier to deal with if you have a lot of TD's passes and your team is scoring a lot. Warner could be turn over prone at times for sure - but he also threw a lot ot TD passes and produced big chunk plays.

…..

Legend
Goff will become the Rams all time leading passer in less that 2 years from now. Think about that.

yeay yeah I know....would be nice if he did it with a few less turnovers. But shoot, we’ll fix that.

Ellard80

Legend
Goff will become the Rams all time leading passer in less that 2 years from now. Think about that.

yeay yeah I know....would be nice if he did it with a few less turnovers. But shoot, we’ll fix that.

As incosistent as Goff has been the last couple y ears... he is still one of the most productive QB's in franchise history.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dont you live in Florida or something lol. Rhody is right that 5 degrees can make a big difference especially after the sun sets.

That's where I grew up. I live in the Midwest now. It's snowing and around 30 degrees where I am today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He only has 13 dam INT’s

What people like this go off on isn't so much the amount of int's but some are very bad almost incomprehensible in how bad they are. They're so blind with not liking Goff because of them they don't realize how wrong they are.

JRobinson

MiLB
I don’t know, I guess I would ask you what’s up with all the boots the Rams run, forfeiting 50% of the field.

There boots in particular have been apart of McVay’s scheme since day one. The boots do a few things to help the offense:

1. Prevents sacks when your OLine is suspect in pass pro (ours is).

2. Keeps the defense honest with their assignments because the Rams are so good at making everything look identical.

3. Obviously it makes decisions for your QB easier by shrinking the field to minimize who to throw to.

That’s what I see at least.

I would also ask do you really believe the eye test that the Rams OLine is solid in pass protection?

I don’t believe they are solid in pass pro. I believe they are average at best as a unit. I’ve seen the interior three (Edwards, Blythe, and Corbett) get beat quite a bit with Corbett being the least to falter. And while I understand that everyone is going to get beat, our guys get beat up front whenever they aren’t physical at the point of attack. They are part of the problem at QB as well, but not enough to cast a ton of blame IMO

Im not on board with players all of a sudden ”lose it” I am on board that over a period of time key players can be pounded into making mistakes, call it a lack of confidence in your supporting cast not doing their job

Agreed here. But I do know per track record, that players can in fact loose you a game in a key moment regardless of what has happened earlier in the game.

But I definitely agree with you here.

Constant roll outs...from my POV indicate a complete lack of trust in pass pro

Exactly. But when you make those play calls and your QB still can’t execute, even if that means throwing it away.... it’s not means for success.

JRobinson

MiLB
What people like this go off on isn't so much the amount of int's but some are very bad almost incomprehensible in how bad they are.

This. The type of interception it is carries weight as well.

This season Goff’s Int% is at a 2.4%. Who’s higher?
Cousins - 2.5
Lock - 3.4
Wentz - 3.4
Darnold - 3.0

Like Goff, Wilson and Cousins also have 13 INTs. But the significant difference is that Goff only has 20 TDs compared to 40 and 35 respectively.

But it ain’t just the picks given either. Goff has fumbled a total of 7 times this season... 7! Fortunately only losing 4 of those. Dude has turned the ball over a ton. Regardless of the OLine, he still is held accountable to a high degree.

RamWoodie

Legend
Well...most of the talking heads on this game are knocking Goff and saying the Rams can't win because of Goff in cold weather with "the thumb". A lot of them go back to the Bears game at Chicago.

Well yeah, Goff has looked mediocre in many games this year and he's turned it over too much...BUT...nothing's gonna make me happier tomorrow, than to see Goff do it right. Not that he has to have big numbers...but that he engineers the offense to almost perfection, handles the pressure well, and make good decisions...AND THE RAMS KNOCK THE PACK OUT IN FINE FASHION!!!

JRobinson

MiLB
Well...most of the talking heads on this game are knocking Goff and saying the Rams can't win because of Goff in cold weather with "the thumb". A lot of them go back to the Bears game at Chicago.

Well yeah, Goff has looked mediocre in many games this year and he's turned it over too much...BUT...nothing's gonna make me happier tomorrow, than to see Goff do it right. Not that he has to have big numbers...but that he engineers the offense to almost perfection, handles the pressure well, and make good decisions...AND THE RAMS KNOCK THE PACK OUT IN FINE FASHION!!!
No doubt!!!