Goff or not Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I will never root for the Whiners, ever.

I'm not thrilled with how Detroit's fanbase exposed themselves as classless with Stafford. Nevertheless, they've also been hungry for 32 years and finally have a good team. I don't like that the defense seems to play a bit dirty. Regardless, they're a great team, and the Rams could've (and should've) beat them. The fact that we were in a rebuild season says it all about McVay and Snead.

We're going to be forever linked to the Lions' recent success. I don't think they'd be where they are today without the Stafford trade. And I don't think we'd have a SB without Stafford.

I think Goff could've made it work here, and maybe even win a SB. The jury's still out. Either way, unfortunately, I don't think McVay and Goff were on the same page.

I will take McVay over Goff ANY DAY.

My long-winded answer is this: Go Lions!

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
It's all good. What I'm saying is literal. We could get into a long discussion of how these offenses operate but you mentioned dink and dunk, slants and hand it off a lot. I'd say hand it off a lot may come closest to approximating either one of these offenses but they both have mid range and deep passes in plethora in their offenses and I don't believe either uses slants that much (Barely even).

To return to the passing game, not a ton of dink and dunk there.
Yeah, agree. The running part is right, and yes, McCaffrey gets checkdowns and shorter routes, but 49ers like deep strikes, particularly in cutting routes.

The 49ers led NFL in explosive plays, Lions second, Dolphins their --Rams fifth.

If you look for a deep shot and it's not there, checkdown is a good option (or if you have running QB let him run). So even deep passing games have checkdowns.

I don't see dink and dunk from 49ers or Lions as a tendency

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I'd root for Iraq if they were playing the 49ers
I've always said this. :trophy:

During the darkest days of the Cold War, I would have rooted for the Soviet Union if they were playing the 49ers.
Or this. :trophy:

Actually if either country captured and imprisoned that whole shit org and 99% of the fan base I'd say ignore it and move on.

Last edited:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
There are a lot of jerks in the NFL - Goff is not one of them.

I will root for Goff for the balance of these playoffs.
Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I guess I am in the minority here, but I want to see the Lions get their teeth kicked in and that dumb ass head coach, Cambell, looking butt hurt on the sideline late in the 4th quarter. I also want to see the 9ers get beat up in the game and have to limp into the Superbowl.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I agree completely. Goff's clear bitterness towards us, together with the Lions' dirty tactics in the wild card game, mean that I retain no sympathy for that franchise at all.

I want the Whiners to thrash them on Sunday, and then get their arses handed to them by Baltimore/KC in the Super Bowl.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Personally, after having time to cool off, I'll be rooting for Goff. Doesn't mean I like his team. I didn't like the Cardinals when I was rooting for Warner. So let it be written, so let it be done.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What I want is for the Whiners to die a death of a thousand cuts and for most of the cuts to come from their own hands. I want to see them lose and lose ugly. I want them to choke in a masterful way.

I have no love for Detroit after the shit they pulled in our game but my absolute hatred for the fucks from the bay run far, far, far deeper than what I feel for the kitty cats. Besides, the Whiners have more dirty or dirt bag players than Detroit could dream of.

I would love for all the pussy's points to come off turnovers and beat the bay area dirt bags by a point.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
What I want is for the Whiners to die a death of a thousand cuts and for most of the cuts to come from their own hands. I want to see them lose and lose ugly. I want them to choke in a masterful way.
It's such a shame that we lost to Detroit.

Beating the Whiners in the NFCCG would have been...
200.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Personally, after having time to cool off, I'll be rooting for Goff. Doesn't mean I like his team. I didn't like the Cardinals when I was rooting for Warner. So let it be written, so let it be done.

I've cooled off a bit too. I'm not a fan of JG. I am not rooting for him, but SF to lose.

Lions org? Meh.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I’m hoping for an overtime game, where they keep playing and playing and playing but nobody scores.
Fans get frustrated, then annoyed and, finally, they are so bored they just give up and go home.

After dozens of hours of this bullshit, the sponsors say ‘We ain’t paying for this crap’ and the Network realizes no one is watching. Finally, the NFL steps in and calls the game, awarding the Lombardi to the AFC Champion.

Niners fans, in disgust, boycott the team, and the Franchise relocates to Oklahoma.

Dan Campbell is so angry, he has an emotional break-down. Kerry Joseph tries to console him but Campbell attacks Joseph and bites off both of his kneecaps. Joseph tries to sue the NFL for restitution but loses when the courts rule that biting kneecaps is just not an NFL-thing.

The NFL institutes a No Cannibalism Rule, and Campbell never coaches again.

Yeah ... that's what I am hoping for.