Goff or not Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
Hate the Niners!
Sick of the Chefs! (Mahomes, MaAuto, and the Swiffies)
Don’t like Harbaugh (especially after he was mugging for the camera in week 14)

GO LIONS!

younghutch

UDFA
Nothing against Jared (although the former-Ram story is getting a bit tired) but I'm rooting for the Niners to get to the Super Bowl because I think either NFC team will get smoked by either AFC team...and nothing, I mean NOTHING, sucks worse than losing the Super Bowl.

Shanahan's head may well explode.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Never for the Niners. If the Lions were to beat Purdy boy and make him uncomfortable and advance to the Superbowl that would be a celebration.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He handled it before.

I’m not saying you are wrong but when defenses figure out an answer to an offense, not only do coaches have to adjust, but so do the players.

What changed is that teams realized that they can rattle him with pressure, it was all over for him. He would react to pressure before it even reached him.
Not just that but McVay could rattle him with looks.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Rumored to have been taken during the playoff game

Attachments

• IMG_3998.png
    IMG_3998.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 54

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I haven't read all the comments in this thread but want to clarify one thing for those who haven't noticed.

Jared Goff didn't lay a dirty hit on Higbee. The Detroit Lions didn't lay a dirty hit on Higbee. One player who has a history of similar hits laid that hit on Higbee.

Dan Campbell had a losing culture to change when he took over as head coach. That team needed to learn toughness.

To my knowledge he hasn't coached dirty hits but has emphasized aggressive play through the whistle. Every move that team makes from play calling to banning Stafford Lions jerseys for our playoff game reflects a mindset of unity and aggressive play on offense and defense. I think he's done a hell of a job remaking that team and boosting Jared's confidence.

That said, I am a Rams fan first. Would have loved to have beat the Lions and be meeting the hated Niners this weekend. We had our chances but it didn't happen.

Not a Goff fan boy (or girl) and fully supported the change to Stafford. I do think he's an easy guy to root for, though and will be doing so the rest of the way.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
There's certain group that is going to look for every reason they can to diss Goff and make some up if they have to, while never giving him credit for anything. They will hand wave his success in Detroit away because he has a good supporting cast (as if you could put anyone behind center with that cast and get the same results). They will ignore how he's rebuilt his career and come back to thrive after going through circumstances that would have derailed most guys careers, turning them into journeymen/backups (see our own most recent backup QB). They will ignore every great play he makes but the instance he makes a bad one (and all QBs do), they will pounce and act as if that's what he always does all the time. They will ignore that he's taken a franchise that has been shit for decades, won two playoff games in two weeks and is playing deep into January.

It's not enough that he got traded away, it's not enough that we did get a better QB who was a better fit for our HC, it's not enough that we won a Super Bowl in the first year with the new QB. They've got to hang onto the Goff hate like Golem with his precious.
Absolutely spot on.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cannot believe I've read Rams fans that are actually rooting for the Niners this weekend.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I cannot believe I've read Rams fans that are actually rooting for the Niners this weekend.
The hate for a certain player or players is very real around here. Fuck the niners and everything they stand for under any circumstances.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Jared Goff didn't lay a dirty hit on Higbee. The Detroit Lions didn't lay a dirty hit on Higbee. One player who has a history of similar hits laid that hit on Higbee.

Maybe you missed the late hits on Stafford after he was already on the ground. Could have been the elbow smash, or the stomp, but you should watch more closely next time. Dirty team. Period.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Maybe you missed the late hits on Stafford after he was already on the ground. Could have been the elbow smash, or the stomp, but you should watch more closely next time. Dirty team. Period.
Late hits my ass, he got stampeded, try to watch the play again objectively, what were they supposed to do?

It’s not like rams 98 elbow to the head area or the spear to LaPortas knee opening drive…it’s all on tape buddy, wonder if Detroit took note “okay that’s how this is gonna go down, fine”

No fines there…on Staff…or Higgs hit, nfl could have days later but chose not to, ie, legal hits, as unpalatable as that apparently is to you, you’re beginning to come off as very salty, life’s to short amigo

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The only thing more sad than the Rams season being over, is reading Rams fan argue over this shit......jeebus.

Ellard80

Legend
I haven't read all the comments in this thread but want to clarify one thing for those who haven't noticed.

Dan Campbell had a losing culture to change when he took over as head coach. That team needed to learn toughness.

To my knowledge he hasn't coached dirty hits but has emphasized aggressive play through the whistle. Every move that team makes from play calling to banning Stafford Lions jerseys for our playoff game reflects a mindset of unity and aggressive play on offense and defense. I think he's done a hell of a job remaking that team and boosting Jared's confidence.

That said, I am a Rams fan first. Would have loved to have beat the Lions and be meeting the hated Niners this weekend. We had our chances but it didn't happen.

Not a Goff fan boy (or girl) and fully supported the change to Stafford. I do think he's an easy guy to root for, though and will be doing so the rest of the way.
watch the stafford mic'd up video... lots of cheap shots

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Late hits my ass, he got stampeded, try to watch the play again objectively, what were they supposed to do?
I don't know, maybe not doing a flying macho man randy savage elbow smash to the head after he was already on the ground?
I guess the stomp after that was okay in your book too?

tempests

Hall of Fame
In all my years as a Rams fan I only lived vicariously through a former Ram QB in the postseason once. Warner, in 2008. And that was only because the Rams were abysmal, and the entire season was a waste of time.

Now that the Rams experience success of their own I no longer feel any compulsion to do that. I found the Rams far more interesting this year than anything Detroit did, and that remains true now. Goff can win or not win, it's not a Ram accomplishment, so I couldn't care less.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every team has players that can cross into the dark side at times. It's the nature of a game that involves brutality.

Aaron Donald has ripped off opponents helmets and choked them by the throat a few times. Actually, I'm surprised at how well behaved games are generally being played considering the violence involved.