Goff or not Goff?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don’t want those prick whiner fans to have the pleasure of a two week celebration of making it to the Super Bowl.

What I want?
I want the whiners to carry a lead the entire game against the Lions.
And minutes before the game, when the team and fans are so close to going to the Super Bowl, Detroit pulls it off and beats those pricks.
Breaking their hearts.

Knowing they put in all the work and came within minutes of making it to the Super Bowl…..then failed.

They don’t deserve the pleasure of making it to the Big Dance.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Goff brought that trade on himself and shouldn’t be angry about it.
I recall those games. I expected a turnover at any moment when the Rams were on offense. It wasn’t fun.

I was prepared to root for the Lions. I don’t hate Goff, but I don’t like teams that cheap shot and don’t respect their opponents.

So I’m hoping the 49ers give the Lions a beatdown of epic proportion, and then go on to get destroyed, themselves in the Super Bowl. Another ‘so close, but no cigar’ for Shanahan would be great.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Not necessarily rooting for Goff. But I am rooting for the Lions. Especially this week.

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm OK with Detroit hoisting a Lombardi. Their fans will probably burn down the city afterward. They aren't built to be a dynasty, just enjoying a moment in the sun.

We play them in Detroit next season. Payback is a bitch. I doubt they repeat as division champs.
If they win it all you can bet we will be there opening night when they hoist the flag.

Ramon Ram

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recall those games. I expected a turnover at any moment when the Rams were on offense. It wasn’t fun.

I was prepared to root for the Lions. I don’t hate Goff, but I don’t like teams that cheap shot and don’t respect their opponents.

So I’m hoping the 49ers give the Lions a beatdown of epic proportion, and then go on to get destroyed, themselves in the Super Bowl. Another ‘so close, but no cigar’ for Shanahan would be great.
I think his turnover rate was much higher because our offense relied on more downfield plays that take longer to develop and his decision making IQ was taxed. In Detroit it's shorter quicker passes and a good run game so he is protected better.

Ellard80

Legend
The lions defense vs the 49ners offense seems like a bad match up.

I want the lions to beat the 49ners for sure... after that... don't care that much but won't be cheering for them either.

I did not like the shots on Stafford in the wild card game.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I think his turnover rate was much higher because our offense relied on more downfield plays that take longer to develop and his decision making IQ was taxed. In Detroit it's shorter quicker passes and a good run game so he is protected better.
I said this in another thread and it didn't get much noticed. But I look at this Lions team and I see an alternate universe where the Rams kept Goff, rebuilt the O-Line and retooled the offensive weapons.

When the conditions are right, Goff can light it up.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
We will see the real Goff this weekend when the heat is really turned up, that's all I'm saying.
It is Levi's stadium and a Niners team that has beat the ever-loving shit out of him more often than not since 2018...a real possibility.

I think their O-Line though is good enough to keep him upright more than not.

JBRam77

UDFA
This is not a thread about Goff at the #1 pick. It is about are you rooting for him to win the Super Bowl?
Personally I was a Wentz guy and learned to root for Goff quickly but was with McVay when he moved on from him.

He has excelled in that short passing game offense which runs the ball well. Will that be enough to win it all?
If Goff wins it all there then good for him as this trade is already a win win for both teams.

What I think may happen in Detroit is that they get close but like McVay they may realize he is not the guy to win it all.
he’s better than Purdy

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Where has he acted mad? I thought after the Rams game he was great in not bringing anything g up but his team. Never seen him throw any shade at the Eams or McVay

JBRam77

UDFA
I said this in another thread and it didn't get much noticed. But I look at this Lions team and I see an alternate universe where the Rams kept Goff, rebuilt the O-Line and retooled the offensive weapons.

When the conditions are right, Goff can light it up.
thats called 2018

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm completely rooting for either AFC team. Of the 2, I think the Ravens have the best shot of winning it all, since they just kicked the whiners asses. So that is who I'll be pulling for.

I don't think the Lions have a shot this weekend. Goff was, what, 1 of 6 when pressured? Of course we couldn't get much pressure as we don't have the dudes yet. Those bay fucks don't have that same issue since they signed every pass rusher that was on the market and have the most expensive edge rusher in the NFL. They will harass Goff all day and that will lead to bad things (remember that insane throw into the ground behind him on one of our few pressures?). Sadly, just as the SB logo colors suggest, its more then likely its whiners vs Ravens.

IMO, Goff isn't as good as everyone thinks. He has the best line in the NFL (probably not close). Give Stafford that line and he's league and SB MVP this year. Goff is a bit above average IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd love to see Goff stick it to the 9ers, but I just cant see it happening.
If San Fran can keep Hutchinson at bay, the 9ers will have no issue moving the ball
Hoping that Deebo doesnt play because without him, and facing a legit pass rush, Purdy looked like Case Keenum back there

WestCoastRam

Legend
Have you watched Detroit's offense? In breakers all day. A staple of the McVay offense and decidedly not short or quick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We will see the real Goff this weekend when the heat is really turned up, that's all I'm saying.
Likely I agree. And if not, then I'll be going streaking in the celebration thread for the shitters choking as per usual. :laugh3: